Home Main Category Clubhouse

Favorite Kid's Movies / TV Shows

BigslugBigslug Senior MemberPosts: 8,262 Senior Member
Whether you enjoyed it while small, enjoyed watching it with your kids, or are scraping the bottom of the barrel for something to do during the COVID-19 pandemic, what have you liked?

I just rediscovered the 1985 sci-fi movie Explorers on Amazon, starring a young Ethan Hawke & RIver Phoenix.  Aliens send blueprints for building a fast-travelling force-field bubble to a group of friends in one of their dreams, and they integrate it into a spaceship made of junkyard scrap.  Good 12-Y.O. fun.

My wife discovered the cartoon Bunnicula on Boomerang.  Adventures of a carrot-sucking vampire rabbit and his domestic cat & dog pals.  Since Sean Astin is voicing the cat, there have been more than a couple Lord of the Rings references snuck in.  Pretty good, as ten-minute shorts go.
WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    I uses to watch Curious George with my son when he was little. He's 15 now. We actually watch the evening news and together and pick it apart. Best comedy on tv. We also watch cooking shows and critique them :D ..

I liked the Twighlight Zone when I was young.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,635 Senior Member
    Gumball, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Chowder, Bobs Burgers, Simpson's, first season of SpongeBob, first couple seasons of Ben10, original Land of the Lost, Johnny Quest, original Tom and Jerry. Apparently the kids have been watching Archer :#
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,153 Senior Member
    My 12 year old has decided that he is going to watch all 30-something seasons of “The Simpsons”

Man, that first season was awesome
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    Does Gunsmoke count?  It's still a great watch, and my 7 year old grandson likes it.

He and I sometimes watch Gilligan's Isle or The Dukes of Hazard together.  However, I can only take so much of those.  The Apple Dumpling Gang is pretty good, as it's hard NOT to enjoy something with Tim Conway and Don Knotts in cahoots with each other.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Johnny Quest.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    You guys ever get a chance to watch the movie "UP," I highly recommend it. Maybe the best  kid movie I've ever seen.