Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

What are the woke folk in Cali going to do now?????

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 8,227 Senior Member
There will be (probably) a lefty running against a republican transgender female who supports Trump (Caitlyn Jenner) for governor.

Let the hand wringing begin.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,833 Senior Member
    Horns and a pointy tail can be affixed to any Trump supporter regardless of cosmopolitan attribution.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,656 Senior Member
    I'd vote for Caitlyn, of course. S/he's apparently not a Democrat - right now, that's all that's needed...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    I suppose it should have occurred to me earlier, but conservatives are going to be faced with the same dilemma.  Will they vote for a transgender female???
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    I suppose it should have occurred to me earlier, but conservatives are going to be faced with the same dilemma.  Will they vote for a transgender female???
    As long as they espouse Republican/Conservative ideals and promise to live up to them, I’d vote for a cow that identified itself as a freaking giraffe...
    GunNut said:
    As long as they espouse Republican/Conservative ideals and promise to live up to them, I’d vote for a cow that identified itself as a freaking giraffe...
    Pretty much this - although I'd rather see Libertarian ideals. I have to laugh at this situation, its time for conservatives to start "walking the walk" so to speak. The Libertarian branch won't have any problems with her/him/it/whatever. The same can't be said certain others who are just as bad as the Marxists

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,833 Senior Member
    Jenner was espousing the party values this morning on tv. I think there'll be a constituency just like Zorbas indication. 

A declaration of separation from Trump along the lines of transgender policy accompanied the statements.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,792 Senior Member
    Ummm. . .yeah.  You all remember this meme?

"Folks keep talkin; about another Civil War.  One side has 8 trillion bullets; the other doesn't know which bathroom to use"

That pretty much cuts to the heart of the matter.  Maybe Jenner IS on the side with the 8 trillion bullets, and maybe that side is OK having her casting the same ballot, but it does NOT mean that side is going to select someone who in their minds couldn't figure out which bathroom to use as their spokeswoman.

Frankly, I am glad that minorities of ANY stripe are realizing that the DNC does NOT have their best interests at heart, and yes, I want them out there loudly calling the DNC on their BS.

That said, I want an election that's about highlighting the issues, not one that's making headlines only because of a candidate's unorthodox choices - as this one assuredly will be.  There will be plenty on BOTH sides who will call this an identity-politics stunt.  And unfortunately, it isn't a path to a Republican victory - the brainwashed lefties will remain immovable and vote against because of her politics, and the righties will stay at home because, in their minds, "The Granola State" already suffers from too many fruits and nuts.

Sorry Cait - we just ain't there yet.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug said:
    That said, I want an election that's about highlighting the issues, not one that's making headlines only because of a candidate's unorthodox choices - as this one assuredly will be.  There will be plenty on BOTH sides who will call this an identity-politics stunt.

Some kind of LGBTEIEIO group is already calling her/him out on just this, unfortunately.

From my perspective, s/he isn't a Dem, and she isn't what I dislike about the GOP either - so I'd vote for "hir" in a heartbeat.

)O(
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,586 Senior Member
    Several pro trans groups have already come out to say that Jenner is not a candidate they will support due to other views they do not agree with.  Dont expect anyone on the left to support Jenner, but instead expect them to sling as much mud as they can.
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,142 Senior Member
    I have a question. If they put pictures of missing kids on milk cartons, if Jenner comes up missing would they put it's face on a bottle of trany fluid?  
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 700 Senior Member
    Freezer said:
    I have a question. If they put pictures of missing kids on milk cartons, if Jenner comes up missing would they put it's face on a bottle of trany fluid?  
    LMAO!!!😂😂. That’s the best thing I’ve ever seen.