Home Main Category General Firearms

I caved to boredom!!

ZeeZee Senior MemberPosts: 25,155 Senior Member
Ordered one of these in .45 ACP!

With a 2.5” barrel, I wanted the widest diameter that wouldn’t make me decide to throw the gun as opposed to shoot it (.45 Colt with hot loads). 

Down the road, I will order a 4.25” barrel in 9mm and .40 S&W. 

Just because. 
"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
«1

Replies

  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,305 Senior Member
    I'll be interested in hearing of your exploits - and seeing your wonderful photographs of it too! I've always fought an internal battle - "this gun is so stupid" vs. "this gun is so stupid that I *have* to have one!".
    You realize that you'll have to range in a bit with this one - maybe even as close as 1,500 yards? ;)
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,155 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I'll be interested in hearing of your exploits - and seeing your wonderful photographs of it too! I've always fought an internal battle - "this gun is so stupid" vs. "this gun is so stupid that I *have* to have one!".
    You realize that you'll have to range in a bit with this one - maybe even as close as 1,500 yards? ;)
    Let’s just assume I’ll push it until I can’t hit the target. 😁
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,454 Senior Member
    They are reputed to be of excellent quality. 

    I have an image in my minds eye of 45 acp's with the translucent blue Speer gel cap full of small shot. I don't know it was actually made or I just conjured it out of the air...... I think they may have been aluminum cased?
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,305 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    zorba said:
    I'll be interested in hearing of your exploits - and seeing your wonderful photographs of it too! I've always fought an internal battle - "this gun is so stupid" vs. "this gun is so stupid that I *have* to have one!".
    You realize that you'll have to range in a bit with this one - maybe even as close as 1,500 yards? ;)
    Let’s just assume I’ll push it until I can’t hit the target. 😁
    That means somewhere around 2,000+ would be my conservative guess! ;) You know you're going to make me want one of these things...

    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,155 Senior Member
    edited May 4 #6
    zorba said:
    Zee said:
    zorba said:
    I'll be interested in hearing of your exploits - and seeing your wonderful photographs of it too! I've always fought an internal battle - "this gun is so stupid" vs. "this gun is so stupid that I *have* to have one!".
    You realize that you'll have to range in a bit with this one - maybe even as close as 1,500 yards? ;)
    Let’s just assume I’ll push it until I can’t hit the target. 😁
    That means somewhere around 2,000+ would be my conservative guess! ;) You know you're going to make me want one of these things...

    Plus or minus 1,990 yards. Give or take. 

    I’ve been playing with my buddies Bond Arms for years. It’s a niche gun I think you need. 
    So do I. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,155 Senior Member
    They are reputed to be of excellent quality. 

    I have an image in my minds eye of 45 acp's with the translucent blue Speer gel cap full of small shot. I don't know it was actually made or I just conjured it out of the air...... I think they may have been aluminum cased?
    They DO have a good reputation. As compared to all the other Derringer manufacturers. My buddies has been reliable for what it is and we’ll made. I’ve wanted one for years. Just decided it was time. 
    A serious defensive tool?  No. A tool none the less. Yes. 

    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,170 Senior Member
    edited May 4 #8
    Fired one years ago a "Davis Derringer" I think in 410, it was quite a handful. My dad had one of the High Standards 22mag Derringers and it was a lot of fun to shot. My brother ended up with it unfortunately. 
      
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,496 Senior Member
    I have been tempted many times.  Kind of thought one in .32 H&R Magnum might be nice.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,155 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    Fired one years ago a "Davis Derringer" I think in 410, it was quite a handful. My dad had one of the High Standards 22mag Derringers and it was a lot of fun to shot. My brother ended up with it unfortunately. 
      
    I have a Davis in .32 ACP that is all but useless terminally.  Cool looking firearm I’d be better off beating you to death with.  
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,155 Senior Member
    There will be distance,
    penetration, and expansion testing done with this barrel. 
    I’ll use the warmer 200gr Speer GD handloads of mine to start with. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,155 Senior Member
    edited May 4 #12
    Diver43 said:
    I have been tempted many times.  Kind of thought one in .32 H&R Magnum might be nice.
    Don’t think they offer that cartridge. 

    One of the cool aspects of this brand. All the offered barrels fit all the models. 

    It’s interchangeable. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,496 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Diver43 said:
    I have been tempted many times.  Kind of thought one in .32 H&R Magnum might be nice.
    Don’t think they offer that cartridge. 

    One of the cool aspects of this brand. All the offered barrels fit all the models. 

    It’s interchangeable. 
    Zee said:
    Diver43 said:
    I have been tempted many times.  Kind of thought one in .32 H&R Magnum might be nice.
    Don’t think they offer that cartridge. 

    One of the cool aspects of this brand. All the offered barrels fit all the models. 

    It’s interchangeable. 
    No they don't.  Just thought the .32 mag might be a decent middle ground of penetration and being able to hang on to it
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,155 Senior Member
    edited May 4 #14
    Diver43 said:
    Zee said:
    Diver43 said:
    I have been tempted many times.  Kind of thought one in .32 H&R Magnum might be nice.
    Don’t think they offer that cartridge. 

    One of the cool aspects of this brand. All the offered barrels fit all the models. 

    It’s interchangeable. 
    Zee said:
    Diver43 said:
    I have been tempted many times.  Kind of thought one in .32 H&R Magnum might be nice.
    Don’t think they offer that cartridge. 

    One of the cool aspects of this brand. All the offered barrels fit all the models. 

    It’s interchangeable. 
    No they don't.  Just thought the .32 mag might be a decent middle ground of penetration and being able to hang on to it
    They DO offer them in 10mm..........and I’m sorely tempted. A handloading only endeavor, unfortunately. 

    But........damn. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 751 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I'll be interested in hearing of your exploits - and seeing your wonderful photographs of it too! I've always fought an internal battle - "this gun is so stupid" vs. "this gun is so stupid that I *have* to have one!".
    You realize that you'll have to range in a bit with this one - maybe even as close as 1,500 yards? ;)
    If anyone can/will do it AND prove it, you know damn good and well it'll be Zee. Can't wait!
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,155 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I'll be interested in hearing of your exploits - and seeing your wonderful photographs of it too! I've always fought an internal battle - "this gun is so stupid" vs. "this gun is so stupid that I *have* to have one!".
    You realize that you'll have to range in a bit with this one - maybe even as close as 1,500 yards? ;)
    If anyone can/will do it AND prove it, you know damn good and well it'll be Zee. Can't wait!
    Pretty sure I’ll at least hit dirt!  😎
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,214 Senior Member
    You can keep it in your garter under your kilt :p
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,155 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    You can keep it in your garter under your kilt :p

    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,394 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    There will be distance,
    penetration, and expansion testing done with this barrel. 
    I’ll use the warmer 200gr Speer GD handloads of mine to start with. 
    I'm looking forward to a snake shot test. I see these in your future.
    You know how much I enjoy those "dilly" snake drawings.
    :D
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,155 Senior Member
    I already have the ammo. 😁
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,394 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    I already have the ammo. 😁
    I should have known. I'm a little slow. 😕
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,155 Senior Member
    Science!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,322 Senior Member
    I’ve been tempted by those a few times over the years.  The cool factor is high!  Looking forward to some hard testing!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,835 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Ordered one of these in .45 ACP!

    With a 2.5” barrel, I wanted the widest diameter that wouldn’t make me decide to throw the gun as opposed to shoot it (.45 Colt with hot loads). 

    Down the road, I will order a 4.25” barrel in 9mm and .40 S&W. 

    Just because. 
    So let’s recap, you think Gp100 grips are silly but your buying one of these? You’re daft man! 🤣😂

    looks like a fun shooter! 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,155 Senior Member
    Elk creek said:
    Zee said:
    Ordered one of these in .45 ACP!

    With a 2.5” barrel, I wanted the widest diameter that wouldn’t make me decide to throw the gun as opposed to shoot it (.45 Colt with hot loads). 

    Down the road, I will order a 4.25” barrel in 9mm and .40 S&W. 

    Just because. 
    So let’s recap, you think Gp100 grips are silly but your buying one of these? You’re daft man! 🤣😂

    looks like a fun shooter! 
    Function man......function!!  Take the grips off a GP-100 and try to shoot the gun!  I’ll hold your beer and wait. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,394 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Science!
    Please tell me there's going to be a tiger involved 😜
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,155 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    Zee said:
    Science!
    Please tell me there's going to be a tiger involved 😜
    How about a pig?
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,835 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Elk creek said:
    Zee said:
    Ordered one of these in .45 ACP!

    With a 2.5” barrel, I wanted the widest diameter that wouldn’t make me decide to throw the gun as opposed to shoot it (.45 Colt with hot loads). 

    Down the road, I will order a 4.25” barrel in 9mm and .40 S&W. 

    Just because. 
    So let’s recap, you think Gp100 grips are silly but your buying one of these? You’re daft man! 🤣😂

    looks like a fun shooter! 
    Function man......function!!  Take the grips off a GP-100 and try to shoot the gun!  I’ll hold your beer and wait. 
    One word “Toklat”. Give me my beer! 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,740 Senior Member
    I will be watching this one for sure, Scheels just started carrying the Bond. I believe they are asking 299.00 for them.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,155 Senior Member
    Elk creek said:
    Zee said:
    Elk creek said:
    Zee said:
    Ordered one of these in .45 ACP!

    With a 2.5” barrel, I wanted the widest diameter that wouldn’t make me decide to throw the gun as opposed to shoot it (.45 Colt with hot loads). 

    Down the road, I will order a 4.25” barrel in 9mm and .40 S&W. 

    Just because. 
    So let’s recap, you think Gp100 grips are silly but your buying one of these? You’re daft man! 🤣😂

    looks like a fun shooter! 
    Function man......function!!  Take the grips off a GP-100 and try to shoot the gun!  I’ll hold your beer and wait. 
    One word “Toklat”. Give me my beer! 
    Huh?  You lost me on that one. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,835 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Elk creek said:
    Zee said:
    Elk creek said:
    Zee said:
    Ordered one of these in .45 ACP!

    With a 2.5” barrel, I wanted the widest diameter that wouldn’t make me decide to throw the gun as opposed to shoot it (.45 Colt with hot loads). 

    Down the road, I will order a 4.25” barrel in 9mm and .40 S&W. 

    Just because. 
    So let’s recap, you think Gp100 grips are silly but your buying one of these? You’re daft man! 🤣😂

    looks like a fun shooter! 
    Function man......function!!  Take the grips off a GP-100 and try to shoot the gun!  I’ll hold your beer and wait. 
    One word “Toklat”. Give me my beer! 
    Huh?  You lost me on that one. 
    The stumpy super redhawk 4” you have with the slab sided barrel. They share a grip with a GP100
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement