Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Update: McCloskey's charged with felony.

2»

Replies

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    That wasnt an unconstitutional order.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 540 Senior Member
    That wasnt an unconstitutional order.
    Unlawful then. Especially being that they didnt break the law when they defended their property.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    It wasnt unlawful either. The police had a lawful order that went from the correct person bringing charges, to the judge lawfully signing the order. Cops dont get to judge the person charged in our legal system, that is for the courts. The charges were brought that they threatened peaceful protestors, that case has to be made now in court.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,035 Senior Member
    Trust me, if mods could fix it w'd have done so long ago. It takes an Administrator to fix those, (or any), forum software glitches. And we haven't had an Admin since November.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 776 Senior Member
    FWIW, I've watched several live interviews with Mr. McCloskey.  He flat out stated that the cops who confiscated his AR were not happy about having to do so.  They were courteous and respectful, but just doing their job.  He had nothing but good things to say about them.

Sweet nothings in the ear and condolences and back patting by sympathetic police doesn't keep you out of prison for defending yourself. Police have the option of following the Constitution to the letter or they don't - it's as simple as that. I don't buy the "just following orders" crap. Most police officers know when arcane laws infringe on Constitutional rights. Like the military, they took an oath to defend the Constitution. It now becomes a question of either having the balls to defend it or instead, following the whims of some corrupt politician and imprisoning innocent civilians. 
    Trust me, if mods could fix it w'd have done so long ago. It takes an Administrator to fix those, (or any), forum software glitches. And we haven't had an Admin since November.

Mike
    Perhaps you mods could contact the good folks at G&A? Surely they have some computer geek in their ranks. 
    Been there. Done that. More than once. You can give it a try if you want.

Good Luck!

Mike
    N454casull
    Been there. Done that. More than once. You can give it a try if you want.

Good Luck!

Mike

Good lord! There it (quote feature) goes again! Lol! Anyway, PM me a contact and I'll politely vent my frustrations. 
    Can't find the exact address (don't recall which email I was using at the time/s, but it was the digital content editor for G&A.

Mike
    N454casull
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    The State AG stepped in and dropped the charges on them. At least someone in the state has some common sense.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,110 Senior Member
    I wonder if the crime lab will send them a bill for the gunsmithing work................
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,779 Senior Member
    orchidman said:
    I wonder if the crime lab will send them a bill for the gunsmithing work................
    😂😂😂

Actually I wish this had actually gone to court so we could see a decent judge throw it out.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

My prediction is the charges will get dropped and we'll never hear about it again when it doesn't fit the mainstream media narrative anymore.
    Seems you nailed this one.

Mike
    N454casull
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Their redemption was mentioned as one of the lead stories on last night's Friday 6am BBC broadcast. 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,779 Senior Member
    The issue is this will be painted by the local Democrat hack as a political "forgiveness" by the Republican State level AG instead of the actual public humiliation the local hack would have suffered being laughed out of a real courtroom.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”