Home Main Category Clubhouse

TennMike has passed

2»

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,814 Senior Member
    edited April 8 #32
    I made the trip up to his house in TN to see him 2 or 3 times, besides seeing him at the SE Shoots and once he stopped by the house on the way through.

I pity those of you who only knew him through online interactions. While he was something special here online, in person he was all this and a WHOLE lot more.

He and I both knew, If either of us really needed the other, but could wait the 3-4 hours it takes to make the trip, he'd be there for me, and I'd be there for him

And if me, Mike and Alec got together, you'd best watch out... shenanigans were sure to follow 
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 888 Senior Member
    very sad indeed.  RIP Mike.

The Navy Hymn

Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,135 Senior Member
    Mikel was always a lot of fun to hang around with. He has been fighting this cancer for a few years now and I know he was fighting like heck. We lost a good man today. I am going to miss him.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,150 Senior Member
    Damn. I liked him. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    I'll post here what I posted on FB.

It's both strange and natural at the same time to call a man "friend" whom you've never met.  

Until we meet again for the first time, old friend. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 868 Senior Member
    We are poorer for the loss of Mike, I'm so very sad that I never got to meet him in person, he was a hoot to PM with and a wealth of knowledge.
    Mike and Rich (woodsrunner) were my two favourite people on this forum, I miss them both.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,740 Senior Member
    Rest in peace Mike, you will be missed.
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 1,151 Senior Member
    Truly sorry to read of TennMike's passing.
    The flight was uneventful, which is what one wants when one is transporting an Elephant.
     Reuters, Dec 2020.
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,159 Senior Member
    RIP Peace Mike, I never had the chance to meet you, prayers to his family for peace and understanding!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
    edited April 9 #41

FYI !!!!!

I spoke with his nephew Tony, who is flying up to make the arrangements. He said he is going to try and have the service for him 4/18 if anyone is interested in attending.

I'll post any additional information when I get it.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,885 Senior Member
    The first time I met him he talked with me like we were old friends. I was looking forward to seeing him again. RIP TennMike 
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 750 Senior Member
    Damn man. I come back to see this news. Talk about a kick in the nuts. I really enjoyed his presence here on the forum and loved the level of creativity he offered as a machinist and gunsmith as well. This is a major hit for all. 
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,210 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    I made the trip up to his house in TN to see him 2 or 3 times, besides seeing him at the SE Shoots and once he stopped by the house on the way through.

I pity those of you who only knew him through online interactions. While he was something special here online, in person he was all this and a WHOLE lot more.

He and I both knew, If either of us really needed the other, but could wait the 3-4 hours it takes to make the trip, he'd be there for me, and I'd be there for him

And if me, Mike and Alec got together, you'd best watch out... shenanigans were sure to follow 
    Oh, to have been a fly on the wall when you three got together!  The four of us combined would have tripped alarms on law enforcement computer screens for miles around!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • Lt.Lt. New Member Posts: 55 Member
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 544 Senior Member
    Such a great loss to all of us, I regret never having met him personally, but will always think of him as a friend. Rest in peace Mike. Our loss is Heaven's gain...
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    RIP my brother. Fair winds and following seas.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Found this pic from 2013

Back row: TennMike, myself, Teach and Orchidman
    Hawken in the w/c

• BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 347 Member
    One of those guys that treated you like you have been friends forever from the first time he met you.  We should all aspire to be like mike"

May he Rest in Peace.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,309 Senior Member
    BamaakII said:
    One of those guys that treated you like you have been friends forever from the first time he met you.  We should all aspire to be like mike"

May he Rest in Peace.
    That’s probably the best description of Mike I’ve heard.  The first time I ever met him he treated me like we’ve know each other for decades!   I will always miss that first smile...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”