Home Main Category Clubhouse

In Need Of A New Belt

1hogfan831hogfan83 MemberPosts: 337 Member
I seem to have lost my belt while I was staying in the hospital and PT/Home Recovery. I searched high and low and can’t find it for the life of me.  I loved that belt, double stitched, roller buckle, double layered, just perfect!  Well now I need a new one.  I’m looking for a suggestion for brands.  Same style as before, no exotic ostrich snake rhino Martian skin.  No plastic liner or hidden money pouches.  I like the kind you can hold with your hand on one side and the whole belt keeps an almost perfect circle.  Thanks for the help fellows!!  I know when I get my new one in the mail I’ll trip over the old one!!!!!  
"Well he shoulda armed him self" William Munney-Unforgiven"
"You believe there is one God, that is good, even the demons believe and shudder in fear" James 2:19

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,251 Senior Member
    Gun belt or plain old belt?

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • 1hogfan831hogfan83 Member Posts: 337 Member
    My last belt could be used as a gun belt but I don’t know what the definition of a true “Gun Belt” might be in a classic sense.  So far what I’ve found from custom leather sites is a double layer of leather stitched together on top and bottom with or with out glue also.  The double layer would be comfortable, durable, and add strength.  All while looking like a basic belt.  
    "You believe there is one God, that is good, even the demons believe and shudder in fear" James 2:19
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,143 Senior Member
    I have been wearing a Ranger Style belt for 4-5 years now and have no plans to replace it.
    It works well when carrying also
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,251 Senior Member
    I've got a Galco leather "gun belt" (for lack of a better term.). $80 15 years ago. You'll never wear it out  Ever. Great with EDC, great with jeans when not. Not the best pick for dress slacks, but doable if you're not too fastidious about fashion.

Oh....did I mention you'll never wear it out? Takes a couple months to break in, but then it's like a second skin.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    I didn’t even think of Galco, I know I like their holsters.  I’m gonna wear it with everything.  I suffer from “Nobuttiduss” so I need a belt with anything with loops.  That’s why I don’t mind spending money on belts.  After 2.5 years my lost belt looked Like it hadn’t ever been buckled!  That’s when I’d never put a drop of any kind oil or care in it!  That’s why I don’t mind spending money on shoes, knives, and belts!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,089 Senior Member
    Look at Ross Leather double thick gun belt...mine is still doing the job after 13 years of daily use...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,913 Senior Member
    edited September 2020 #8
    +1 for a ranger belt. I wear a 2” Bianchi basketweave Ranger belt. Have had it for over 10 years, fits like it was custom made and has at least 10 more years left in it.

And it’s like a combination lock to all the women who want to get in my pants....🤪🤣

A lot of lawmen in Texas wear them. Made by inmates in Texas prisons. 

Eta - It’s hard to get sexier than a 1911 in an El Paso Saddlery holster and double mag pouch on a ranger belt... 

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/bianchi-b4-ranger-belt-basket-tan-brass-12109.html?_iv_code=BZ-CLB-B4RANGER-12583&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkYCa-P3V6wIVyEXVCh0sZwWgEAQYASABEgLJNvD_BwE
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,391 Senior Member
    Check BullHide belts. I have one of their leather belts and I suspect it'll still look new after I'm dead and buried
    https://www.bullhidebelts.com/
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,936 Senior Member
    Brown or black, I like mine, they are at least 5 years old and the brown one is starting to show its wear, there is an extra 10% off on the Botach website this weekend, I think the code is Trump 2020.

https://botach.com/boston-leather-gun-belts-w-brass-buckle/
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    I’m really liking the Bullhidebelts.  Tons of options though, may take a few months decide what a want.  I may need to go to John Wicks tailor in Rome.