Home Main Category Clubhouse

Back into level 3 lockdown........

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 8,108 Senior Member
Just got a text from the Govt saying that the city goes into full lockdown at midday tomorrow due to 5 cases of community transmission.and that the rest of the country goes into level 2 lockdown.

Just cancelled the 3 charters we had booked for the next 3 days.......Freezer isnt yet stocked back up with venison etc, went hunting on sunday and although I saw 3 deer, it was just on dusk and I couldnt be sure of a shot so I didnt take one. Did have to put a horse down for the farmer though using the 222.
I am getting tired of this crap!
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,249 Senior Member
    My wife and I haven't been to a sit-down restaurant together since March.  Coworkers and I frequently debate the merits of drive-through vs. those places with outdoor seating.  Been ordering most of the groceries online and picking up at the back dock.  Weekends pretty much involve Netflix and a lot of thumb-twiddling.

Masks essentially a full time thing outside the home.  My wife has sewed up some fun ones at least.  In a moment of boredom, we did an online search and found a collection of fabrics depicting all the plagues of Egypt.  I've cycled through blood, darkness, gnats, boils, and locusts so far.  Still have hail, lice, frogs, and the skeletons of firstborn to go through. 

Modified visits with the retired parents sucks.  Still go shooting with Dad, and we're looking forward to the hunting season in October, but all the contact has been getting tweaked based on likelihood of my recent exposure to someone's cooties while I'm out in the world.

I hear ya.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 776 Senior Member
    Crazy how totalitarianism varies state to state/ country to country. Here in Washington County, Utah, it's pretty much business as usual. Not sure about the northern part of the state. 
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    edited August 11 #4
    When my son was just a wee shaver. He had this ridiculous movie about a comic book hero called The Hulk. It has a scene where Sam Elliot yells out I SAID LOCKDOWN!

I used to yell that at my son periodically as a kind of a game between us.

Wouldn't have the same ring to it with an added level three in the phrase........
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    These fools think they can control this - they can't.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,760 Senior Member
    We just regressed a few notches because damn NY and NJ tourists brought a new wave during the beginning of the Summer.  Many restaurants are back to only take-out or outside dining (it’s a million degrees with 130% humidity outside!)...

Freaking NE Assholes....
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,119 Senior Member
    They are leaving NYC like rats leaving a sinking ship.....
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    Don't forget the holier than thou Canadians that run south every winter or when something happens they don't like
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,914 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Don't forget the holier than thou Canadians that run south every winter or when something happens they don't like
    Canada is closed to American citizens for all intents and purposes...are Canadians allowed unrestricted access to the U.S. ?

I haven't seen a car with Canadian plates yet this year and that's something we see all the time, especially in the U.P....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,760 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Diver43 said:
    Canada is closed to American citizens for all intents and purposes...are Canadians allowed unrestricted access to the U.S. ?

I haven't seen a car with Canadian plates yet this year and that's something we see all the time, especially in the U.P....
    According to one of my Canadian buddies he can come down no problem.  Going back home is a HUGE problem...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JaphyJaphy Posts: 65 Member
    In AZ reported cases are dropping rapidly from over 3000+ per day reported a month ago to 300 yesterday in Phoenix metro area which is about 3/4 of the state population.

shooting ranges are essential services in AZ, along with golf if anyone likes to golf in 115 degrees?
    But! we do have several indoor air conditioned ranges!

the longer areas are locked down the more prolonged the covid fiasco. most Dem states will likely keep everything locked up until after the election.  The drop in AZ cases started weeks before restrictions on restaurants, bars, and masks being required about the only reasonable explanation is once a significant number of people are exposed and recovered the spread slows

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Diver43 said:

There are a bunch in Hollywood, Fl.
    They own condos and houses so are not stopped
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 776 Senior Member
    edited August 11 #13
    They are leaving NYC like rats leaving a sinking ship.....
    California too. There's so many refugees coming to S. Utah that there are bidding wars on new places. Finding a place to rent is nearly impossible right now. Most I have talked to are conservative working class types. Fine by me. We need the votes. Most are good people. One question I get, however, is if we still have 3.2 and Zion Curtains. LOL!!!!
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,419 Senior Member
    SF and Silicon valley tech workers are leaving in droves.  They've been told that working from home will be in their future.  Houses in Sacramento area and East are selling in one day (cash) as they move from the south bay and SF bay areas.

Going to be a major change soon that's going to leave, IMHO, major cities looking like the industrial exodus of the 70-80's

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Orchidman, hate to hear that the stupidity  is on the increase again. Hope it lets up soon so the fishing charters and hunting aren't catastrophically affected. Hang in there, friend!

As to Canadians entering the U.S. I see a lot of them on I-75 going South to Florida. I notice them because they are in the left lane going 5 mph below the speed limit. Got an air horn for the Dodge truck to wake them up and get them to move over. Running up on those clowns at 85mph and laying down on the air horn seems to wake them up pretty good! :D Still lots of NY, NJ, Conn., R.I., ME, MI, OH, and other NE state cars going South, too. And bringing that creeping crud with them. Veritable herds of Typhoid Marys heading South on any given day. And lots of them pulling 5th wheel campers with inadequate pickup trucks; accidents looking for a place to happen.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,621 Senior Member
    edited August 12 #16
    Time to break out the lemonade stand Orchidman, still have not seen any jogger pics posted up yet o:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,070 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Time to break out the lemonade stand Orchidman, still have not seen any jogger pics posted up yet o:)
    THIS ^^^

<3  o:)>:)B)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,108 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

Its the middle of winter and bloody cold. I aint going to go sit outside in the rain on the off chance of eye candy :D
    orchidman said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

Its the middle of winter and bloody cold. I aint going to go sit outside in the rain on the off chance of eye candy :D
    So get a big market free standing umbrella and a portable propane heater. Set up a hot chocolate stand. Invite them inside to warm up by the fire.  >:)  ;)
    ― Douglas Adams
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,108 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    orchidman said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

So get a big market free standing umbrella and a portable propane heater. Set up a hot chocolate stand. Invite them inside to warm up by the fire.  >:)  ;)

That is an idea...........but I need a good wingman cos they mostly travel in pairs. and having spent time with you, I figure you would be the best candidate to run interference......Hurry up and get over here my friend.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,621 Senior Member
    orchidman said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

Forgot about the space/time continuim thingy, it is hot and humid here, lemonade stand weather for sure, you're still not off the hook for the neighborhood workout videos :)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    orchidman said:

That is an idea...........but I need a good wingman cos they mostly travel in pairs. and having spent time with you, I figure you would be the best candidate to run interference......Hurry up and get over here my friend.
    I wish I could. That would be some fun for sure! I could turn on the Southern boy country charm and  have them giggling like blushing school girls. :D
    ― Douglas Adams