Home Main Category Hunting

Game Camera Pics - Pitch in!

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,332 Senior Member
    Yard Art

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,435 Senior Member

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,826 Senior Member

Game on camera, 1st grouse with the Jframe and some birdshot. Riding out to my stand to retrieve my heater and propane and my gear, grouse boogied off the trail and I stopped and attempted a shot and the plastic shot cup bound up my cylinder and it would not fire and could not open the cylinder, banged the butt of the pistol against the heel of my hand a few times and am able to swing out the cylinder. I inspect each round and drop them back in and try again, the grouse had ducked behind a spruce and got tired of waiting and peaked out to see what I was doing at about 10yds, bang, grouse for the smoker. 

Deer season BLEW this year, son #3 felt ill the monday night after the first weekend, thought it was allergies since it was warmed up and all the snow we had melted, Tuesday by noon he felt like crap so we shut it down at work and off for a Covid-19 test which was positive, found out 5 days later, did not matter since we had to quarantine the rest of our rifle season, 2 weeks of lost income sucks but nobody had serious symptoms thank God, today was day 13 of my quarantine and my son was the only one that developed symptoms, I drove up 4 hrs to grab my gear, since everyone else was bailing out from deer camp in the AM, grabbed my stuff and drove back 4 hrs, hopefully muzzleloading is a better season 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,064 Senior Member
    Sorry your season was a bust, but glad your all OK
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Good shooting. Sorry about the rest. 
    Pretty much SOP for 2020, thanks guys.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,245 Senior Member
    Yeah, that’s a tough one for deer season. One of the reasons I’ve been “camping” in the blind this year is to reduce contact between different circles of people and anyone that may be elderly and or immune compromised. 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Sad news.  One of our Yard Art Deer got hit by a car.  The buck was stove up in the bushes on my next door neighbor’s porch, and the PD came out and put him down (with the cruiser shotgun!), then drug him out to the street for animal control to come pick up:

Unfortunately, since the police were involved, and there was a call to TPWD and animal control, we cant just ‘make him disappear’ without uncomfortable and legal questions being raised.  Texas game laws are pretty strict about this stuff, because people WILL hit deer with a truck just to tag them And eat them.

Such a damn waste.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Yes, that does suck, that is a deer you want passing on his genes.
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 592 Senior Member
    I knew it would have been a good day to be in the stand.

Wasn't of course :)

Dang Scott good luck with the smokepoles 

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,278 Senior Member
    It took me a minute to figure this one out. I first saw the puff of feathers and thought, "WHAT THE HELL???"
    Then I finally figured it out ;)
    I'll see if anyone else comes to the same conclusion

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Hawk/Kestrel taking a dove or some other bird. 
    edited November 2020 #1214
    And in the, WELL THIS SUCKS category.... 
    Since I quit hunting early yesterday, This is about the time I was strapping the wife's 3 point to the carrier on the other field. I missed my chance :rage:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Zee said:
    Hawk/Kestrel taking a dove or some other bird. 
    That's my guess as well. Thinking it MIGHT be the Red Shouldered Hawk I caught on cam 10/17 (See post #1139 on page 38 of this thread)

edited November 2020 #1216
    Had a new doe and dawn show up in the yard the other day. 
    The doe only has 3.5 legs!!  The back left missing below the middle joint. 
    She looks healthy enough. Can’t tell how recent the injury is. I watched her for awhile through my window as I have lights over the feeder. She walks around on 3 legs. Then, puts her half leg down when standing to help balance. The fawn wanders fine and seems healthy as well. 
    I planted 3/4 of my property with winter rye grass and we just had two days of rain. 
    Hopefully they stick around because they will have plenty to eat in a week or so. 

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,018 Senior Member
    Interesting...nature will find a way

Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker said:
    Interesting...nature will find a way

Yep, deer can bee pretty tough.
    Couple of new arrivals early this morning

Panther! :D 

That is funny the difference in the tail sizes, or maybe it is a difference in the rearend size, lol
    Zee said:
    Had a new doe and dawn show up in the yard the other day. 
    The doe only has 3.5 legs!!  The back left missing below the middle joint. 
    She looks healthy enough. Can’t tell how recent the injury is. I watched her for awhile through my window as I have lights over the feeder. She walks around on 3 legs. Then, puts her half leg down when standing to help balance. The fawn wanders fine and seems healthy as well. 
    I planted 3/4 of my property with winter rye grass and we just had two days of rain. 
    Hopefully they stick around because they will have plenty to eat in a week or so. 

I hope you name that one “Tripod”
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Ha!
    She was back this evening. 
    Crazy 88 and Old Man. 

• Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 618 Senior Member
    This one showed up friday morning. I left the stand shortly after 10:00. When i went back sunday evening i checked the camera. Only picture ive got of this paticular buck.
    Ooofffff!
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 618 Senior Member
    Dang responsibilities saved this one. 
    That one's a stud...

MN has a small elk herd, 44 tags issued per year, this gal harvested this bruiser, picture is from the Pioneer Press
    The number of regular does in my front yard is increasing!  We have 6-8 almost every morning and evening. Including the 3.5 legged doe and her fawn. 

This plethora of does is attracting an increasing number of bucks as well!

Ha, where there are girls, there are boys. You and the minions should set up some chicken wire to catch some sheds.

I put a different food block out the other day and the deer LOVE it!!  The old one (left) has been there for months and they pick at it. The new one in the back, they ate a third of it the first night!!