Home Main Category Personal Defense

concealed carry

rberglofrberglof Senior MemberPosts: 2,942 Senior Member
I have been trying to find a way to carry concealed without relaying on a belt to hold holster. I can't wear a belt that is stout enough for holster due to long ago injury to my back.
I decided to try the belly band type, bought it a few months ago and now am able to conceal carry IWB in relative comfort. Can feel the firearm but still comfortable and no back pain.
Does anyone else use this type of holster and if so what brand are you using?
I am using the Pro Tech 6" and was wondering if 4" might be better. The six inch has a tendency to roll when sitting down, it's not uncomfortable but noticeable.

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    I’ve tried a belly band a few times.  Bought one on Amazon, not expensive and couldn’t tell you the brand.  But it does work for AIWB carry if you are wearing gym shorts or sweatpants, and it’s relative comfortable except for summer when it’s too hot.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,163 Senior Member
    I have found that a good sturdy set of suspenders (Dickies) solved all  back related and pants drooping problems associated carrying my 1911 in an OWB holster...the only thing the belt does is hold the holster
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,683 Senior Member
    Too damn hot here for one of those. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,942 Senior Member
    Never much liked suspenders so was hoping for another solution and this seems to be it.
    Being in North Dakota heat isn't a big problem and I have been wearing this one IWB with jeans.
    GunNut did you order the 4" or 6"?
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,715 Senior Member
    I bought a similar type but it was too big. Have you tried a Remora holster? It’s covered in some sort of “sticky” material. It doesn’t require a belt clip. Stays in place, doesn’t move around. Works fine with my LC9. 
    RugerFan I have not tried one like that, will take a look it them. Thanks
    Remora is one of my old favorites.  Started using them when they first came out years ago.  Have two of them (with and without sweat shield) for my full sized 1911s and they WORK,
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,093 Senior Member
    Remora fan here as well. CPJ got me started with them.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Just ordered the Remora for my Khar CW45
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,467 Senior Member
    5.11 or Duluth Fire Hose Flex pants and shorts with the identical pocket arrangement plus a LW J-frame or .380 in a DeSantis Super Fly in the front pocket ain't a bad approach 
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,163 Senior Member
    Wrangler makes some similar pants as well...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    rberglof said:
    Never much liked suspenders so was hoping for another solution and this seems to be it.
    Being in North Dakota heat isn't a big problem and I have been wearing this one IWB with jeans.
    GunNut did you order the 4" or 6"?
    Sorry just saw this question.  6” works well.
    Thank you GN. I have only tried the Remora one time so far and it seemed to be OK. Not getting out very much right now but but will continue using when we are out of quarantine.

rberglof said:
    Thank you GN. I have only tried the Remora one time so far and it seemed to be OK. Not getting out very much right now but but will continue using when we are out of quarantine.

Anytime!