Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

You can not make this stuff up

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 10,914 Senior Member
Mayor Bill De Blasio was born Warren Wilhelm Jr.   Changed his name for the second time in 2001.
his father lost his Government job because he was a communist.  He lived in Nicaragua for many years and supported the Sandinistas.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/deblasio-nicaragua-warren-wilhelm/

And this guy is the mayor of one of the largest and richest cities in the world.  How?

Am I the only one that did not know this?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    To me that city is an alien world. I've never had any desire to see it. Corruption goes further back than before Tammany Hall. The Brooklyn Bridge contains sub standard steel due to intentional corruption. No effect on strength due to superior engineering. Whole city's likely built and run the same. City mayors are notoriously corrupt and wield incongruous power. Hardly anything would surprise me. Information should still be taken with a grain of salt.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,779 Senior Member
    Didn’t know it.  Not shocked...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    To me that city is an alien world. I've never had any desire to see it. Corruption goes further back than before Tammany Hall. The Brooklyn Bridge contains sub standard steel due to intentional corruption. No effect on strength due to superior engineering. Whole city's likely built and run the same. City mayors are notoriously corrupt and wield incongruous power. Hardly anything would surprise me. Information should still be taken with a grain of salt.
    Even Liberal controlled SNOPES says it's TRUE
    When I saw it I figured it was BS. 

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,825 Senior Member
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Knew it for some time now. Internet is full of all kinds of info like that, and I've had time on my hands to look up such stuff. That Democrats would hide that info about their candidate being a card carrying Communist is not in the least bit surprising.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams