Home Main Category General Firearms

Magpul Bipod

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 10,669 Senior Member
Magpul has a M-Lok Bipod that would fit a few of my guns without changing or adding anything.  I have never seen one in person or know anyone around here that has on .  When I asked a few fellow shooter they were all for me getting one and trying it out 
At just over 100 bucks, I dont want to buy one and find out its junk.  Anyone have or used one? Good or  Bad?
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,350 Senior Member
    I have been wondering about them as well.  It is not clear to me that I could switch to a different mounting system should the need arise.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,669 Senior Member
    They have a few different mounting systems, I am not sure if they are all interchangeable, seeing mounts are sold separately I assume they are.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Guess I am going to have to talk my co worker into trying one
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,557 Senior Member
    I have not used one. Didn’t even know there was one. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Link?
    Interesting. The stability will be in question until someone has hands on experience. 
    Reviews online are good.  Talk about wobble being built in to lock position

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,153 Senior Member
    Intrigued.  Grew up on the Harris S-types, which are getting a little dated in light of more recent developments.

Looks like Mag Pul has latched on to those developments at a significantly lower price point than a lot of the modern super-sexy's.  Quite possibly lighter too.

My big question is if the legs only fold one way.  Their website isn't 100% clear on that.  Some advantages to being able to go forward or back.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    edited July 12 #11
    Between description and review videos for what they are worth. I believe they go forward only
    Cool.  Next question would then be if they'll fold up unexpectedly if you mount the thing backwards.
    WWJMBD?

OK Big,  Why would one mount it backwards?
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,409 Senior Member
    Cause he wants to fold it that way? Nice looking bipod.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Cuz sometimes you want it more or less flush against the handguard to get a flat surface on your sandbags.  Sneaky sniper types might not want them folded forward so when they're snake-crawling dragging the rifle with a thumb through the sling, the legs won't snag.  Also keeps the center of balance farther back.  Heavy barrels being problematic enough in this regard.  Versatility, ya know.
    WWJMBD?

Bigslug said:
    Intrigued.  Grew up on the Harris S-types, which are getting a little dated in light of more recent developments.

Looks like Mag Pul has latched on to those developments at a significantly lower price point than a lot of the modern super-sexy's.  Quite possibly lighter too.

My big question is if the legs only fold one way.  Their website isn't 100% clear on that.  Some advantages to being able to go forward or back.
    Found this on Amazon 

What setup for a tikka t3x, mlok?

This one is made for any m loc stock- as long as you have left room on the bottom for it. Nice solid bipod- have it on several ruger precisions. Can be put on to fold forward or backwards when collapsed.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,703 Senior Member
    I've got a friend who has one. It works as advertised. It's not an earth shattering improvement over the classic Harris, but is a worthwhile consideration. 

If I didn't already have a Harris bipod that floats between a few rifles, I'd consider buying one. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    I've got a friend who has one. It works as advertised. It's not an earth shattering improvement over the classic Harris, but is a worthwhile consideration. 

If I didn't already have a Harris bipod that floats between a few rifles, I'd consider buying one. 
    SS3   Thank You
    First hand impressions mean a lot when you are unable to hold something yourself.  

• lancebanyonlancebanyon Posts: 7 New Member
    I know Magpul isn't known for selling junk.