Home Main Category Clubhouse

SOUTHEAST SHOOT

2»

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,669 Senior Member
    snake284 said:

And Noel I'd bet money that that early in October will not be that cool, 60-65 Degrees F, jn the South. October here in this part of Texas is much the same as it is in the deep South, not counting Florida. And here it doesn't get that cool usually unless there's a freak storm, until late October or early November. In fact, I'm so sure of that that I'll say you're Golden in October.
    Mike, believe it or not I'm not comfortable riding in 60-65 degrees. Not that I can't do it, but my whole body feels cold riding a motorcycle in that temperature range or colder. I've been acclimated to Florida weather and coming from NY it has changed my thermal tolerance to cold, especially on a bike. Besides that, I am concerned that I would be out of town during hurricane season. The last few years down here, it has been pretty active during September-November. Wife would freak out if I was out of town and a hurricane was coming our way. I'm going to Johnson City, TN next week, and to Maggie Valley, NC in July. I'm only off my leash a couple times during riding weather.

JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 733 Senior Member
    Well if it is any consolation to our shooters, Saturday was very hot and humid then around 7:30 PM we had big thunderstorms with lots of lightening so the bonfire would have been washed out.  Make-my-day and Mr. Jerry did ride the bikes both days but Jerry ended up with electrical system problems Saturday and Sunday he ran out of gas but they both seemed to have enjoyed the opportunity to ride together.

I missed getting to see all our friends and things are just now starting to open back up around here.  Alabama has been a bit slower than Tennessee on opening things but next week I can finally get my hair cut again, thank goodness because it is way too long and hot!  Y'all take care and see you in October Lord willing!  Cyber hugs till then, but be warned you will still get a hug when you come! ;)<3
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,760 Senior Member
    Hi Miss Marry!  Glad Jerry got to get out with Nolan for a bit of fresh air!  You are both in our prayers to keep you safe and healthy.  We'll see you this fall God willing!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    Looking forward to it, hope it is indeed in the 60s - that would be NICE!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    We are really looking forward to that hug
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Doves_IndefinitelyDoves_Indefinitely Posts: 126 Member
    jaywapti said:
    For anyone interested the Southeast Shoot will take place as usual.
     Miss Mary is still a member of this forum and I'm sure she will be along shortly to provide any information. 

Mods, it would be nice if you would place this at the top of discussions as a sticky as you have done in past years, thanks.

JAY
    The Southeast Shoot? Is it a big hunting event? Is it fun? Is it the most excitement one can have with one's pants on? Link please. 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    No link exists because "this is it!"
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    GunNut said:
    Hi Miss Marry!  Glad Jerry got to get out with Nolan (Noel) for a bit of fresh air!  You are both in our prayers to keep you safe and healthy.  We'll see you this fall God willing!
    Nolan....NO, Noel.....Yes

JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,760 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Hi Miss Marry!  Glad Jerry got to get out with Nolan (Noel) for a bit of fresh air!  You are both in our prayers to keep you safe and healthy.  We'll see you this fall God willing!
    Nolan....NO, Noel.....Yes

I know that... autocorrect and being in a hurry...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

I'm used to it. Nolan, Knowel, Knoll, Noll, Noelle are some of the ones I have gotten....LOL
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,927 Senior Member
    May I suggest you rethink your plans due to 'rona.  Instead of making this the annual SE shoot, make the the first annual SE shoot and protest.  ;)
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.