Home Main Category General Firearms

Hey everyone...I have not been on much but I will soon!

Sorry everyone. I joined and then a disaster happened! A tree fell on my car (totaled it) and I have been dealing with private sellers who are shady, deceitful, don't want me to inspect the car (not going to happen!) and just most of them failing to list dents, and visuals.... If you have a camera, and you are selling a car,you should list the good and bad. (right?) I am finding out about the bad the hard way!

I will be taking my intro to firearms class and I will be on more, likely asking newbie firearms questions! Thanks for letting me join. :)

Replies

• bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,591 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard!
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your car. Glad you weren't hurt.
  • TwinkleTwinkle Posts: 174 Member
    Sorry everyone. I joined and then a disaster happened! A tree fell on my car (totaled it) and I have been dealing with private sellers who are shady, deceitful, don't want me to inspect the car (not going to happen!) and just most of them failing to list dents, and visuals.... If you have a camera, and you are selling a car,you should list the good and bad. (right?) I am finding out about the bad the hard way!

I will be taking my intro to firearms class and I will be on more, likely asking newbie firearms questions! Thanks for letting me join. :)
    This is a good place to be asking those newbie questions.  These people are so helpful!

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Good luck and welcome back.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,766 Senior Member
    May 2020 wasn't the worst month of my life, but it ranked way up there. I know (and we all do) how it sometimes goes.

Good to have you back. Pull up a chair whenever you have a minute.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,160 Senior Member
    welcome aboard
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,426 Senior Member
    This is a great website and all levels are welcome. Some folks make it simple others write technical manual, everything you'll need!
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,263 Senior Member
    Welcome back. sorry to hear about your car, but you will work that out.  Enjoy your training, let us know how it goes
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ProtectMyself_NoFearProtectMyself_NoFear Posts: 14 New Member
    Hey everyone! I will be taking an 8 hour class that the instructor says includes everything I need to know and it also includes CWP! This is not until November, they are so "backed up" with people wanting training! I can't wait to take that class and feel some sense of feeling safe, as I believe all heck is going to break loose on November 3rd! 
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 2,040 Senior Member
    Welcome and good luck!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,746 Senior Member
    Welcome back.
    Sorry to hear about the car, life happens that way sometimes but don't skip the training. You'll just have to find a way to push through all the hurdles, I'm sure you can do it.
    Anyway, looking forward to hearing more about... Well, the car situation and the upcoming firearms training. As suggested, watch a few gun safety videos online. These videos will help you get the most out of your class training by helping you bring up any unresolved questions you might have. Definitely watch at least one video about your local laws and bring those questions to class also.
    It's been mentioned before, at some point in the future you should spend an hour with a local attorney who specializes in this area.

Again, welcome back. Glad to hear you haven't disappeared off the grid forever. 👍
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,426 Senior Member
    A question for our fellow members on the OPs behalf, do you know of any good firearms safety videos he/she could watch? I'd never trust You Tube for a newbie. 
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,746 Senior Member
    edited October 2020 #15
    knitepoet said:
    Freezer said:
    A question for our fellow members on the OPs behalf, do you know of any good firearms safety videos he/she could watch? I'd never trust You Tube for a newbie. 
    NOT Tex Grebner aka mister, "I just "freaking" shot myself"
    What are you talking about? Tex is a perfect example of why the safety rules exist in the first place. Much can be learned from that level of stupid.
     :D 

Just do a search for NRA Gun Safety Video on YouTube and you'll find several good videos. It's useful to help you bring up good insightful questions in your own class.

https://www.nrafamily.org/articles/2019/10/2/video-nras-gun-safety-tips-for-new-shooters/

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,092 Senior Member
    Yep - and Tex himself would be the first person to agree! Which is why he posted it in the first place. But don't miss the "Operatic" version!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(