Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

The fact remains that Vindman admitted he deliberately misled Congress.

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    edited July 31 #3
    Who?
     :) 
    That army LTCOL whistle blower  about the Russian phone call 
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,093 Senior Member
    edited July 31 #5
    Funny that I can't find any other sources to this story and can't find anything out about the liontimes website.

Actual news? An up and coming competitor to "the onion"?

Edited to add: Just did a little digging and found that they came online 26 days ago, according to cubdomain.com/

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    edited July 31 #6
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    Nothing but a partisan hack. Screw him.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    If anyone thinks he was right or wrong does not matter.  He broke protocol and his oath.  He discussed a classified conversation with people that did not have a need to know.  Obviously for political reasons.  In my mind he should have quietly retired and went away. The other choice would have been courtmarshal.  
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    Pretty sure that is what is happening. As quiet as he can to save his retirement.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,779 Senior Member
    He’s just a stupid REMF nerd that thought his “strategy” should have trumped (pun intended) the President's and he got all butt hurt when he found out how little his opinion really matters.  

He was offered a high ranking job in Ukraine.  That by itself should have shown the world what he was up to and on who’s behalf he was operating.  This should landed him in jail for treason.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Time out.
    He isnt a REMF and I will take nothing from his service. He has a CIB and a "I forgot to duck" award. He had a larger opinion of his importance than his rank justified from spending to much time in Washington.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    Time out.
    He isnt a REMF and I will take nothing from his service. He has a CIB and a "I forgot to duck" award. He had a larger opinion of his importance than his rank justified from spending to much time in Washington.

Well, Kind Of.  When an Officer deploys, he is almost sure to come home with a CIB if he is Infantry or Special Forces and or assigned to a Unit.  Most do not go outside the wire, If the compound is attacked lets say my mortar fire and the Officer is there, his Command may and most often does award a CIB.
    While running for cover you fall skin your chin,  Purple Heart.  This guy was an analyst, so........
    However not being able to read his personnel record, he may have earned it, mostly likely his troops did while he stayed in a commo van on a compound.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,035 Senior Member
    No dog in this fight, but when I was in the Marine Corps, the Bronze Star with Valor device was considered the officers Good Conduct Medal for getting off the plane in Vietnam. And I truly mean no offense but I saw it with my own eyes.
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • AlleyCatAlleyCat Posts: 361 Member
    Damning with faint praise.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Either way. Manipulation of focus to validate or discredit based on service is not comprehensive. His testimony is either creditable based on and dependant upon the content of the testimony or it is not.

The nature of politics and what's it stake IMO gives some credibility to the story linked in the OP.. How much I guess depends on individual interpretation. It remains, again IMO far short of exoneration for Trump.
    he caught part of an IED from what I read
    No dog in this fight, but when I was in the Marine Corps, the Bronze Star with Valor device was considered the officers Good Conduct Medal for getting off the plane in Vietnam. And I truly mean no offense but I saw it with my own eyes.
    Not necessarily so------some of us just got to fly------and-------oh yeah-------I got to be the Group PX officer.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,779 Senior Member
    Time out.

Yep, and Buttigieg deployed to a battle zone according to his bio, even though he described himself as an armed Uber driver in the base.  Kerry had multiple Purple Hearts too IIRC.  One of them for a grain of rice imbedded in his ass?  He might not have been a REMF at some point in his career, But he played one on National TV recently.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

No doubt, Ned. Not all were "gimmes", and if I seemingly implied that, I didn't mean it that way.
    But, I served with many officers at the Division and Wing HQ level that wore Bronze Stars (most without a "V" device, in all transparency), and a couple admitted they didn't know why they got it. Much like I have no clue why I was promoted Meritoriously to Corporal and Sergeant in an MOS that had been "frozen" for years.

I worked for one Lt. Col. that said his Silver Star came when he killed a VC sapper on the wire at 100 meters with a 1911. He said the next day the guy had been raked with M-60 fire so many times  during the night there was no telling who hit him. But...he said the guy was wearing a white tee-shirt and his sight picture looked good in the dark. :)  Bingo, in the retelling.....Silver Star.

I served with a Captain who sported a Bronze Star with V who readily admitted that anytime the first rifle shot was fired he spent his time in the comm tent calling in air and arty.

I have a few more from the other side of the fence, but that's for another time, maybe.

Mike

N454casull
    And Varmintmist......I didn't mean to derail. Sorry...I'm out of this thread.

Mike
    N454casull
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,939 Senior Member
    My dad served during the tail end of WWII in the Philippines.  During one mission, he somehow managed to get a scratch from some plant that got infected.  He was sent back to back base by his platoon leader, and ended up on the field hospital.

While in the hospital, someone gave him an application for a purple heart.  He did not fee he had earned it, so did not fill it out.  I don't know if it would have been awarded to him, but thought I'd share.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    edited August 2 #22
    Jerry, remind me one day to tell you the story of Lance Corporal Mickey Reed, probably the only supporter (aside from my father) I had while joining the Marines.....although he did advise me I was "probably going to die". 

Mike
    N454casull
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,920 Senior Member
    I kinda figured he would end up in Iceland in charge of a motor pool...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"