Home Main Category

Anyone ever make a gun rack in wood shop class

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,296 Senior Member
I remember taking 7th grade wood shop. For our final project we were given a number of things we could make. I chose the six gun gun rack made out of walnut with two ammo draws at the bottom. It turned out awesome. I kept mine and my pops rifles and shotguns in it until I graduated and moved out. Sure wish I had a picture or two of it. No idea what ever became of it. 

Anyone else ever make a gun rack in wood shop class?
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,371 Senior Member
    Didn't build it in wood shop but in my garage when I was maybe 16 or so. Turned out real nice, held 10 long guns and had storage below. Only problem was I made it to big to get up the stairs to my room, a critical mis-calculation on my part. Ended up cutting it in half and re attaching it once moved.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,732 Senior Member
    Made one in shop class...I think I got a "C" on the project, but it held guns and someone in the family still owns it...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,649 Senior Member
    Just a wall rack that held 3 guns, in 7th grade I believe, not sure where it ended up.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,813 Senior Member
    Made one in shop, it must have been pretty good because when I went to get it to take home it was gone. 
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,451 Senior Member
    In jr high I made a BP derringer stock. Never did get the metal parts.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,826 Senior Member
    I actually completed several muzzleloader kits using the buffers and tools available in shop class. My teacher drew the line at Mac10's when he saw me turning the barrels. That was when we brought guns to school to shoot in the basement range and gun racks weren't uncommon in the parking lot.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct