Home Main Category Clubhouse

So you won't miss this the shoot is cancelled...

Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior MemberPosts: 740 Senior Member
What I did not want to have to say has, unfortunately, got to be said, I am so very sorry to say that the October shoot is going to have to be cancelled too.  With all the travel hassles Mr. Jerry has had including today, with Alabama being a "red" state, and with our close proximity to the 'bama border, we have decided it is best to just say we just can't have the shoot this year.  We also thought of all the guns y'all would be bringing and and if anyone got stopped with them for any reason they could be in jeopardy of being confiscated.  Please know we are so sad at this announcement but we will do our level best to have the next Memorial Day shoot as usual.  Please forgive us, we are really missing all our friends and we did not come to this decision lightly.  

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,703 Senior Member
    It’s completely understandable Miss Mary.  Big hug to you and Mr. Jerry.  Stay safe and healthy and we’ll see you in May! 
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,094 Senior Member
    This sucks, but not unexpected.
    I was looking forward to shooting GunNut's smartphone! Or target that looks like one, or something... Goddess Bless you and Jerry for putting up with us every year!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,545 Senior Member
     :'( 
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Hate to hear it but with the China virus rampant in Alabama (dang partying college kids :D ) and the logistics of finding places to eat, and civil unrest increasing it's the right call. Hope you, Jerry, and the rest of the family stay healthy and China virus free. We'll see all y'all in the Spring! 
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,094 Senior Member
    You mean I shaved my legs for nothing?! Well, that gives me more time to get more things fixed work done on the Jeep. Got the "Mechless" stereo put in along with a CB - put some FIRE IN THE WIRE there, good buddy!

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."