Home Main Category General Firearms

I'm still interested in a Bullpup Auto 12 Ga,

Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior MemberPosts: 7,832 Senior Member
edited October 2020 in General Firearms #1
but I just saw this one advertised in the Palmetto State Armory website. It's much cheaper than the $600 + one I was asking about a month ago. It's Turkish made by PARS MFG and imported by American Tactical. Aski9ng price is marked down to $529.99, which I think is a good deal, if this weapon is a quality shotgun. Please tell me what anyone knows about this Turkish company, good or bad.

JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!

Replies

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,140 Senior Member
    You will need some boss ear protection with that gun going off so close to your ear.  Turkey makes some good guns, so I wouldn't worry about the quality.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,832 Senior Member
    Thanks for the comment, Gene.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,498 Senior Member
    I have a co worker that swears by his.  I did a quick look, how much does one weigh?  I haven't found it listed
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,322 Senior Member
    Turkish guns seem to be quite good nowadays so I wouldn’t loose much sleep if you want one.  I have not gotten a yearning desire for one of those but I’d LOVE to take one to the trap range just to see folks reactions 😁
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Turkey is making some really good firearms, so I wouldn't worry about that. What GeneL said about hearing protection is good advice. Not only  is a lot of loud stuff going on in front of your cheek; the muzzle blast moved back several inches, too, and that brake (if that is a muzzle brake) will enhance that muzzle blast considerably.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Diver43 said:
    I have a co worker that swears by his.  I did a quick look, how much does one weigh?  I haven't found it listed

Yeah, I looked at the Palmetto page again and there's no weight listed, but the size and construction looks very similar to other semi-auto 12 Ga's I've seen on some of these web pages. I would imagine the weight is similar also. I'll have to look at the others to see if there's any weight listing. There are some good points to look into as all of you have pointed out, so I will do due diligence before I buy anything. I really like the look of these bullpups....military style and compact size. The only negative I can see is the close proximity of the ejection port to the shooter's face, but I can't imagine a manufacturer designing a weapon that is dangerous to operate for the general public. Sound could be an issue though.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,140 Senior Member
    edited October 2020 #8
    I wouldn't worry about the gun coming apart or you would have heard about problems in Turkish guns before.  It's a bad-ass looking gun.  But my ears are shouting out a warning...Would the design of the gun prevent you from wearing ear muffs?  You could always wear those foam plugs, but after years of shooting guns, some perforce w/out hearing protection, I have hearing aids in both ears and double up, ear plugs and muffs, when shooting anything more than a .22 LR.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Yeah, potential hearing loss is a concern. I always wear hearing protection when shooting, but I think I'm going to have to handle, and maybe shoot one before I buy it.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    edited January 7 #10
    Well, my mailbox just received a $600 check from the government. I was waiting for this because I wanted to use it to buy the Bullpup I've been interested in. There are several models that I like, but I haven't decided what to buy yet. One is made by Black Aces in Florida. The other two are Turkish made. One Is Panzer Arms and the other one I forgot the name, but they all have similar styles, have a 5 shot AR-styled magazine, and you can even get a 20 round circular one for it. I need the check to clear and then I'll have to decide which one to buy. All of them only have spotty appearance on Palmetto Arms, so they must be flying out the doors. Maybe Gunbroker is a better source if I can't find one on Palmetto. It might be a long time before I can shoot it though. Might have to wait for the SE Shoot to test fire if I can't find a range that will allow shotguns.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • dlddld Member Posts: 420 Member
    I had a Mossberg 500 Bullpup. It was a pump one. It was kinda clunky with a bad mechanical trigger. I did not notice it any louder than my other Mossberg 500 and the ejection near your face did not make any different. I like bullpups but not this one, don't know anything about the semi automatic ones.
    It looked like this one

The ones I like are similar to that, but look a bit longer and have a slightly larger stock. Click the link in my OP, and you can see the difference.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    I'm planning on going to a gun show in Crystal River, FL next Saturday, and hopefully find a Bullpup semi-auto I have wanted to buy. I have nothing against the Turkish models I've seen, but I think I'd like to get an American made one from Black Aces in Longwood, Florida
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I'm planning on going to a gun show in Crystal River, FL next Saturday, and hopefully find a Bullpup semi-auto I have wanted to buy. I have nothing against the Turkish models I've seen, but I think I'd like to get an American made one from Black Aces in Longwood, Florida
    I don't have anything against the Turkish made firearms. They build some good functional stuff. My problem with Turkish guns is that sometimes for no reason at all the parts for them become unobtainable and you end up with an expensive paperweight. Try to find the American made one you like the best, and buy that and not look back!  :) 
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams