Home Main Category Clubhouse

Sockeye fishing

N454casullN454casull MemberPosts: 564 Senior Member
Just over 4hrs and a limit for the family and one for the guide! 

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    I knew I heard a dinner bell.....
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,916 Senior Member
    NIC .  Where were you fishing?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 564 Senior Member
    Upper Columbia River 
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,000 Senior Member
    Nice!!!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,628 Senior Member
    I can smell your smoker from here, good day for sure.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    Great trip, hey
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,795 Senior Member
    Good fishing!  Time to fire up the smoker!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,923 Senior Member
    Nice mess of fish!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    It was a good day, the guide is a young guy we know and is absolutely amazing. I took the whole family and he was super awesome with my boys had them jumping in the water and was making bets and talking trash with them the whole time. I haven’t laughed that hard in awhile. He was also super patient with them and explained everything and had them doing most stuff themselves. 

My youngest had a blast he’s a pretty high energy kid and so Bryce (the guide) made him the official bait checker and fish “Conker” it kept him occupied and having fun. We probably went thru way more shrimp than needed cause as the official bait checker he was in charge of if you needed a new bait and pretty much every time you did lol. 

It’s an amazing fishery and this year is exceptional the fish are stacked up! 

We gave some to friends and are having friends over for dinner tonight nothing like fresh whatever that you got yourself for dinner! 
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,397 Senior Member
    Good fun, good times, and a limit of fish! That's gonna be some fine eating while they last!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,916 Senior Member
    Use to fish the Columbia back in the late 70s. Awesome fish, crab, clams and everything good to eat
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    7 more today

Took the bowfishing deck off my boat and headed up. We looked kind of out of place trolling in between all the fancy salmon boats. The bite has slowed but it’s still going! 
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,856 Senior Member
    Outstanding! Grilled salmon please!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain