Home Main Category Clubhouse

COVID

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 8,395 Senior Member
Got my first covid shot Saturday!! Everything went smooth and no real side effects. I'll just be glad when that third arm finally grows in so I won't need anybody to hold my beer!!  B)

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,965 Senior Member
    Waiting to hear when I get mine. I am a little skeptical, but going to get it
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,864 Senior Member
    My sister-in-law is in healthcare and was one of the first to get the vaccine here.  She had a couple of days of side effects -fever, ‘the trots’, and aches and pain- after the first injection.

My Mother in law had her first injection on Thursday.  No side effects.

It seems that the Vaccine is like COVID.  No rhyme or reason as to who has a bad time, and who doesn’t.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,395 Senior Member
    Wife got a headache and a stiff neck, slept for about a day and all good!!
  • VirginiaHunterVirginiaHunter Posts: 7 New Member
    My physical therapist just got his second shot and said the only reaction he had was a little tired            so he slept well the day after getting the vaccine shot
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    We could all use a good shot in the arm.....
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,841 Senior Member
    By the time the endangered get theirs, then the elites get theirs, enough time will have passed for me to have a pretty good idea of its dangers, if any.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,395 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    If someone wants the vaccine, I'm all for them getting it.

Personally, I'll pass for now. 
    I'll wait until it's had more time for others to be the guinnea pigs 
    It was the lesser of two evils, get the shot or listen to the wife nag about it!! Shot shut her up, at least until the next "crisis"!!
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    edited January 2021 #9
    knitepoet said:
    If someone wants the vaccine, I'm all for them getting it.

Personally, I'll pass for now. 
    I'll wait until it's had more time for others to be the guinnea pigs 
    Same. I tested pos. for the WuFlu last month. Slight headache for a week along with metal-mouth and minor cold-like symptoms.  Feel fine now. Weird how it affects people so differently. I'll pass on the frankenvac.

ETA-

Strange how I should have been hit hard with it with my pre-existing lung issues. I have been taking Zinc along with vitamin A, C, and D without fail since June, so maybe that helped ward off the full brunt of it.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,600 Senior Member
    My wife tested positive today. And she has shingles. She felt bad yesterday, ran a fever last night close to 101. But, no fever today. Doctor gave her a script for an inhaler and a list of OTC meds and supplements to take. Unfortunately zinc is as hard to find around here as ammo. 

I’m quarantined until 1/29. No symptoms so far. Will try to teach/monitor classes online if the internet will let me. Which will be doubtful with both of us trying to use the internet at the same time
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,882 Senior Member
    Look for Natures Bounty "Immune 24 Hour" it's a respiratory system booster that contains vitamins C, D, & Zinc
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    edited January 2021 #12
    The doctor gave her a list of what to buy and the amounts. She was able to get some of it at  Walgreens but I had to get the rest at Dollar General. I bought enough groceries and stuff tonight to last us several days. One son lives in the same town as us so he can bring us stuff if we need anything. 

I had bought some D3 and a C w/ 10 mg of zinc combo last week. The pharmacist said to take 50 mg of zinc but the doctor told her 220 mg. My wife looked it up and everything she read said 40 mg. It may have been mcg instead of mg. 
    Chiro, pm sent
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    They're still not offering the vaccine anywhere in my county. No hospital here, and no where to do the cold storage thing even if there was one. No county that is giving the shots adjacent to us  will take residents from our county until they've inoculated all their residents. I guess we're on our own.  So I'm safe, for now.  :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    I just got tested: Rapid and PCR. 

Rapid was negative. Won’t get the other results for 5-7 days. 

I feel fine. Wife is tired but otherwise seems to be ok. 
    Got the results of my PCR test through email late last night: negative!

still no symptoms. Wife is ok. She’s had a low grade fever the last 2 evenings and coughing. Fortunately, that’s all. 
    RugerFan said:
    Got the results of my PCR test through email late last night: negative!

still no symptoms. Wife is ok. She’s had a low grade fever the last 2 evenings and coughing. Fortunately, that’s all. 
    Hope that is as bad as it gets for your wife.  Best of luck
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited January 2021 #20
    She told me later this morning that she doesn’t feel good. She didn’t elaborate and I didn’t ask. Last time I did I got my head bit off :)

still working online. 
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,064 Senior Member
    Received our first Pfizer shot today, no issues as of yet.
    Shot was very uncomfortable going in----I think the nurse used a cork screw needle.
    Clean had no issue with that.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,431 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Received our first Pfizer shot today, no issues as of yet.
    Shot was very uncomfortable going in----I think the nurse used a cork screw needle.
    Clean had no issue with that.
    Seems it's the second dose of the Pfizer that is causing some issues. we got the Pfizer and while hardly anyone at my hospital reacted to the first dose, quite a few did to the second. Minor 
     symptoms were headache and muscle soreness on up to full blown flu like symptoms for a couple days.

My parents took one Tuesday. Idk which one, but they haven’t had any problems 
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,064 Senior Member
    Clean is now tired and slept much this afternoon in her chair and has a sore arm.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Bad news for us; no vaccines whatsoever due to catastrophic negotiations of the stupid pinkos in charge and will probably have to wait until 2022 for doses for those not 1st. responders, whom by the way will be eventually getting the dreadful chinese ones, the only one we were able to scrounge worldwide (just 900,000 doses).

Because of this and the HUGE increase of sick people that has AGAIN collapsed the ICUs and left no space in hospitals, nor medicinal oxigen they're throwing us back into strict quarantine, so had to run to the supermarket to stash on TP, dog food and provisions for 2 weeks. Luckily we're in a seaside gated community with almost no law enforcement around us so at least we'll be able to take walks and short discrete beach visits with the girls.

Will probably reach 120,000 deaths until February in a population of 30 million, and according to local experts despite the new severe restrictions the pest is already out of control and number of deaths will increase exponentially. Some people are already talking about a military coup to overthrow the useless idiots "in charge" (We've gone through 3 administrations in 4 years due to corruption scandals) but I think that such extreme measure won't solve a lot.

Antonio said:
    Bad news for us; no vaccines whatsoever due to catastrophic negotiations of the stupid pinkos in charge and will probably have to wait until 2022 for doses for those not 1st. responders, whom by the way will be eventually getting the dreadful chinese ones, the only one we were able to scrounge worldwide (just 900,000 doses).

Because of this and the HUGE increase of sick people that has AGAIN collapsed the ICUs and left no space in hospitals, nor medicinal oxigen they're throwing us back into strict quarantine, so had to run to the supermarket to stash on TP, dog food and provisions for 2 weeks. Luckily we're in a seaside gated community with almost no law enforcement around us so at least we'll be able to take walks and short discrete beach visits with the girls.

Will probably reach 120,000 deaths until February in a population of 30 million, and according to local experts despite the new severe restrictions the pest is already out of control and number of deaths will increase exponentially. Some people are already talking about a military coup to overthrow the useless idiots "in charge" (We've gone through 3 administrations in 4 years due to corruption scandals) but I think that such extreme measure won't solve a lot.

Brother stay away from everyone and run when you can
    Please keep you and your family safe
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Thanks Ron, will do.