Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Renaming confederate named military installations

Replies

• AlleyCatAlleyCat Posts: 361 Member
    edited July 10 #2

Just rename some of them after Nelson Mandela, some after Che Guevara but don't name any after Gandhi.

He was not too fond of the raw kaffir.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Can't some top level brass just say the renaming would cause logistical confusion resulting in compromised capabilities and endangering personnel and costing billions of wasted dollars???
  • AlleyCatAlleyCat Posts: 361 Member

Can't some top level brass just say the renaming would cause logistical confusion resulting in compromised capabilities and endangering personnel and costing billions of wasted dollars???
    I think they have tried that,no one new what they were talking about.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    I got a list of names they could use to rename those military installations. I have a feeling they wouldn't like them, though. :D 
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,939 Senior Member
    Yet more BLM/PC crap.  What more needs to be said?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,920 Senior Member
    I can see it now...Fort Obama...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,740 Senior Member
    edited July 14 #8
    I'm okay with this. While I understand that in some cases military bases were named after Confederate leaders in an attempt to extend a hand towards reunifying, when else in the history of warfare have the losers been allowed to celebrate?

Additionally, there are numerous heroes from conflicts far more recent than the Civil War who deserve to have their legacy preserved. How about Fort Benavidez, Fort Murphy, Fort Guinta, Fort Kelly... The list goes on and on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Benavidez

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Murphy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvatore_Giunta

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_L._Kelly

- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    Fort Scalawag
    Fort Rapscallion
    Fort Reconstruction (with immediate 80% budget cut)
    Fort Arsonist (in loving memory of sherman :D )
    That's about all of the clean list of names.  :)

I admit to being a bit hateful, mainly because where I was born and raised, and live now, was in the line of march of the U.S. troops that took everything not nailed down, and burned what was left. And add to that the fact that both sides of my family (NE GA and just outside Chattanooga) were negatively effected by the U.S. Army thieves that swept through like a plague of locusts. Only so much disrespect anyone can take. You're entitled to all y'alls opinion, as I'm entitled to mine. I never would have thought that the reconciliation, such as it was, in the naming of the forts had a time limit attached. Comes from living in a time when a man's word and a handshake meant more than a contract on paper. Kind of reminiscent of all those treaties with the Indians the Federal government made that were violated before the ink was dry. That's all I got.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    I get some people wanting to change and think. Oh a new sign on the gate, new letterhead and put the word out.
    Truth is UIC tables need to be changed, DODAAC tables need to be change . Everything for payments needs to change.  Its not a simple matter and won't be cheap. Besides most of America says no or has no idea what the fuss is  But that never stopped a pandering politician. Joe Biden will be on that band wagon as soon as he can get the words straight.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,150 Senior Member
    Just do the NYC DOE school naming solution- Navy Base 102, Army Base 017,  etc...
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    Ya know. . . with all these people unhappy with the USA, trash-talking the USA, saying how they want to the leave the USA, or re-shape the USA, or how the USA was never great. . . 

. . .you'd think certain lessons of the CSA would be getting some newfound interest.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug said:
    Ya know. . . with all these people unhappy with the USA, trash-talking the USA, saying how they want to the leave the USA, or re-shape the USA, or how the USA was never great. . . 

. . .you'd think certain lessons of the CSA would be getting some newfound interest.
    Until people get mad enough at the elected officials holding the police back from doing their jobs and vote them out, the stupidity will continue. As long as people put up with the groups like ANTIFA trashing their cities and stores, the stupidity will continue. When the people get pissed off enough and start cutting down the anarchists like ripe grain fields, the stupidity will continue. I have noted with great interest the careful abhorrence of such domestic terrorists to avoid places like where I live; I wonder why, and smile. It hasn't been explained yet to the domestic terrorists their tenuous grip on life, and thus their mortality.  The longer the rubber band stretches, the more damage it will do when it snaps. Amazing the amount of crap that people will tolerate and not fight back.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 601 Senior Member
    There’s a lot in the quote of George Santanya “ Those that can not remember the past are condemned to repeat it”