Home Main Category Clubhouse

Stopping by for a bit

RimfireRimfire Senior MemberPosts: 849 Senior Member
It has been awhile (years) since I was last here. I finally have time to pursue hobbies again. Kids, Life, Work, and Volunteering got busy the last few years. Things have settled down; kids are approaching their next stages in life; I've stopped my volunteering efforts after 6+ years; and I'm finally in a gig where I'm not working 24/7.

Health-wise things got bad there for a little while but are mostly resolved now. The eyes have fully stabilized as the root cause (same family of disease as Rheumatoid Arthritis) has been identified and being treated. I had a heart ablation procedure done recently that appears to have resolved my heart issue. I'm out walking 3+ miles most days now with plans to lose weight and actually run a race.

Our daughter is graduating college in the spring and has a job & guy lined up.  Our son is graduating high school in the spring; working on his Eagle Scout project; and has started pilot lessons along with his mother. The wife & I are planning our next stage (early retirement) now.

I've stopped all my volunteering efforts as they were getting to be a fulltime job and added stress unnecessarily. Sorry Vic, I no longer have access to that range. So now I have time to do what I want, but with the pandemic, the DC situation, and the ammo situation I don't know how frequently I'll be getting out. One of my goals this year is to get out to a range with Vic, LMLarsen, C.H., and the VA/MD/DC group.

Can't really say if I acquired anything new since the last time I was here. But I have accessorized my CMR-30 and plan to take some squirrel and rabbit at my dad's place this year.
G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.

Replies