Home Main Category General Firearms

WOW Did I Get A Deal

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberPosts: 1,421 Senior Member
Purchased my Grendel upper a few months ago.  Late night surfing, and boy did I get a Midway deal.  Paid $321 including tax n shpg.  Here's today's inflated market pricing. 

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020799661?pid=509828

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I see that Midway is taking a page from Cheaper Than Dirt and jacking up the prices during the panic.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Up about $100 from the retail price this past spring.  Got lucky and caught a one day sale.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,379 Senior Member
    After going to the PX on two different bases, I have come to a conclusion.  Gun shops and distributors are ripping us off during the panic.  The Base Exchange is only allowed to mark up an item by a set percentage.  In Texas two guns I have kept an eye on were in stock and selling for:  Sig P365   479.99,
    Springfield Hellcat  515.00 and 565.00 w/milled slide.  Near me you can not find either for under 600.00 and they are scarce.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,922 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    I see that Midway is taking a page from Cheaper Than Dirt and jacking up the prices during the panic.
    When distributors raise their price, retailers must to maintain their margins. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Zee...Yes indeed.  I'm certain distributors are utilizing supply and demand and Midway just has to pass it on.   Up about $100 from the retail price this past spring.  Got lucky and caught a one day sale in  my RCBS 1500 also.   Blind squirrel that day!