Home Main Category Clubhouse

New knife

RugerFanRugerFan Senior MemberPosts: 2,542 Senior Member
I was bored one day last week, so I decided to look around at some websites. 

I found this knife on Ruger’s website marked down from $99.99 to $24.99. I couldn’t resist. 

It’s made by CRKT. It’s got a good feel to it. The scales are rubber(or neoprene) and are non-slip. The sheath is a pretty heavy nylon and looks well- made. The blade is just under 4.5 inches long. 

Replies

  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Nice, I like it!  
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,340 Senior Member
    Looks like a stout knife. I have several CRKT's, they do quality work.
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 491 Member
    I like that profile.
    I have to admit, I have more of them than a sane person would really need. But some I grab more than others, and that one of yours is similar to my favorite. Nice looking.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,542 Senior Member
    I really like the way it feels in my hand. It’s not light but not heavy either. And I like the blade/point shape. 

    If they’re still available at this price I may get 2 more for my sons. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,749 Senior Member
    Good looking knife, even better if it balances in the hand and keeps its edge
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,684 Senior Member
    CRKT makes solid blades. That looks like a right handy knife. 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,542 Senior Member
    Guess I need to kill a deer so I can try it out. 
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,000 Senior Member
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    RugerFan said:
    Guess I need to kill a deer so I can try it out. 
    Science!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,539 Senior Member
    I was looking at that too, good price for sure, I got a bunch of Morakinovs when they were on sale so I could not justify pulling the trigger, good choice.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 26,022 Senior Member
    I like that blade design. Should work well. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    I like that blade design. Should work well. 
    Actually similar to the old "Sharpfinger" knives that you like!
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 26,022 Senior Member
    👍🏻
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 26,022 Senior Member
    And this CRKT “Clever Girl” that I have. 

    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,542 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    RugerFan said:
    Guess I need to kill a deer so I can try it out. 
    Science!
    Yeah, but I don't like skinning out deer anymore. I usually load it in the truck from the woods & go straight to the processor.  Now, virtually no one in the family wants to eat anything but tenderloin. 

    I do need to thin the herd out.  We haven't killed anything in a few years now.  Lack of interest and life gets in the way.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,542 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I was looking at that too, good price for sure, I got a bunch of Morakinovs when they were on sale so I could not justify pulling the trigger, good choice.
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I was looking at that too, good price for sure, I got a bunch of Morakinovs when they were on sale so I could not justify pulling the trigger, good choice.
    I bought myself & and my 2 sons MoraKnives 3-4 years ago.  Haven't used a single one.  I like the feel of the Ruger more than the Mora. 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    And this CRKT “Clever Girl” that I have. 

    NICE!!!!!!!! ❤️
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    RugerFan said:
    GunNut said:
    RugerFan said:
    Guess I need to kill a deer so I can try it out. 
    Science!
    Yeah, but I don't like skinning out deer anymore. I usually load it in the truck from the woods & go straight to the processor.  Now, virtually no one in the family wants to eat anything but tenderloin. 

    I do need to thin the herd out.  We haven't killed anything in a few years now.  Lack of interest and life gets in the way.
    Lend it to Zee.  He’ll have 8 done by Monday 😎
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,539 Senior Member
    RugerFan said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I was looking at that too, good price for sure, I got a bunch of Morakinovs when they were on sale so I could not justify pulling the trigger, good choice.
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I was looking at that too, good price for sure, I got a bunch of Morakinovs when they were on sale so I could not justify pulling the trigger, good choice.
    I bought myself & and my 2 sons MoraKnives 3-4 years ago.  Haven't used a single one.  I like the feel of the Ruger more than the Mora. 
    The Mora's are in all of the vehicles, have not actually used one yet.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,656 Senior Member
    Its immediately obvious how the "Clever Girl" got its name - and for some unfathomable reason, I want one. Bad. You guys are a bad influence...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Its immediately obvious how the "Clever Girl" got its name - and for some unfathomable reason, I want one. Bad. You guys are a bad influence...
    I was wondering how many would get that... 😁
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,542 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    RugerFan said:
    GunNut said:
    RugerFan said:
    Guess I need to kill a deer so I can try it out. 
    Science!
    Yeah, but I don't like skinning out deer anymore. I usually load it in the truck from the woods & go straight to the processor.  Now, virtually no one in the family wants to eat anything but tenderloin. 

    I do need to thin the herd out.  We haven't killed anything in a few years now.  Lack of interest and life gets in the way.
    Lend it to Zee.  He’ll have 8 done by Monday 😎
    😂😂. Ain’t  that the truth!!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,656 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    Its immediately obvious how the "Clever Girl" got its name - and for some unfathomable reason, I want one. Bad. You guys are a bad influence...
    I was wondering how many would get that... 😁
    Its even the right shape.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,983 Senior Member
    I love sharp, pointy things.....good score!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,542 Senior Member
    RugerFan said:
    I really like the way it feels in my hand. It’s not light but not heavy either. And I like the blade/point shape. 

    If they’re still available at this price I may get 2 more for my sons. 
    Bought another one for son #2. Bought a Ruger CRKT folder for #1. 

    #2 hunts. #1 doesn’t anymore. 
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    I've been a fan of CRKT since Russell's catalog first started selling them, years ago.  The one you just bought is a really sharp (!) looking one that should last you until you're too old to lift it!  And the price you paid represents absolute theft!  I have a German-made two-blade folder, and the leather sheath for it cost more than $24.99!  Unbelievable deal!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,542 Senior Member
    The price is the reason I bought it. 
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement