Home Main Category Hunting

How to Setup AR-15 for hunting?

kristianrogerkristianroger Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 3 in Hunting #1

The Custom AR-15 is a better rifle in terms of hunting and sport shooting. Several Gun Builders have opted to personalize such guns for a better experience. They use a bunch of accessories to do the necessary process. Components such as lights, sights, slings, etc. can be changed according to our own. It is a perfect gun for those who are new to firearms.For a build, you’ll have to start with the upper receiver. Such receivers are present in both stripped and barreled front. But using a stripped version gives you an edge as it is suited for hunting. The barrel has to be either 16, 18, or 20 inches. Among all of these, the 20-inch barrel is the right choice. The handguards are in free-floating and non-free-floating versions. Employ a free-floating hand guard to achieve better results. 

Replies

• AlleyCatAlleyCat Posts: 360 Member
    edited September 3 #2
    kristianroger  is a spammer

Link hidden in text.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,875 Senior Member
    edited September 3 #3
    He didn't last long...I do find it amusing that he comes here and seeks to school this bunch on how to set up an AR...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Link still live.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,875 Senior Member
    Link removed...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,989 Senior Member
    edited September 4 #6
    I know this thread was started by a spammer, but what the hey, I just went to the range to set up 2 for hunting yesterday.

20" Hbar, 223 form 1 22cal silencer, ATN X-Sight 5-20x digital NV scope

16" HBAR 300BO form 1 30cal silencer, ATN X-Sight 5-20x digital NV scope.

These are set up for hogs, I'll replace the NV with regular optics before deer season begins

edited to add: The "regular" optics are 6-18x40 on the 223 and 3-9x40 on the 300BO
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,206 Senior Member
    I guess my Spider Sense is getting pretty good - I read the first sentence of his post and suspected he was "THAT GUY".  Only then did I look left and spot the BANNED avatar. :D
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug said:
    I guess my Spider Sense is getting pretty good - I read the first sentence of his post and suspected he was "THAT GUY".  Only then did I look left and spot the BANNED avatar. :D
    I don't think he was "Bobert" I have a feeling he was just your "run of the mill" spammer trying to get traffic to his/her site
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 505 Senior Member
    How does hiding a link get more hits on it when its hidden?

It's the "Oh! I found a shinny, must click, must click" syndrome.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,078 Senior Member
    The more times and places that your link shows up online, the higher it gets in google search results.

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 505 Senior Member
    The more times and places that your link shows up online, the higher it gets in google search results.

Ya learn something new everyday. 
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,336 Senior Member
    Wouldnt the correct answer be... "put hunting bullets in it and go hunting"?
    If your AR is not already hunting accurate, then it unless you jammed a pipe into an upper and put it on a worn out poly lower, then it isnt the rifle.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,078 Senior Member
    Wouldnt the correct answer be... "put hunting bullets in it and go hunting"?
    If your AR is not already hunting accurate, then it unless you jammed a pipe into an upper and put it on a worn out poly lower, then it isnt the rifle.
    I’m with you on that.  Been hunting with an AR pattern rifle for the last few years.  
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Here's the 223 with it's "regular" Nikon glass on it