Home Main Category General Firearms

Stupid dang stupid CBI.

Elk creekElk creek Senior MemberPosts: 6,450 Senior Member
Stupid dang 3 day wait of CBI “insta” check! More to come, IN 3 DANG DAYS! 😉
Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,899 Senior Member
    It is happening down here also.  Gun Shop told me 2-8 hours for approval.  They have been running it and calling when they get the OK.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    It is happening down here also.  Gun Shop told me 2-8 hours for approval.  They have been running it and calling when they get the OK.
    Normally it’s about a 5 minute process by the time you get all the paperwork done you are cleared. The whole 3 day wait thing is annoying! 
    3 days gives me the feeling it is intentional.  Here taking several hours is annoying.  Purchasing a gun in the afternoon or evening means you get your gun in a day or two.  The sales volume is obvious though.  Day after day people are standing in line to go into gun stores, buying what is available instead of what they want.  
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    3 days gives me the feeling it is intentional.  Here taking several hours is annoying.  Purchasing a gun in the afternoon or evening means you get your gun in a day or two.  The sales volume is obvious though.  Day after day people are standing in line to go into gun stores, buying what is available instead of what they want.  
    Our governor is an idiot and trying to destroy our state. So, intentional? You bet!
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Waiting is our new state wide pass time here. Just try tp drive somewhere. Need an emissions test, drivers license, registration renewal, medical attention?

Can you hold please?

Waiting is our new state wide pass time here. Just try tp drive somewhere. Need an emissions test, drivers license, registration renewal, medical attention?

Can you hold please?

Prima numero dos por Espanol 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,759 Senior Member
    My state does not require a background check if you have a CCL so you get you gun as soon as you hand over the credit card. 😁
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Here you have to wait in line to hand over your card. After waiting in line to get there. Then wait in line to get home.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,248 Senior Member
    edited July 31 #10
    3 days?  You guys are cute.  Here in Cali it's 10 under normal circumstances, and the state is getting sued by our NRA affiliate right now for pulling a "due to demand and staff furloughs, we might take as long as 30" excuse.

Which, since under normal circumstances, we have a system in which you MUST wait ten, but have to pay another fee and wait another 10 if you don't take delivery INSIDE of 30 (because evidently they think you can't NOT do something criminal in a time span so large), I'm really not sure how they're working that.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,689 Senior Member
    Here I had to wait once a whole year to get an approval for a .22LR rifle (CZ-455FS) and while attending a gun owners protest ("Most peaceful, respectful and polite one we've ever watched over" said the cops of the anti-riots squad deployed in front of the building...they were amazed!) in front of the local "BATF" as a joke broke ranks, went inside and to my amazement it had been approved that same day (1-year duration since the day I presented the paperwork so it was already expired about a week before.... what's not to love about tropical bureaucy?) and when I went outside holding it in triumph all my friends hissed and booed me for the laughs of everyone.

Nowadays since the virus emergency they're not allowing more guns and ammo sales, nor allowing gun purchasers to retrieve them from State custody although they're issuing the permits.

Trading places anyone?  ;)
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,329 Senior Member
    The great state of wa decided you need a by check even if you have a ccl.
    A few months ago I was told I could pick up my new gun after I was cleared even though I had a loaded gun in my pocket at the time.😮
    That's all I got.

Paul
    edited August 3 #13
    Well an update on Florida
    We followed the storm north to Ormond Beach seeing our trip to Europe is canceled again.
    Anyways. Checked a couple shops nearby. They are all packed, checks take up to 24 business hours or 3 days.  I have a CCW and UPin which is supposed to take 30 seconds to come back  Nobody has any of the guns I am shopping for so didn't test the timing
    Guess it is crazy everywhere
    Diver43 said:
    Well an update on Florida
    We followed the storm north to Ormond Beach seeing our trip to Europe is canceled again.
    Anyways. Checked a couple shops nearby. They are all packed, checks take up to 24 business hours or 3 days.  I have a CCW and UPin which is supposed to take 30 seconds to come back  Nobody has any of the guns I am shopping for so didn't test the timing
    Guess it is crazy everywhere
    Yep now Ammo is gone too
    Brother ammo shelves have been empty down here since all the crap started
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,024 Senior Member
    edited August 4 #16
    Specialty Sports in Colorado Springs is likely, if not, the largest firearms dealer in the state. It's a big store and they have a parking lot you could run a half dozen head of cattle on. It's about 200 yards from my workplace, and I pass it during their business hours at  least once a day. It usually has 2, maybe 3 cars in the lot.

Since mid-April, by mid afternoon, if it has an empty parking spot I've yet to see it. This is crazier than the original Obama scare.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,727 Senior Member
    My schedule has prevented me from haunting local shops as often as usual, but when I did go they were pretty bare. When I bought my Glock 34 the BG check took a few days, apparently due to a huge surge in requests.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,724 Senior Member
    All sold out at my LGS.  A few long guns, no handguns.  I've spent my gun budget so it doesn't matter anyway.  I guess. Don't know about ammo; suspect it's kinda limited.  I only buy .32 acp and .380, which I don't reload.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,759 Senior Member
    All the big stores around here are nothing but empty shelves.  I’m sure folks are buying ammo even for guns they don’t own only to re-sell online at a profit.  Lots of ammo listings by private individuals on Armslist.  I hate people like that and I hope, just like the .22 craze, that they end up choking on a bunch of over priced ammo they cant use later on...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JaphyJaphy Posts: 64 Member
    Made a recent purchase here in AZ
    at Cabelas after completing the application on a touch screen laptop it took exactly 28 seconds!!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    edited August 8 #21
    If you have a carry permit you don't need a back ground check, at least not in Texas, because they did that when you applied for your permit. The store just looks at my carry permit and records the number on it. Done Deal.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,805 Senior Member
    it's just sheer volume.  When I left work there were nearly 3k in que to get a check.  Been that way since the riots started.  Before that it was the normal 10 minutes
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,620 Senior Member
    it's just sheer volume.  When I left work there were nearly 3k in que to get a check.  Been that way since the riots started.  Before that it was the normal 10 minutes
    What are the vendors telling your employer about future ammo shipments to stores.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11