Home Main Category General Firearms

At last!! ...

Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru MemberPosts: 619 Senior Member
In march past , I bought for myself a long overdue "birthday/christmas" Gift,  a brand new SIG P2022.
A few days later, I placed in our local equivalent of BATF the necesary papers (the store cannot retrive the gun from  the government storage until they autorize the sale)... that was a Friday, and 2 days later  .... the Dark shadow of the Covid quarentine paralized the country 

But, after 7 months of wait, at last,  I have my new gun ....
Tomorrow... RANGE TEST

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,954 Senior Member
    Looks good, hey.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,692 Senior Member
    Excellent handgun   Congrats
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,252 Senior Member
    Excellent!! Glad you finally got it!!
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    edited October 2020 #5
    OUTSTANDING!!!!!  Enjoy the new toy!!!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    It was about time! They should have given you two pistols just for your patience! Congratulations.

Fell short of my record though.....13 months for a CZ-455FS. Such is life in the tropics.

2nd. in line for the shooting test tomorrow; sleep tight 'cause we'll leave early for the range. These guys will want a range report so be ready.
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Congratulations.  Enjoy.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,763 Senior Member
    Cool gun. Sad story. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru Member Posts: 619 Senior Member
    edited October 2020 #9
    Antonio said:
    It was about time! They should have given you two pistols just for your patience! Congratulations.

Fell short of my record though.....13 months for a CZ-455FS. Such is life in the tropics.

2nd. in line for the shooting test tomorrow; sleep tight 'cause we'll leave early for the range. These guys will want a range report so be ready.

Hahaha... if I qualify for a free gun after a 7 month delay, after 13 months they should have upgraded your CZ455 to a Barret .50

Thanks to all for your words.

Indeed there would be a range report. Don't miss the next chapter tomorrow, same time same channel.. 
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,330 Senior Member
    Worth waiting for.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,963 Senior Member
    Good hustle! 
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
    edited October 2020 #12
    Well, the gun went for its first time on the range.

There were 4 shooters , 3 guns right out of the box to try, and a few other guns at hand , so time was a little short

First,a little warm-up shotting 22 l.r

Hitting a Gong at 260 mts (sorry, don't know the size, although I would guesstimate it is about 18") gives a little feeling of pride... even if you need quite a few tries before connecting one

Returning to the main dish (at least from my point of view), the SIG P2022, 
    The sights are excelent for its defensive purpose . The trigger pull in DA is not too heavy ( about 10 pounds) and it is single stage, after a little take up.
    The SA trigger have some take up too,  but is quite nice

I am more than a bit rusty, after too long without range time, but I will try to correct that . The target was at 11 yds, and the bull at the center was shot first

The SIG digested 50 rounds of 115 grain 9mm FMJ of peruvian FAME without any trouble at all. 

Another gun in its "prima nocte" , ( as Edward the First Longshanks, the villain from "Bravehearth",  would say ) was a HK VP9

Another excellent gun. I only fired 5 rounds with it, so I can' say too much, except that the gun had a very good trigger (which I would dare to say was better than Glock's ... but, I am not a fan of Glocks, so ... don't take me too seriously on it)
    edited October 2020 #13
    A bit of a dissapointment was the "return to service" of my 4" S&W 32

It was not the gun's fault. We were going to use a batch of Gevelot ammo , but the whole lot was useless. The primers were dead

The third gun "new from the box" was a Ruger PC9

Reliable and accurate. Its only weakness was the front sight, which was a bit difficult to see under the sun light, but its owner is a very experienced shooter, so he will solve that soon
    In all, a good day at the range.

Now, to find a good holster, and in the next visit,  to test how it works with  defensive hollow point ammo (one of my Friends bought a box of Winchester 115 grains for me , but forgot it at his home).
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Nice day indeed, although wind became nasty towards the end blowing lots of dust.

Liked the Sig trigger over the HK & Glock's; that "safety" thingy hanging in the middle of them is bothersome to say the least. Of the 3 guns the trigger pull of the VP-9 was the best, then the Sig. As Lonewolf said, pulling the 17 & 19 triggers felt like the one in a power drill despite both having upgrade kits.

Good accuracy for a defensive semiauto. Nice size, ergonomics and sights and best of all: 100% reliability with local production cheap 9mm. ammo. Still not a fan of the decocking lever at all.

With some practice you'll get used to it and its trigger. We all saw over here what you were able to do with the Beretta 92 you owned for a while once you mastered that pistol.

That Ruger PC is also a great "range toy" and ideal road trip gun; owner only needs to install a red dot sight and it'll get easier to aim with.

The Inland M-1 Carbine behaved as I expected. Scrounged a small lot of OLD assorted ammo and after cleaning the muck out of them I got 99% reliability. Only a few of '52 Lake City Arsenal and a couple of French-made rounds were either hang-overs or duds, while all the Winchester ammo made in 1945 worked flawlessly. Even managed to hit a few times a 15" steel disc @ 270 yards despite the strong crosswind!