Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Kyle Rittenhouse

2

Replies

  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 481 Member
    Early, I also feel you're more empathetic than I. Besides my immediate family I only have empathy for kids and animals and my German shepherds still piss me off sometimes.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,481 Senior Member
    And who defended the property well he was being assailed in the street and hauled off to jail?

    The entire premise is as empty as the notion that some imaginary point was scored against the ever present those people. Fabled in story, song, and legend as the enemies of all that is good......

    In reality a young man's life hangs in the balance. Someone else is dead. And fodder for political spin defies reason.

    A better outcome would have been achieved on a discussion board.
    I know it’s hard to grasp but not everything is spin.  I just read that the property he was defending belonged to his family.  There is VERY little info out there about him and the why.  But the fact is that this incident is VERY real...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,754 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    And who defended the property well he was being assailed in the street and hauled off to jail?

    The entire premise is as empty as the notion that some imaginary point was scored against the ever present those people. Fabled in story, song, and legend as the enemies of all that is good......

    In reality a young man's life hangs in the balance. Someone else is dead. And fodder for political spin defies reason.

    A better outcome would have been achieved on a discussion board.
    I know it’s hard to grasp but not everything is spin.  I just read that the property he was defending belonged to his family.  There is VERY little info out there about him and the why.  But the fact is that this incident is VERY real...
    Actually it is spin.  The Left, the media, BLM, and the sheeple are spinning this into a story about a white kid looking for an excuse to shoot black people.  Hence Murder One being the charge.
    Was he under age? From what I understand, Yes.  Should a person under 18/21 be in the position of an armed guard?  I don't think so.  They for some reason refuse to state any facts of the who and why. From first reports he was helping defend a family car dealership. Cars on the lot were spray painted, windows smashed and some burned.  The Media currently is doing it best to destroy our Country.  It all eventually comes down to Trumps fault. 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,138 Senior Member
    The Army had an M16 in my hands at 17 so........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 706 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    The Army had an M16 in my hands at 17 so........
    Same. Dad gave me two choices - Get the hell out of the house or, ... I'll sign the papers and you can go in the military." Best thing that ever happened to me. 
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,849 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    The Army had an M16 in my hands at 17 so........
    Me too...but we had adult supervision
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 481 Member
    How much adult supervision can the federal government be 😆
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Diver43 nailed it down.

    Fear and hatred cloud good judgement. Its been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. The video is more powerful than the rifle.

    This should guide the would be defenders. The internet reaches at least as far as the tv screen if not farther.

    I don't want lawless destruction. I work for a living. Ending it would be better than using it.
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 706 Senior Member


    I don't want lawless destruction. I work for a living. Ending it would be better than using it.
    But lawless destruction is exactly what we're getting. It is spreading like a cancer. 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,481 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:
    And who defended the property well he was being assailed in the street and hauled off to jail?

    The entire premise is as empty as the notion that some imaginary point was scored against the ever present those people. Fabled in story, song, and legend as the enemies of all that is good......

    In reality a young man's life hangs in the balance. Someone else is dead. And fodder for political spin defies reason.

    A better outcome would have been achieved on a discussion board.
    I know it’s hard to grasp but not everything is spin.  I just read that the property he was defending belonged to his family.  There is VERY little info out there about him and the why.  But the fact is that this incident is VERY real...
    Actually it is spin.  The Left, the media, BLM, and the sheeple are spinning this into a story about a white kid looking for an excuse to shoot black people.  Hence Murder One being the charge.
    Was he under age? From what I understand, Yes.  Should a person under 18/21 be in the position of an armed guard?  I don't think so.  They for some reason refuse to state any facts of the who and why. From first reports he was helping defend a family car dealership. Cars on the lot were spray painted, windows smashed and some burned.  The Media currently is doing it best to destroy our Country.  It all eventually comes down to Trumps fault. 
    If it was my business and my 17 year old wanted to stand by me and help defend it I’d be proud of him, and if I thought he could handle himself I’d let him.  If this is indeed the family business I’ll be donating money to his defense fund.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 706 Senior Member
    How much adult supervision can the federal government be 😆
    Haha!!! 17 years old and I still remember the beer vending machines in the barracks!!! The "adults" were right there with us!!!!
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 481 Member


    I don't want lawless destruction. I work for a living. Ending it would be better than using it.
    But lawless destruction is exactly what we're getting. It is spreading like a cancer. 
    Yep. And sometimes you have to demolish a building to stop a fire. America is showing these punks that we aren't putting up with their crap anymore. All it takes is a few Kyle's to set the wheels in motion.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,481 Senior Member
    Diver43 nailed it down.

    Fear and hatred cloud good judgement. Its been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. The video is more powerful than the rifle.

    This should guide the would be defenders. The internet reaches at least as far as the tv screen if not farther.

    I don't want lawless destruction. I work for a living. Ending it would be better than using it.
    You should put that on a nice card and send it to the dead guys, see what they think of your deep thoughts.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,754 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    The Army had an M16 in my hands at 17 so........
    Yes, me also.  I still couldnt legally get a job as an armed guard
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,754 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:
    And who defended the property well he was being assailed in the street and hauled off to jail?

    The entire premise is as empty as the notion that some imaginary point was scored against the ever present those people. Fabled in story, song, and legend as the enemies of all that is good......

    In reality a young man's life hangs in the balance. Someone else is dead. And fodder for political spin defies reason.

    A better outcome would have been achieved on a discussion board.
    I know it’s hard to grasp but not everything is spin.  I just read that the property he was defending belonged to his family.  There is VERY little info out there about him and the why.  But the fact is that this incident is VERY real...
    Actually it is spin.  The Left, the media, BLM, and the sheeple are spinning this into a story about a white kid looking for an excuse to shoot black people.  Hence Murder One being the charge.
    Was he under age? From what I understand, Yes.  Should a person under 18/21 be in the position of an armed guard?  I don't think so.  They for some reason refuse to state any facts of the who and why. From first reports he was helping defend a family car dealership. Cars on the lot were spray painted, windows smashed and some burned.  The Media currently is doing it best to destroy our Country.  It all eventually comes down to Trumps fault. 
    If it was my business and my 17 year old wanted to stand by me and help defend it I’d be proud of him, and if I thought he could handle himself I’d let him.  If this is indeed the family business I’ll be donating money to his defense fund.
    While I agree 100% from reports made public he actually lived in and brought the rifle from another state to help family.  It will all come out in the trial.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 706 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:
    Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:
    And who defended the property well he was being assailed in the street and hauled off to jail?

    The entire premise is as empty as the notion that some imaginary point was scored against the ever present those people. Fabled in story, song, and legend as the enemies of all that is good......

    In reality a young man's life hangs in the balance. Someone else is dead. And fodder for political spin defies reason.

    A better outcome would have been achieved on a discussion board.
    I know it’s hard to grasp but not everything is spin.  I just read that the property he was defending belonged to his family.  There is VERY little info out there about him and the why.  But the fact is that this incident is VERY real...
    Actually it is spin.  The Left, the media, BLM, and the sheeple are spinning this into a story about a white kid looking for an excuse to shoot black people.  Hence Murder One being the charge.
    Was he under age? From what I understand, Yes.  Should a person under 18/21 be in the position of an armed guard?  I don't think so.  They for some reason refuse to state any facts of the who and why. From first reports he was helping defend a family car dealership. Cars on the lot were spray painted, windows smashed and some burned.  The Media currently is doing it best to destroy our Country.  It all eventually comes down to Trumps fault. 
    If it was my business and my 17 year old wanted to stand by me and help defend it I’d be proud of him, and if I thought he could handle himself I’d let him.  If this is indeed the family business I’ll be donating money to his defense fund.
    While I agree 100% from reports made public he actually lived in and brought the rifle from another state to help family.  It will all come out in the trial.
    The Green Mountain Boys did the same if I remember my history correctly. 
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Diver43 nailed it down.

    Fear and hatred cloud good judgement. Its been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. The video is more powerful than the rifle.

    This should guide the would be defenders. The internet reaches at least as far as the tv screen if not farther.

    I don't want lawless destruction. I work for a living. Ending it would be better than using it.
    You should put that on a nice card and send it to the dead guys, see what they think of your deep thoughts.
    Fear and hatred cloud good judgement. 

    The power of the bullet has ended in that example except for the ripple of that loss. And the consequences for the act. The property defender was subsequently rendered useless to his task. 

    Meanwhile.
    An entire countless population is being influenced by video. One post likened it to the spread of cancer.

    Cameras can be operated remotely. Rifles need hands on operation.

    Nothing deep about it.




  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 706 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Diver43 nailed it down.

    Fear and hatred cloud good judgement. Its been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. The video is more powerful than the rifle.

    This should guide the would be defenders. The internet reaches at least as far as the tv screen if not farther.

    I don't want lawless destruction. I work for a living. Ending it would be better than using it.
    You should put that on a nice card and send it to the dead guys, see what they think of your deep thoughts.
    Fear and hatred cloud good judgement. 

    The power of the bullet has ended in that example except for the ripple of that loss. And the consequences for the act. The property defender was subsequently rendered useless to his task. 

    Meanwhile.
    An entire countless population is being influenced by video. One post likened it to the spread of cancer.

    Cameras can be operated remotely. Rifles need hands on operation.

    Nothing deep about it.




    Early, why don't you quit beating around the bush and just admit you support these rioters and insurrectionists? It's perfectly clear you don't support the 2A and are just here to troll.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,481 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Diver43 nailed it down.

    Fear and hatred cloud good judgement. Its been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. The video is more powerful than the rifle.

    This should guide the would be defenders. The internet reaches at least as far as the tv screen if not farther.

    I don't want lawless destruction. I work for a living. Ending it would be better than using it.
    You should put that on a nice card and send it to the dead guys, see what they think of your deep thoughts.
    Fear and hatred cloud good judgement. 

    The power of the bullet has ended in that example except for the ripple of that loss. And the consequences for the act. The property defender was subsequently rendered useless to his task. 

    Meanwhile.
    An entire countless population is being influenced by video. One post likened it to the spread of cancer.

    Cameras can be operated remotely. Rifles need hands on operation.

    Nothing deep about it.




    Maybe I'm simple minded but I really have gone well past the point where I can make any sense of your posts.  If you prefer cameras to guns I hope your iPhone is fully charged when you meet a hoard of anarchists trying to do you and your property harm.  I'll keep my AR handy.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,754 Senior Member
    I am going to go out on a limb here and in Early's defense, I think he means more like a camera can see and record a crime like throwing rocks at people, shooting people, burning buildings, looting, etc, and later the bad guy can be identified and arrested later.  Which is correct.  But what these morons are doing today is breaking in, looting and burning the same places over and over again to where the store owner is unable to get insurance anymore.  A one time thing a camera may help, in court video will help for sure, but when the same crowd does the same thing over and over again and local law enforcement wont, can not, or is ordered to not do anything and the politicians tel the feds to stay out, well hells bells, what is a person to do?  
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,481 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    I am going to go out on a limb here and in Early's defense, I think he means more like a camera can see and record a crime like throwing rocks at people, shooting people, burning buildings, looting, etc, and later the bad guy can be identified and arrested later.  Which is correct.  But what these morons are doing today is breaking in, looting and burning the same places over and over again to where the store owner is unable to get insurance anymore.  A one time thing a camera may help, in court video will help for sure, but when the same crowd does the same thing over and over again and local law enforcement wont, can not, or is ordered to not do anything and the politicians tel the feds to stay out, well hells bells, what is a person to do?  
    They do this because they are operating in an environment where the police and the business and home owners are handcuffed but the thugs are not.  In my state forcible (or even attempted forcible) entry into private property is one of the green lights for use of deadly force.  It's actually spelled out in the statutes.  You CAN pull a BIDEN and shoot through the door/glass.  Guess how many businesses are looted here?

    Cameras are great if you are looking to document something.  Weapons protect...  I have no time/patience for philosophical discourse.  As has been said this could go in a million different directions and when all the facts are out this kid could just as easily become the poster child for the growing resistance to the insurrection.  We shall see..

    Article III Section 3 of our Constitution spells out:

    Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

    The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

    This looks like levying war against the states to me:



    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,849 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Diver43 nailed it down.

    Fear and hatred cloud good judgement. Its been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. The video is more powerful than the rifle.

    This should guide the would be defenders. The internet reaches at least as far as the tv screen if not farther.

    I don't want lawless destruction. I work for a living. Ending it would be better than using it.
    You should put that on a nice card and send it to the dead guys, see what they think of your deep thoughts.
    Fear and hatred cloud good judgement. 

    The power of the bullet has ended in that example except for the ripple of that loss. And the consequences for the act. The property defender was subsequently rendered useless to his task. 

    Meanwhile.
    An entire countless population is being influenced by video. One post likened it to the spread of cancer.

    Cameras can be operated remotely. Rifles need hands on operation.

    Nothing deep about it.




    Early, why don't you quit beating around the bush and just admit you support these rioters and insurrectionists? It's perfectly clear you don't support the 2A and are just here to troll.
    In the interest of keeping things civil...I'm going to call a pause here...Accusing someone of trolling because you disagree with them isn't going to fly.
    It's entirely possible to discuss and disagree in a civil manner...

