Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

New steward of the Constitution.

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,557 Senior Member
Judge Amy Barrett is now Justice Amy Barrett.  Enough said.
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,377 Senior Member
    There is a God!!!  Thank You!!!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,263 Senior Member
    You know....for all the hoopla about ramming a justice decision through so close to an election....had the roles been reversed, would the actions have been any different?

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    You know....for all the hoopla about ramming a justice decision through so close to an election....had the roles been reversed, would the actions have been any different?

Mike
    Nope. The Left are just sore losers that Hillary wasn't in office to appoint three Justices.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,377 Senior Member

Mike
    They would have suicided two more...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 607 Senior Member
    I'll be honest. If Hillary were in office and did the same thing with her picks, id be pissed. Of course I dont care when I get my way. Its human nature.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,156 Senior Member
    You shoved a justice down our throat 
    Kinda like obama care when you held the majority?  Was the beginning and end of tonight political discussion with a beautiful lady named Diamond.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,951 Senior Member
    edited October 2020 #9
    Rammed through just like the Affordable Care Act except with a better result
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,121 Senior Member
    I'm glad she was confirmed, and am not surprised that the dems are squealing like pigs caught in a fence.  However, if Biden wins, and the dems take control of the senate, I expect a full scale assault on the court.  
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,980 Senior Member
    If justices followed the constitution, their political leanings would make no difference. 
    WORD.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 613 Senior Member
    What a difference less than 4 years can make. If Hildabeast had won who knows where we'd be perhaps involved in a revolution. 
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,121 Senior Member
    Justice Barret's acceptance speech was excellent, short, sweet and to the point.  She made it very clear that the role of the judiciary was very much different than that of the other two branches, and personal point of view had no place in the decisions they made.

Too bad Ginsberg and her ilk weren't of the same mind.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,818 Senior Member
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,758 Senior Member

Mike

If the left gets power, they wouldn't need this excuse. They would do it anyway, to short-circuit the election of any future conservatives running. Pack the courts, statehood for P.R. and D.C., confiscate guns, open borders, no oil, blah, blah, blah.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!

Mike

If the left gets power, they wouldn't need this excuse. They would do it anyway, to short-circuit the election of any future conservatives running. Pack the courts, statehood for P.R. and D.C., confiscate guns, open borders, no oil, blah, blah, blah.
    Yeah.....you're probably right.

And my gut tells  me,,,,they probably will...........sooner rather than later. I'm not optimistic at all about this election cycle. I think it's gonna go Dem/Dem/Dem.

Man, I hope I'm wrong.......

Mike
    N454casull
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,394 Senior Member
    You’re not alone, Linefinder. 
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,800 Senior Member
    edited October 2020 #20

And my gut tells  me,,,,they probably will...........sooner rather than later. I'm not optimistic at all about this election cycle. I think it's gonna go Dem/Dem/Dem.

Mike

I am feeling the same! I don't think this is going to go the way we want AT ALL. I am preparing for a complete crap show. Moved my 401k into bonds.

Still holding out hope for the "silent" Trump supporters, but scared that the media onslaught has effected the ignorant. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,156 Senior Member
    Michakav said:

Mike

I am feeling the same! I don't think this is going to go the way we want AT ALL. I am preparing for a complete crap show. Moved my 401k into bonds.

Still holding out hope for the "silent" Trump supporters, but scared that the media onslaught has effected the ignorant. 
    The media onslaught !!!!
    Bloomberg didn't stand a chance but he is doing everything he can with money for his party to win.
    Sadly a lot of people have drank the anti Trump koolaid.  And sadly he keeps making off the cuff comments that the media jumps on and takes out of contexts or only publishes a portion of.  I really hope you guys are wrong, but I am not as sure as I once was.
    If Joe were to win. I don't think he has the stamina and intestinal fortitude to last four years. By two years he will either be too weak or ill to continue.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    And then we get Ms. Harris by default. My biggest fear.

Mike
    N454casull
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,980 Senior Member
    I think its been Harris all along - or at least since she was named VP candidate. Biden is a nobody - I think Harris will be stepping up sooner or later, probably sooner, because "something" will happen with/to Joe. I got the Hell out of California for many reasons, but getting away from Kamala Harris was NOT the least of them - she worked TIRELESSLY against American Citizens when she was AG, I do NOT want her back!!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Tree of Liberty I'm afraid is about to be nourished.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,100 Senior Member
    Most liberals aren't voting for Joe...they're voting for Harris...it's obvious that Joe isn't going to make the long haul as POTUS...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"