Home Main Category General Firearms

A fond farewell

gunwalkergunwalker MemberPosts: 479 Member
Mods, if you need to move this , understood.
Gentlemen, I am at an age and condition where my firearms use is waning. I may visit from time to time but that is all. I have used the wisdom of the forum many times and have always found insights to be very valuable. This forum has been the best continuing online education available. I have faith that it will continue to do so. I would also like the powers that be to reconsider what I think was a mistake made quite some time ago, and that was doing away with "founding member " status. I was here before there were any mods, and they have done a great job of keeping things civil and relevant. Looking back, that status is analogous to recognizing an aging veteran. It takes nothing away from any other members and acknowledges that a few folks have held this forum in high enough regard to continue being a part of it. Now, I am certain that some folks will disagree, and that is fine. But i also know that that there are many folks here who are deeply concerned about the movement to re-write history and to tear down statues. I'm just saying that the forum leaders need to be mindful of our forum history as well. Thanks again.
We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,394 Senior Member
    Take care of yourself and drop in as often as you can.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Adieu and best wishes.  These are indeed troubling times.  Enjoy your family and be safe. Prayers sent your way.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    Hate to see you go, but I get it.  Life is all about phases and they all end, and hopefully we’re left with many pleasant memories.  Please do stop by even if you just say hi!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,218 Senior Member
    Sad news, good luck hey, stop by when you can.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,503 Senior Member
    Yea, like they said.  Just stop by and say hi once in a while.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Please do stay in touch with us and visit from time to time. I don't shoot much any more, either, other than to keep some good familiarity and quality time with my most used CCW pistols. And a bunch of.22 LR from rifles and pistols; never know around here when the squirrels will go militant and try to throw me out of the house.  :) I've never lost my love for .22 rifles and pistols. Got an idea that I'll be working on for a new .22 rifle this winter. I finally got the mockup of the trigger group to work to my satisfaction with the Marlin bolt I'm building it around; breaks at 1 oz. consistently.

Keep in touch and let us know what's going on in your neck of the woods!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,832 Senior Member
    Sorry to see you go, Stay well and enjoy life
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    Fair seas and following winds, sir.

I agree about founding member monikers.  Heck, I'm only 37 and I've participated here since I was 22 or 23 back in 2006.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,417 Senior Member
    edited October 2020 #10
    Just a point.....

A members status isn't something us mere mods can change. That takes "Administrator" level powers to do.

And we haven't had an "Admin" since Jerry Lee passed a while back.

And apparently,....we're not going to get one.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,740 Senior Member
    Take care and hope to hear from you every now and then.
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,943 Senior Member
    Take care of yourself!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,454 Senior Member
    For what its worth, even though you may not be shooting as much as you would like, you still have alot of knowledge to pass onto the new folks that discover firearms for fun or due to the crazy situation we are all experiencing.

just keep that in mind.

The ears never lie.

- Don Burt