    Any more of this and I will shut this thread down
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,337 Senior Member
    17 and under year olds have fought in every war since the Revolutionary War. They also fought off Indian raids all over the country as we expanded, and even before the Revolutionary War. A trained 17 year old is good to go as far as I'm concerned. And there have been fairly recent incidents of even younger folk using firearms to ward off, and shoot, home invaders. They were trained by adult family members on safe handling of firearms. Training is key. 

    Maybe no one noticed in the stills and video, but Kyle was showing good trigger discipline as he was trying to escape the mob. That is trained behavior. He was attacked by three felons, and came out on top of that situation; good outcome any way you look at it. He was in the middle of a pretty extreme adrenaline rush, but controlled his fire to one shot per person and didn't spray the crowd, only shooting those attacking him and trying to disarm him so they could easier kill him. Excellent control of his emotions in the middle of an adrenaline dump; he only took out the immediate threats to his life. Anybody believing otherwise needs to clean the mold out of their crack pipe.
    L
    And anyone, ANYONE, has the right to walk down the street without being attacked by feral humans bent on killing them. If they have to be shot to learn that, then so be it. Laws are supposed to protect the innocent AND the guilty from vigilante justice, and the Left is screaming for vigilante justice at every turn when one of theirs pays the price for their misdeeds, and attack the victim with hate at every turn. For the Left, facts don't matter; it's all about the feels and unrestrained emotions and pushing an agenda.

    The Police are fine if they allowed to do their job and you can hold off the animals until the Police arrive. Until then you are your own first responder and should act as such. If you aren't prepared to do so, then it sucks to be you. Personally, MY life is much more important to me than some scumbag I don't know from Adam's housecat trying to kill me. If they broke down my locked door, then I will assume they aren't there for tea and crumpets, and respond accordingly. And if that happened to me in my state, then they are bought and paid for.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • AlleyCatAlleyCat Posts: 360 Member
    Jayhawker said:
    ...When I'm king I'll fix that..


    I feel with Buffy giving up his claim, Scotland could be yours.



  • AlleyCatAlleyCat Posts: 360 Member
    knitepoet said:
    JerryBobCo said:
    Early, do you just take delight on pissing on people?  You're damn good at it.

    Try posting something positive every now and then.
    I guess he's decided to fill alpha's former role.
    Didn't work out that well for him

    ...... ends in hat.
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 481 Member
    I will add that I dont think Early is trolling. Hes always been polite here on the forum everytime I've come across him posting. I am confused by his latest views and opinions though. I feel that they've either abruptly changed or else I have him confused with another person.
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 650 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:
    Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:
    And who defended the property well he was being assailed in the street and hauled off to jail?

    The entire premise is as empty as the notion that some imaginary point was scored against the ever present those people. Fabled in story, song, and legend as the enemies of all that is good......

    In reality a young man's life hangs in the balance. Someone else is dead. And fodder for political spin defies reason.

    A better outcome would have been achieved on a discussion board.
    I know it’s hard to grasp but not everything is spin.  I just read that the property he was defending belonged to his family.  There is VERY little info out there about him and the why.  But the fact is that this incident is VERY real...
    Actually it is spin.  The Left, the media, BLM, and the sheeple are spinning this into a story about a white kid looking for an excuse to shoot black people.  Hence Murder One being the charge.
    Was he under age? From what I understand, Yes.  Should a person under 18/21 be in the position of an armed guard?  I don't think so.  They for some reason refuse to state any facts of the who and why. From first reports he was helping defend a family car dealership. Cars on the lot were spray painted, windows smashed and some burned.  The Media currently is doing it best to destroy our Country.  It all eventually comes down to Trumps fault. 
    If it was my business and my 17 year old wanted to stand by me and help defend it I’d be proud of him, and if I thought he could handle himself I’d let him.  If this is indeed the family business I’ll be donating money to his defense fund.
    While I agree 100% from reports made public he actually lived in and brought the rifle from another state to help family.  It will all come out in the trial.

    According to the news the rifle did not come from another state. While he may live in another state he worked in Kenosha. It may all come out in the trial but so far everything I have seen points to self defense.

    I recall the MSM making a big deal of Kyle not living in Kenosha but I do not recall the MSM making a big deal of Mr Huber not living in Kenosha. I wonder
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,481 Senior Member
    Funny enough I just heard that 100 out of 175 arrested during an incident were from out of town... 
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement