Home Main Category General Firearms

Tomcat Covert

Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior MemberPosts: 1,569 Senior Member
I put in a fair bid on Gunbroker and won some myself a Beretta Tomcat Covert.  When the ATF finally approves my stamp, I’ll be ready to take up my post as 0077.

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Who makes the best tuxedo?
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,569 Senior Member
    Who makes the best tuxedo?
    Wal-Mart
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Oh man, that pistol deserves better duds than that.....

Does London Fog make suits?
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,985 Senior Member
    I'd be interested in your range report. I've found the TomCat to be a very nasty pistol to shoot, never mind the frame cracking issue (which was supposedly fixed, or at least mitigated).
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba said:
    I'd be interested in your range report. I've found the TomCat to be a very nasty pistol to shoot, never mind the frame cracking issue (which was supposedly fixed, or at least mitigated).
    Now I have to find ammo for it.  
    zorba said:
    Now I have to find ammo for it.  

I'm getting low on .32 as well. Shot 150 rds through 3 different .32 handguns - including a TomCat - last week!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,205 Senior Member
    Interesting, especially with a can, should be a good range report.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Jeez!!!  Everyone is getting cool toys this week!
    My baby - I even sourced a box of ammo.

Hey just noticed.  When did they start putting thumb safeties on those???
    GunNut said:
    Hey just noticed.  When did they start putting thumb safeties on those???
    They always had them - but they used to be smaller...

)O(
    Ha!  I remember their single action little pistols having them, never noticed their double actions had them..... and I used to own one.  Actually one of each 🤣
    I'm yakking about the TomCat *only* - dunno about any others! I have the "original" TomCat - that cracked after 250 rds fired!

)O(
    zorba said:
    I'm yakking about the TomCat *only* - dunno about any others! I have the "original" TomCat - that cracked after 250 rds fired!
    Oh I’m sure you’re correct.  My statement is a testament (or admission) of my failing memory 🤣
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    Oh I’m sure you’re correct.  My statement is a testament (or admission) of my failing memory 🤣
    They say the memory is the second thing to go. I can't remember what the first is!

)O(
    zorba said:
    Did they fix it for you?
  • RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 329 Member
    zorba said:

My 21A Bobcat 22LR has the safety. It's left side only and half the size. Dates back to 1994.
    edited February 2021 #19
    zorba said:
    Did they fix it for you?
    Nope. By that time, they had quit fixing/replacing cracked TomCats. The "InOx" version like Fester has supposedly doesn't have the cracking problem. Puts a damper on the whole brand, never mind that model! With that said, "Internet sources" claim the crack is a non-issue and to go ahead and shoot it anyway. I did that just a couple of weeks ago, put another 50 rounds through it without issue. Your Mileage May Vary and all that.

)O(
    Rafterman said:
    zorba said:

My 21A Bobcat 22LR has the safety. It's left side only and half the size. Dates back to 1994.
    Yea, my TomCat is from 1999, and has the half sized safety as well, although the Altamont grips I have on it have the cut out for the full sized version.

)O(