Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Here we go again, HOA overreach...

13»

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,263 Senior Member
    News story this morning.

Neighborhood lost all their street parking to new bike lanes. Neighbors complain. At least give us certain times we can park? City says we have bicyclist safety foremost in mind. Hey, you want bike lanes? Fine, put in some parking lots scattered strategically through the neighborhood. Place was built without proper supportive infrastructure. Home owners bought with street parking. City took their tax money, and said too bad, bend over, buy a bike.

HOA?
    Where's the pitch fork mob? That's what's needed. Figuratively speaking of course.
    Funny you mention that. Colorado Springs government, in it's never-ending quest to show itself as progressive as Denver, got the big money from the tax vote 4 years ago and then spent the first "improvement" money creating bike-lanes down Cascade and Nevada Avenues (the 2 main throughfares through an already crowded downtown). Did they actually build new bike lanes? No....They painted white and green stripes on the street that indicated 2/3rds of the road was no longer legal for road-licensed automobiles...really.....2 lanes with a third left-turn lane now were in places squeezed down to one lane for automobile traffic with 2 reserved for bicycles. 

Pretty cheap fix to proclaim "road repair" and "progressive" at the same time. 

I'm still dodging the same potholes, only with the added excitement of dodging the VERY RARE bicyclist that shows up on those rare occasions.

Mike

BTW....most of the bikers still peddle in the street.
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,121 Senior Member
    Mike,

I just checked.  There's room for you in Texas, but you need to hurry. :)
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,156 Senior Member
    Mike,

You need to start vetting people and quit letting liberals in
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    Mike,

You need to start vetting people and quit letting liberals in
    We're working on it, Diver.  We started at the southern border, now just need to move north.
    Jerry

I don't need to be vetted. Jerry knows I'm a paragon of virtue.

You can just ask Jerry.

Ain't that right, Jerry?

Jerry?...........

Mike
    N454casull
    I don't need to be vetted. Jerry knows I'm a paragon of virtue.

You can just ask Jerry.

Ain't that right, Jerry?

Jerry?...........

Mike
     Actually, Mike, you do need someone to stand up for you.  That person has to be either a native Texan, or one who has lived here for at least 20 years.  Fortunately for you, I fit both of those criteria.

You're good. :)

I'd hold off on the "paragon of virtue" thang, though.  You don't want to over play your hand.
    Jerry

I wasn't overplaying my hand. I had the 9 of Aces up my sleeve.

Mike
    N454casull
  • JaphyJaphy Posts: 68 Member
    Notes from a previous home .. the residents decided they did not want an HOA so they dissolved the HOA sold off the common area as 2 building lots and split the money.  That all happened before I bought, I had no HOA dues, but the deed restrictions were in place and I could not get them removed.  There was no enforcement mechanism but if there was a complaint to the city I could have been forced by the city not an HOA to remedy the problem.
  • N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 613 Senior Member
    Recreational outrage it’s a favorite pastime of many on here. 

It’s a pretty simple thing to me. You don’t like it don’t live there. End of discussion. Or I guess come on an internet forum and rant about it. Cause yea that changes everything. 

If YOU do CHOOSE to live there and sign a contract live up to your word, until such time as you can a) get the rule changed  thru the proper means or b) you move. Otherwise you might as well move to CHAZ cause they don’t like people telling them what to do either.  
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,911 Senior Member
    I thought that's why we have the internet?

Our rants can live on in infamy.

Spreading wisdom as thickly as we can layer it on. 

Like wildfire.
    Consuming ignorance with the speed of ciber space. 

Enlightening and illuminating with the clarity of freshly trodden mud in a rain storm?
    I thought that's why we have the internet?

Our rants can live on in infamy.

Spreading wisdom as thickly as we can layer it on. 

Like wildfire.
    Consuming ignorance with the speed of ciber space. 

Enlightening and illuminating with the clarity of freshly trodden mud in a rain storm?

Here we go again........

Mike
    N454casull

It’s a pretty simple thing to me. You don’t like it don’t live there. End of discussion. Or I guess come on an internet forum and rant about it. Cause yea that changes everything. 

If YOU do CHOOSE to live there and sign a contract live up to your word, until such time as you can a) get the rule changed  thru the proper means or b) you move. Otherwise you might as well move to CHAZ cause they don’t like people telling them what to do either.  
    I'm outraged at your post.  Now who do I see about this????
    Jerry

I'm outraged at your post.  Now who do I see about this????
    I would say you could see me, but truth is, I'm pretty indignant about your outrage. I'll check and see if we have an "escalation clause" and get back to you.

Mike
    N454casull