Home Main Category General Firearms

I need a new holster

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 11,378 Senior Member
Sig P365
IWB worn at 3:30.  Never Appendix 
Looking for a holster that is as thin as possible and add no length to the gun.
Current holster is too thick.  Would prefer leather or a soft material, but Kydex is not out of the question. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Hopefully I wont add another shoe box of holsters I don't like to my stash.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,937 Senior Member
    Thin=Kydex. I’m really happy with my Alien Gear and it’s super comfortable but it might be too much and too hot for FL.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,378 Senior Member
    edited April 3 #3
    GunNut said:
    Thin=Kydex. I’m really happy with my Alien Gear and it’s super comfortable but it might be too much and too hot for FL.
    You are right.  Have one in the box and it is great until you walk out of the A/C
    It is one that comes out of the holster box a couple times a year on a cooler day
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,720 Senior Member
    Kydex is your friend. There are a ton of good holster makers out there, some really bad... safariland 5196’s are some of my recent favorites. 

Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    Until recently I hated Kydex holsters IWB but as I’m getting used to them I’m starting to appreciate their simplicity and the fact they don’t get “soggy” with sweat on hot days.  They are never as comfortable as a leather holster but if you find something with a minimum of sharp edges they can be Ok.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,720 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Until recently I hated Kydex holsters IWB but as I’m getting used to them I’m starting to appreciate their simplicity and the fact they don’t get “soggy” with sweat on hot days.  They are never as comfortable as a leather holster but if you find something with a minimum of sharp edges they can be Ok.
    Back in the dark ages of police work when concealed products weren’t really that available I came up with a solution. I took an uncle Mike’s and epoxied Velcro to it and attached it to my second chance 2a vest. I was carrying a Kimber custom compact (man I wish I had that one back) I had a leather one but as the nut job said it soaked up sweat and starred to eat the gun! the kydex version did not. I was ahead of the curve on the way I carried it, and caught a ton of crap from the old officers. 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,849 Senior Member
    I've been rocking Tenicor for several years and love them. 

- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    This Bkackpoint is on eBay right now with a starting bid if only $16 and just under 8 hours to go, and that’s a CHEAP price.  Black point makes nice stuff and they’re usually pricey.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sig-Black-Point-Holster-/154392501253?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,438 Senior Member
    edited April 3 #9
    Diver43 said:
    Sig P365
    Current holster is too thick.  Would prefer leather or a soft material, but Kydex is not out of the question. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Hopefully I wont add another shoe box of holsters I don't like to my stash.

PM me and I’ll ship you one of these for the price of shipping.  (Shouldn’t be much).  I sold my P365 and forgot to sell the holster with it. I like the holster but sold the pistol because I like my G43 better.

My G43 has the same holster and my G19 has the OWB version.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,437 Senior Member
    Have you tried a Remora?  

RugerFan said:
    Have you tried a Remora?  

Had the same suggestion in a text. Giving it serious thought
    Diver43 said:
    Sig P365

PM me and I’ll ship you one of these for the price of shipping.  (Shouldn’t be much).  I sold my P365 and forgot to sell the holster with it. I like the holster but sold the pistol because I like my G43 better.

Diver43 said:
    Sig P365

HA
    I sold my 43 to get the 365. Loved the gun. But couldn't shoot it straight
    PM 
    Forthcoming 
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,728 Senior Member
    edited April 4 #13
    I bought the Remora on Rugerfan's suggestion and it works. I bought it for my CW45 but fit was a little loose but it fit my double stack 9mm perfectly.
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 790 Senior Member
    Check out Crossbreed holsters, they are a combination leather/kydex. I use the minituck and supertuck 
    Check out Crossbreed holsters, they are a combination leather/kydex. I use the minituck and supertuck 
    I like the theory behind the crossbreed holster.  One of our ex forum brothers made his own version some called the chrisbreed.  If everyday was like today (high of 73 today) I would order one  but even in winter we get up in the 80s mist days and 90s in summer.  They just take up too much realestate against my skin to be comfortable. Pretty much the same for some by aliengear
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    I use an IWB rig from Raw Dog Tactical.  I've had it for years, and I can wear it year-round.  It has a leather backing and a kydex shell.  I wear it at 8:30.

Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
    Diver43 said:
    Sig P365

https://www.rawdogtactical.com/defender-pro-series/

@[email protected]"Uncle Fester"  You have PM.  Don't know what happened to the first one
  • terry91ggateroosterry91ggateroos Posts: 1 New Member
    Anything kydex in my opinion