Home Main Category Clubhouse

Good movie to watch

2»

Replies

• Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,412 Senior Member
    Just started watching season 4 of Fargo.  Pretty good but only a couple episodes in.
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Just started watching season 4 of Fargo.  Pretty good but only a couple episodes in.
    Have you watched the movie of the same name?  I watched that the other day, and enjoyed it.  It's based on true events.  After watching it, I believed that to be the case.  No one could make something up like that.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    Have you watched the movie of the same name?  I watched that the other day, and enjoyed it.  It's based on true events.  After watching it, I believed that to be the case.  No one could make something up like that.

The movie is not based on true events.  It was stated so at the beginning of the movie, but that was just a ploy of the Cohen brothers to add authenticity.  Great movie.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 715 Senior Member
    UNHINGED with Russel Crowe will keep you watching. He is very convincing in his role as deranged psychotic lunatic. It’s actually disturbing that the actions of the movie are very possible.
    Wife and I rented Unhinged last night. One word describes this movie, “disturbing “!  My wife had her head hidden in the blankets during parts of it. Overall it was a truly awful movie. Don’t waist time renting it

next to make movie night even worse we watched The Kitchen. I remember when the previews came out this one looks promising, oh no no, we went 0 for 2 last night. 

Oh well we’ll find something good tonight I hope!
    Ill have to disagree on the movie being truly awful. I can agree with your wife on calling it disturbing. Russell Crowe played that part very well. The movie done what i want a movie to do. That is to keep me watching and it succeeded in that aspect. 
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,045 Senior Member
    Speaking of Mel Gibson... I watched “Fatman” on Sunday.  I had heard that this twisted Christmas movie was one of the worst movies ever made.  So... I had to watch it.

All the stuff I had heard was wrong.  It was actually a really fun movie to watch- from the right frame.  This is like a violent, dark view on a Hallmark Channel/ Disney TV “Oh no!  Christmas is in danger, and no one can save it!” Type movie.  Except Santa is a had drinking, 1911 carrying, disillusioned, bitter and burned out man... the ‘bad kid’ that needs to learn “the true meaning of Christmas” is truly evil.... and there is a hit man sent to kill Santa.

Walton Goggins plays a great cold hearted hit man with a grudge against Santa, and Gibson is a perfect casting for Santa.  The gun stuff is very well done (the sounds done for a black-powder Colt Walker against a 1911 is pretty damn correct), and the suppressed M4 and Beretta 92 are realistic, and not Hollywood “pfft!”.

Anyway- it’s worth a watch.  If nothing else to be a counterpoint to whatever Hallmark crap the wife is watching
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,412 Senior Member
    The movie was great.  We've got the last two episodes.  I can't remember which season of Fargo it was, but the one with Billy Bob Thorton being the hit man was pure greatness.  If you haven't watch that season, it's well worth it if you can find it online!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
    I watch the first episode of "The Last Kingdom" last night.  It's fiction based on historic events, as far as I can tell.  It's about the Danish Viking invasion of England in the 9th or 10th century.  So far, I like what I've seen.
    Jerry

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,502 Senior Member
    I watch the first episode of "The Last Kingdom" last night.  It's fiction based on historic events, as far as I can tell.  It's about the Danish Viking invasion of England in the 9th or 10th century.  So far, I like what I've seen.
    Good series!! I've watched the entire three seasons, hope there's more coming!!
    Big Al1 said:
    Good series!! I've watched the entire three seasons, hope there's more coming!!
    Good to know.  Thanks!
    Jerry