Home Main Category General Firearms

Test-fired a S&W Victory .22LR today

AntonioAntonio Senior MemberPosts: 2,817 Senior Member
Friend of mine was looking for a Ruger MkIV Tactical but they were sold out (only a handful were imported anyway) so checking for an option that comes with a factory threaded barrel to add accesories he found this relatively new S&W pistol. Before buying it he made his homework and researched about them online as much as he could and finally after a few months of waiting his permit to be issued by local "BATF" (thanks to Covid) he got it and took for a range test today.

After installing a budget red dot pistol sight and firing it for a while he allowed us to ply with it a little. I own a MkIII Target and consider than inside its price range you can't find something better, more customizable, accurate and reliable than these Ruger pistols, but this S&W was a nice surprise.
Might not have the HUGE factory model options available, nor the abundancy of aftermarket parts and accessories the Mk line has, but certainly gathers the best characteristics of many of Ruger's models.

Pretty much the same shape and action, 5.5" barrel, satin stainless steel frame and upper, good open sights, nice trigger with stop reguation, etc. Only disliked the small safety lever although liked its 1911-ish style over the Ruger's.

Pistol was as accurate as one can be; worked perfectly with SK & Winchester 42 gr. SVLRN and without any accessory that will inevitabily make it front-heavy it is well balanced. We agreed that it is a very good option for a plinker/hunting/ pistol; still like the Ruger more but having one of these S&Ws in my hands and being able to test it changed my view about them.

Replies