Home Main Category General Firearms

REALLY nice muffs at a great price!

GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
Every once in a while Midway looses their collective minds and they put the Walkers Ultimate Digital Quad Connect muffs with Bluetooth on a stupid sale.  

Thy are active electronic muffs and the quality of the sound is fantastic and with 4 microphones your ability to make out the direction of sounds coming at you is greatly enhanced!  They also fold nice and compact!

They are on sale right now at $79, they are usually about $179.  They work great and pair with your phone which is nice when you’re shooting and don’t want to miss a call from the missus or you want to blast some tunes while you shoot.   

They’ve become my go to muff and I’ve bought several as spares.  I’m probably going to order one more pair at this price.

If you need a new pair the pricing never gets better than this.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101712898?pid=174248

Replies

• RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 326 Member
    The last time you mentioned these they went off sale before I could act. Been waiting since then. Thanks buddy.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,970 Senior Member
    How's the durability? I've been downright abusive to my MSA Sordins and they haven't skipped a beat. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    How's the durability? I've been downright abusive to my MSA Sordins and they haven't skipped a beat. 
    These are with me all the time and I’m not gentle.  I throw them through the window into my car.  They roll around the back when I toss my gear in.  They are usually hanging outside my bags, not in them.

I’ve dropped them in the dirt and concrete garage floor a bunch of times.  Not just me but they are the favored muffs of many of the trainers at work.  Batteries last a loooooong time too!  Never heard of one pair quitting
    Bump one more time. Still on crazy sale.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,349 Senior Member
    edited March 2021 #6
    I ordered a pair of the ones you linked to last weekend. My Razors were still working fine, but the ear cups had become hard and flat and no longer sealed well. The main complaint I had against them. The ear cups didn't last all that long (if you consider a few years and probably 500-1000 hours on the range "not long") Then I noticed Midway sells gel ear cups for them for less than $14. I gave my old pair of Razors to the girl I'm dating to use when she has to qual for work and I ordered 2 pairs of the gel ear cups. One pair for her, the other for me. If they won't fit my new ones, I'll put them on my dad's old Razors and use those for rifle and/or shotgun shooting. Less bulky.

The only other complaint I have on Walkers is they don't have auto shutoff. I kill batteries regularly, just because I forget to turn them off. My fault. But it would be nice if they had auto shutoff for forgetful people like me.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,349 Senior Member
    BTW, you also reminded me I needed to order more Glock mags a couple weeks ago. Think you could stop making me spend money some time soon?!!!  :D
    Jay said:
    BTW, you also reminded me I needed to order more Glock mags a couple weeks ago. Think you could stop making me spend money some time soon?!!!  :D
    Nope… 😁
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,573 Senior Member
    Got mine today.  They seem to work well, on silent they shut out and on amplify work like hearing aids.  They're tight to my large head, I'll have to work on adjusting them.  My old muffs got brittle and not working so well for the muffs.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Gene L said:
    Got mine today.  They seem to work well, on silent they shut out and on amplify work like hearing aids.  They're tight to my large head, I'll have to work on adjusting them.  My old muffs got brittle and not working so well for the muffs.
    I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the sale.  They are tight when you first get them, but they'll open up with use.
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,902 Senior Member
    I wanted a set of those for a while but didn't want to spend the money. A couple of weeks ago they had some of the regular electronic muffs on sale so I bought a pair and so now they put these on sale. That's my luck.
    edited March 2021 #12
    I wanted a set of those for a while but didn't want to spend the money. A couple of weeks ago they had some of the regular electronic muffs on sale so I bought a pair and so now they put these on sale. That's my luck.
    Happens to me all the time... I usually fix that by buying new and giving my old ones to my wife or kids.  Everyone wins! 🤣
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,902 Senior Member
    My wife told me to go ahead and get them just to wear when I am running noisy equipment but I haven't yet.
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 849 Senior Member
    I'm not back 2 weeks and he's got me spending my money.  Enzo's struck again.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
    My wife told me to go ahead and get them just to wear when I am running noisy equipment but I haven't yet.
    She’s a good wife 😁
    Rimfire said:
    I'm not back 2 weeks and he's got me spending my money.  Enzo's struck again.
    Ha!  It’s my full time job here...
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,927 Senior Member
    Still on sale. I didn't need Bluetooth so I bought these.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019751268?pid=824786
    rberglof said:
    Still on sale. I didn't need Bluetooth so I bought these.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019751268?pid=824786
    That’s a great deal!  That’s about what their Slim Razors normally go for!
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,927 Senior Member
    I will try them out in about a week, haven't forgot about the report on my black powder conversion just need the weather and time to come together.