Home Main Category General Firearms

New front sight for the G44.

ZeeZee Senior MemberPosts: 24,919 Senior Member
Got tired of the Glock .22lr that I’ve been carrying at the ranch lately having only factory sights. So, I put a HiViz Fiber Optic front sight in it this evening and got it sighted in at 10 yards. 

I do love this front sight. Wish they made one for the G43. But, I’ve ordered a different HiViz set for my G43. Should be here this week. 
Even let the boy go through a Mag with the G44 after I sighted it in. 
Home ranges rule!

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

Replies

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,496 Senior Member
    That IS nice.  Might have to give some thought to getting a couple sets for the  Advantage Arms conversion kits we have at work.  On the one hand, you want 'em to look like the "real" sights.  On the other a set of steadily decaying tritiums on a seldom-use training aid makes NO sense.

(Is there any drug more addictive than .22LR?)
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,378 Senior Member
    I like those sights a lot 👍
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,919 Senior Member
    They are a favorite. 
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,082 Senior Member
    Well, the home range backstop does not look like swiss cheese, yet :* . I like the sight picture, what did the kiddo think, an improvement?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    I’m sure. 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,937 Senior Member
    edited April 5 #7
    They are outstanding sights!!!  I just installed one n the 17 and as soon as I have a little more depth in the gun fund I’m ordering them for all the training 44s too.  Won’t play with factory Glock sights anymore.

Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

They offer a lot for the cost. 
    edited April 5 #9
    Bigslug said:
    That IS nice.  Might have to give some thought to getting a couple sets for the  Advantage Arms conversion kits we have at work.  On the one hand, you want 'em to look like the "real" sights.  On the other a set of steadily decaying tritiums on a seldom-use training aid makes NO sense.

(Is there any drug more addictive than .22LR?)
    I even put one on my refurbished MPDC Gen 2 G17 I acquired back in 1995!  The night sights were faded and dull. Needed a replacement. Put a HiViz front sight on today and with the dull rear sight, it’s like a blacked out rear and FO front. Makes the front stand out like crazy!  Just what I want. 

edited April 5 #10
    After all these years, it’s still one of my favorite Glocks. 

Not bad for a Kitchen Gun. 
    Zee said:
    They offer a lot for the cost. 
    Probably best value out there and built like a brick outhouse.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

The biggest attribute for them is the ability to focus on the target under most any light you can actually SEE the target and they still stand out as enough of a glowing orb to shoot fast and accurately. 

In my job, night sights have actually become a detriment. Getting close and being sneaky has actually caused me to have to cover up the glowing rear sight of my handgun to avoid detection from the target. 
    Zee said:
    The biggest attribute for them is the ability to focus on the target under most any light you can actually SEE the target and they still stand out as enough of a glowing orb to shoot fast and accurately. 

In my job, night sights have actually become a detriment. Getting close and being sneaky has actually caused me to have to cover up the glowing rear sight of my handgun to avoid detection from the target. 
    Sneaking up on mom in your basement is becoming dangerous isn’t it...  :D