Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

"Well gee, ... that person did have an "R" next to 'her' name...

DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
edited September 2020 in Second Amendment/Politics #1
LOL!!! In something that could have been taken from a Blazing Saddles-like script, the dumb-ass uniformed masses of Cheshire County, New Hampshire, nominates GOP transsexual anarchist satanist for Sheriff. Freaking hysterical! I'm dying! Just goes to show that people will pull that "R" or "D" lever without a second thought.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/transexual-satanist-anarchist-picks-up-gop-sheriff-nh-county 

Replies

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,395 Senior Member
    Are you really sure they're pulling that "R" or "D" lever without a second thought?

Considering their actions of the last 4 years (who am I kidding - the last 30), I'd be more inclined to issue snap judgements against one who identifies as a Democrat than someone linked to the other stuff.  Let me run down the list here:

Transsexual: everybody's got varying degrees of difficulty fitting in with the world.  If you think you were issued the wrong plumbing, that's your business.  Doesn't tell me anything about your politics.

Anarchist:  There's the bomb-throwing kind of anarchist, and then there's the governments-are-not-to-be-trusted kind of anarchist.  Seems unlikely the bomb-throwing kind would run for Sheriff, and having someone distrustful of government IN government seems like an OK place to start.  This is how swamps are drained.

Satanist:  On the surface, all this indicates to me is that you have the balls to ask those in power some pointed questions about validity of their plans.  I'd rather have that than a herd of mindless, go-along sheep.

Yes, I'd want to did deeper for more information, but there's nothing inherently evil in any of that.  On the other hand, if a candidate identifies as a Democrat, we have ample reason to link that with visions of Red Square parades and totalitarianism.  When Obama was first running for President, a relative in Illinois told me "Race, personal history, and prior political activities were not necessary pieces of information.  If all you told me was that he was a Democrat from Chicago, that would have been all I needed to know to oppose the man".

Attempting to view things from the other side (difficult), does anyone think people are actually voting FOR Joe Biden, or rather AGAINST Donald Trump?

It's an interesting study. . .we may be more certain of the government we DON'T want than the one we do.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,980 Senior Member
    "She" has a point, and I'd probably vote for "her". Better than some/many GOP candidates, and better than ANY Leftist.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,454 Senior Member
    That article is long on talk and anorexic on stance of the candidate as to what 'she' would do if elected. A sheriff has to uphold the law, all of the laws. No picking and choosing which ones to uphold. Let the juries nullify the charges if the law is an ass; that is what juries are supposed to do according to the Founding Fathers. Don't care which of the 80+ genders one thinks they are or their religious preference may be; they either do the danged job they are hired to do and uphold the law and the elected office, or they get sacked. Just my opinion on the matter.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,951 Senior Member
    Pffft, everybody knows liberal transsexual-satanist-anarchists are inferior to conservative transsexual-satanist-anarchists! They are the worst!

;)  
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,377 Senior Member
    She was running unopposed so probably a benefited from folks voting a straight R ticket.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,305 Senior Member
    I love the double standard that conservatives are held to. On one hand “conservatives are a bunch of evangelical Christians that want to force people to act like their religion!”

then we elect Trump... “you can’t be a conservative because you elected a lying serial adulterer!”

same thing here- what if this person was nominated because people are tired of the same crap and want to break the power structures?  probably not, because he was running unopposed but it isn’t some broad brush indictment of all republicans. 

Hell, I could get nominated for a spot in Travis county because there are a bunch of positions that the Republicans don’t even put a candidate up for. 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,457 Senior Member
    On the other hand, the people who voted may have just done the ultimate in bashing the system. They may have known what they were doing and it is a protest vote. Been known to happen.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,068 Senior Member
    At least he/she isn't a midget, small hands, smell like cabbage. That's where I draw the line!
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,951 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    At least he/she isn't a midget, small hands, smell like cabbage. That's where I draw the line!
    That shoe salesman would make an excellent sheriff, crocs and a 10 gallon hat would be the uniform of the day. :p
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,980 Senior Member
    This is why all y'alls need to write me in when you vote for POTUS! I wear skirts, the occasional dress, do my nails and hair, and makeup blah, blah, blah - BUT I like guns and I identify as a straight male! :D:D:D
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."