Home Main Category General Firearms

Fun Sticks - Glock Mags

Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior MemberPosts: 1,440 Senior Member
edited March 30 in General Firearms #1
To feed the Ruger PC Carbine, I bought some extended Glock magazines:

1) 27 Round Magpul - feels the most sturdy.  Since I have had good luck with their G19 mags, I expect it to perform reliably.

2) Clear ETS - definitely feels fragile.  I would not trust my life to it without even firing it.  The angled baseplate makes it more difficult to load with MagLula

3) I have never tried this brand before,  it terms of fit and feel, it appears comparable to Magpul Mags.  34 standard rounds is the most of the three.  Has the PITA angled baseplate of the ETS.

To fill them up, I used my last batch of cheap, factory range ammo.  Time to load up some of the cheap plated bullets I have held in reserve.  

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,961 Senior Member
    👍🏻
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,980 Senior Member

Thanks for the review.  I don't see a brand on option #3?

I haven't heard anything bad about MagPul.  I might have to buy a few to run on the 17 and the AR Pistol.  They are very reasonable, even buying local at Academy.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,440 Senior Member
    GunNut said:

Thanks for the review.  I don't see a brand on option #3?

I haven't heard anything bad about MagPul.  I might have to buy a few to run on the 17 and the AR Pistol.  They are very reasonable, even buying local at Academy.
    Amend2
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,851 Senior Member
    Based on my experience with three separate 21(?) round ETS mags consistently failing, they are hot trash and not worth the money spent. Seriously, IMO see if the place you got them from has a return policy. Their primary advantage is helping gun bunnies look cool on social media. 

Never had major issues with the 15, 17, nor 21 round MagPul mags. 

I've also been happy with the Dawson +5 mag extensions, but they serve a limited purpose. For the money I'll just buy MagPul 21 rounders in the future. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,961 Senior Member
    For the money I'll just buy MagPul 21 rounders in the future. 
    That’s pretty much what I do. Have some 27 rounders as well, but the 21s mostly. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Based on my experience with three separate 21(?) round ETS mags consistently failing, they are hot trash and not worth the money spent. Seriously, IMO see if the place you got them from has a return policy. Their primary advantage is helping gun bunnies look cool on social media. 

Never had major issues with the 15, 17, nor 21 round MagPul mags. 

I've also been happy with the Dawson +5 mag extensions, but they serve a limited purpose. For the money I'll just buy MagPul 21 rounders in the future. 
    Zee said:
    For the money I'll just buy MagPul 21 rounders in the future. 
    That’s pretty much what I do. Have some 27 rounders as well, but the 21s mostly. 
    So those run as well as Glock mags?

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,851 Senior Member
    I have a friend who does a lot of professional "looking for trouble" who won't use them on duty, citing the occasional failure to lock back as causing him concern, especially with the 21 rounders. 

I personally have had no issues, and sometimes a Magpul 15 rounder ends up in my carry gun. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    Good to know.   Thanks!

Just bought 4 black Glock 17 Gen 5 OEM mags from the ONLY folks that had any in stock and they had a 5 mag limit.  Still some FDE and Coyote still available here and there but not many and dwindling supply.  Folks in restricted states are buying every 10 rounder being made, even used ones…  

• BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Shortages and immediate needs aside, Glock factory mags are still the defacto standard. In the AR world, Magpul makes arguably some of the best magazines, but that’s because there isn’t a defacto factory AR 15 magazine.

For the extra few $$$’s all my G20, G22, G23, and G19 mags are from Glock. AIM Surplus occasionally sells used LEO / range magazines and that’s when I load up.
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester: