Home Main Category Hunting

Ready for hunting season

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,260 Senior Member
Put new batteries in all seven feeders.  Had to replace one motor and one controller in two different feeders.  All of them are filled with five bags of corn and one bag of Record Rack protein mixed in between the bags of corn.  I've mowed all of the food plots though I won't plant them.  My cows eat the green shoots as soon as they break the ground.  I've weed wacked around all of the blinds and feeders.  I filled both gravity protein feeders with Record Rack protein.  Tomorrow after church I'll replace a few cameras that are broken, put new batteries in all the cameras and the SD card.

I'll give it a week before I start checking cameras to see what I'm seeing.   Now it's just a waiting game until Oct.

Glad it's done and done before Labor Day! 
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,841 Senior Member
    Good luck. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,841 Senior Member
    We did a deer survey on my friend’s place yesterday. See what the biologists says should be taken. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,881 Senior Member
    I hope you find what you are looking for!

Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,260 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    We did a deer survey on my friend’s place yesterday. See what the biologists says should be taken. 
    We do the same thing each year.  My neighbors and I will turn in our game cam pics to our local game biologist the middle or later part of Sept. It always gives us a good idea of the shooters.  Interestingly, the last three years someone has taken a nice buck that has never been on anyone's camera.  The rut can really make them move, or should I say the ladies in heat!   
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,501 Senior Member
    While living in Louisiana, at one point I was a member of 3 different deer leases concurrently. Starting in late July until whenever, the mandatory work-days were relentless. Opening day on the stand was a great chance to catch up on lost sleep.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull