Home Main Category Personal Defense

SNEAKY PETE HOLSTERS

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 4,960 Senior Member
edited July 24 in Personal Defense #1
Thinking of getting one for my CZ-82, anyone have or used one, your opinions good , bad, or otherwise.    sneakypete.com 

JAY
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    Bought one for an LC9...entirely too big...sent it to another m
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,931 Senior Member
    Have one somewhere for a little P3AT,  They are WAY too big on your belt
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,716 Senior Member
    It is sorta big; but, I've seen cell phone carriers that are big , too.

It is no worse than a fannypac even though the fannypac is much bigger----ya just have to think people won't pay attention and most won't.

They are gun specific unlike other holsters that sometimes will work for more that one gun.

I have one and do not use it much; probably because it is for a .380.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,675 Senior Member
    I think Knitepoet has one.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,096 Senior Member
    edited July 24 #6
    Yep GeneL sent me one he wasn't using.
    I've worn it a few times
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,931 Senior Member
    I don't think I ever wore mine out of the hous . It's in a closet or up in the loft collecting dust
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,675 Senior Member
    I'd be embarrassed to wear one - people might think I have a smartphone! :D
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,643 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I'd be embarrassed to wear one - people might think I have a smartphone! :D
    Ha! Yeah, that's what you need to worry about :D  
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Here's my thoughts on it.
    1) If you're a gun person and know what it is, and see someone else with one on, you probably don't care and figure they're a "good guy" just like you. MAYBE a nob of your head if they notice you looking.

2) If you're not a gun person,  and see someone with one on, you have no clue if it's a phone case, an insulin pump case, or some other innocuous case, and you really don't care.

Since it doesn't look like a gun, most of the "sheeple" simply don't care
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    I have one for my Shield.  It is a little bulky, but has its uses.  Depending on how you are dressed, sometimes it is a good option.  I have never had anyone figure out what it was that didn't also conceal carry.  They already knew what it was and didn't care that I was wearing it.  My wife used to use it regularly when she would go out to walk the dog because it was very convenient to just throw on real quick.  Since we have moved she can now just let the dog out in the back yard so it has not seen as much use.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,744 Senior Member
    I didn't like mine.  It's a two-hand holster, one hand to open it, the other to draw.  It's big, yes, secure.  I'd forgotten I gave mine to the poet.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,960 Senior Member
    Thanks for your comments, E-mailed them and they dont make a holster for the CZ-82 they said the one for a Glock 19 might work, since I dont own any Glocks I'm gonna hit up some buddies that  do and compare size.

I have to give Sneaky Pete credit I e-mailed them and got an answer the same evening.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    Gene L said:
    I didn't like mine.  It's a two-hand holster, one hand to open it, the other to draw.  It's big, yes, secure.  I'd forgotten I gave mine to the poet.

If it takes two hands you are doing it wrong.  Use your thumb on your drawing hand to swipe up under the flap then grab the pistol.  Very easy with just a little practice.  I find it easier and quicker than a standard OWB holster under an untucked shirt.
    jaywapti said:
    Thanks for your comments, E-mailed them and they dont make a holster for the CZ-82 they said the one for a Glock 19 might work, since I dont own any Glocks I'm gonna hit up some buddies that  do and compare size.

I have to give Sneaky Pete credit I e-mailed them and got an answer the same evening.

JAY

If it is close in size to the Glock 19 it should.  They are not form fitted like a kydex holster.
    edited July 26 #16
    Since Gene and I are definitely talking about the exact same holster... It hasn't required 2 hands for me to draw from it. Not much different that drawing from IWB under a shirt.

My thumb clears the flap (shirt tail if IWB) and there it is

Edited to add: Tried my EC9s in it, I'll have to remove the finger extension from the mag for it to fit. I simulated that by trying it without the mag in place, and it fits fine

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,671 Senior Member
    I've been carrying for 5 years using the SP. I love it. Sure it's bigger than the standard holster, but so what. It's practically open-carry, when all you have to do is flip the flap up and you're ready to pull it out. You can wear it with a suit or shorts and T-shirt. It's available with either belt loops or belt clips. I prefer the loops, because you can slide the holster to anywhere on the belt, as long as you don't put your belt through all the loops on your pants. That's great for when you get in and out of your car or truck, or motorcycle. I just ordered a new one, because the old one got damaged in my latest bike accident.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,716 Senior Member
    Yeah, it is a little big; but, with all the cell phones and different carriers for cell phone I think people don't have a clue about sneaky Pete products.  
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia