Home Main Category Clubhouse

The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,424 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Joanna Cameron or Lynda Carter?
    Hmmmmm....... Joanna had a great set of legs and Lynda had a great set of....... Lungs

Tie
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,080 Senior Member
    Well I was excited to start guitar lessons today. To make it even better, the place is literally a quarter mile from my shop and I was to be there at 6. I show up 10 minutes early and already find myself getting pissed because as I'm walking through the parking lot I see a sign in the window that was some sort of pro BLM and said something about women's rights and the alphabet people (lgbtqabcdefg.) I should have just turned around then but continued to enter and take a seat in the lounge because nobody was behind the counter. A few minutes later I see a woman and whom I assume to be her son come down a flight of stairs, both wearing masks. I didnt even think anything of it until the instructor followed behind, saw me and asked if I had a mask. I responded with a no by shaking my head and then he tells me that I can't be in the building without a one. I just got up and left. I dont get mad that people wear masks or get vaccines. I get mad that said people trust the government. 
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,676 Senior Member
    I get irritated every time I do the dishes. Wife cooks, I do the dishes. I *HATE* this kitchen sink! Actually, the sink itself is OK, nice and deep - but who the HELL ever thought putting the faucet on the friggin' countertop was a good idea? Just something else I have to clean. I want a cast iron, porcelain sink with a built-in backsplash with the faucet mounted on that. I don't care whether or not its a so-called "farmhouse" sink with the front apron, I just want the damn faucet off of the counter where splashes drain into the sink and don't have to be cleaned up afterwards. Unfortunately, the sink is in front of a low window, and there's only about 3-1/2 inches of backsplash space there. Even a conventional top mount sink where the faucet mounts on a flat spot at the back would be better - EXCEPT - water would still end up on the countertop behind it.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Well I was excited to start guitar lessons today. To make it even better, the place is literally a quarter mile from my shop and I was to be there at 6. I show up 10 minutes early and already find myself getting pissed because as I'm walking through the parking lot I see a sign in the window that was some sort of pro BLM and said something about women's rights and the alphabet people (lgbtqabcdefg.) I should have just turned around then but continued to enter and take a seat in the lounge because nobody was behind the counter. A few minutes later I see a woman and whom I assume to be her son come down a flight of stairs, both wearing masks. I didnt even think anything of it until the instructor followed behind, saw me and asked if I had a mask. I responded with a no by shaking my head and then he tells me that I can't be in the building without a one. I just got up and left. I dont get mad that people wear masks or get vaccines. I get mad that said people trust the government. 
    Me too, but I also feel for the business owner.  In NC it’s still mandated by our idiot governor.  My local partner gunstores hate having to ask folks to put on a mask (and wearing them), especially since they know the market segment they are dealing with.  They also know that one reported violation will screw it up for all their customers so in between the rock and a hard place they live…
    I just wear a face veil where/when I encounter the Mutaween. As in Saudi Arabia, it satisfies their religion.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Again, I don’t comply for the government.  I do it as a favor to the small businesses that are struggling to stay alive.  They’re putting up with enough **** from the government already.
    edited May 5 #29798
    GunNut said:
    Again, I don’t comply for the government.  I do it as a favor to the small businesses that are struggling to stay alive.  They’re putting up with enough **** from the government already.
    Fortunately, it isn't a mandate down here. Any business that insists on masks are doing it on their own volition. Which they're free to do so - and I'm free to go elsewhere, and usually do. Or I wear a face veil which satisfies the Mutaween everywhere except at my Credit Union who has the religion so bad that they actually have paid Mutaween to stand by the door to enforce! I'd change financial institutions, but it would be a *huge* hassle so I got a "real mask" that tells people EXACTLY what my opinion of this shullbit is. Its only once a month.

)O(
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,848 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I get irritated every time I do the dishes. Wife cooks, I do the dishes. I *HATE* this kitchen sink! Actually, the sink itself is OK, nice and deep - but who the HELL ever thought putting the faucet on the friggin' countertop was a good idea? Just something else I have to clean. I want a cast iron, porcelain sink with a built-in backsplash with the faucet mounted on that. I don't care whether or not its a so-called "farmhouse" sink with the front apron, I just want the damn faucet off of the counter where splashes drain into the sink and don't have to be cleaned up afterwards. Unfortunately, the sink is in front of a low window, and there's only about 3-1/2 inches of backsplash space there. Even a conventional top mount sink where the faucet mounts on a flat spot at the back would be better - EXCEPT - water would still end up on the countertop behind it.
    Where I grew up. All the houses had large cast cement double sinks in the basement. I assume to do laundry in the pre washing machine era. The front sides were angled outward towards the user, again I assume to accommodate using a wash board. They were quite deep with a pivoting or rotating faucet that easily reached both halves of the sink. Built to last forever, Im sure those neighborhoods still have most of those big sinks intact.

I can recall ours being used for laundry, cleaning fish, scrubbing one's self after dirty jobs, cleaning car, bike, and mower parts.

Being a small boy. It just seemed like a normal part of every house. Those houses were small. The actual kitchens were cramped having only one small sink.
    The guy actually sent me a text apologizing, sort of. Two things though. He embarrassed me in front of other people and the liberal sign that was in the window supporting BLM and the like means I'm going elsewhere. 
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
    edited May 5 #29801
    The guy actually sent me a text apologizing, sort of. Two things though. He embarrassed me in front of other people and the liberal sign that was in the window supporting BLM and the like means I'm going elsewhere. 
    Oh that sign would have made me turn around on my heels!  And yes, they are dicks about it, which is absolutely not necessary...

zorba said:
    Where I grew up. All the houses had large cast cement double sinks in the basement. I assume to do laundry in the pre washing machine era. The front sides were angled outward towards the user, again I assume to accommodate using a wash board. They were quite deep with a pivoting or rotating faucet that easily reached both halves of the sink. Built to last forever, Im sure those neighborhoods still have most of those big sinks intact.

I can recall ours being used for laundry, cleaning fish, scrubbing one's self after dirty jobs, cleaning car, bike, and mower parts.

Being a small boy. It just seemed like a normal part of every house. Those houses were small. The actual kitchens were cramped having only one small sink.
    Yep - we called those "wash tubs".

)O(
    Deep thought Friday.

If station wagons were the first SUV's.. And todays SUV's keep getting smaller with less off road capability. Aren't we just going back to station wagons????

Makes a guy wonder.......
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,005 Senior Member
    edited May 14 #29804
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,424 Senior Member
    I don't care what anyone says. I really liked my Family Truckster.........

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Looks good even without the genuine imitation wood paneling.
  • JBrown500JBrown500 Posts: 2 New Member
    I like this competition, and i know i can,t win this. Thank you
    JBrown500 said:
    994 pages of best content online. :D
    Performance yesterday. Outdoors. Show up and there's a guy flying a parasail kite nearby - there's your first clue Sherlock: Maybe dancing with a veil wouldn't be the best idea right now?

Darn near EVERY dancer had a veil, or fan veils, or Wings of Isis - including me. In addition, I almost went down and another dancer actually did. Same cause: Wind blowing our baggy harem pants and we both stepped into the flapping bag. I stumbled a bit, my dance sister went down but managed to make it look like a drop followed by a bit of floorwork. She fooled everybody - *respect*.

)O(
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,602 Senior Member
    Zorba, if you didn't post about these issues, I would never know people had these kinds of problems. 🤷

That's all I got.

Paul
    PFD said:
    Zorba, if you didn't post about these issues, I would never know people had these kinds of problems. 🤷

Glad I could be of service! :D

)O(
    YAUSSD...

)O(
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,550 Senior Member
    JBrown500 said:
    994 pages of best content online. :D
    With the price of ammo these days, the reward is enormous! 🤣
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

zorba said:
    Performance yesterday. Outdoors. Show up and there's a guy flying a parasail kite nearby - there's your first clue Sherlock: Maybe dancing with a veil wouldn't be the best idea right now?

Darn near EVERY dancer had a veil, or fan veils, or Wings of Isis - including me. In addition, I almost went down and another dancer actually did. Same cause: Wind blowing our baggy harem pants and we both stepped into the flapping bag. I stumbled a bit, my dance sister went down but managed to make it look like a drop followed by a bit of floorwork. She fooled everybody - *respect*.
    Honest question for you @zorba
    Is dance sister what you call everyone? If you're on stage are you a dance sister or a dance brother? Or maybe they use a different name, trying to get a better understanding. Since I've never studied these things, I have no idea. Here's your chance to educate me on such stuff. Thx.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

I told the cat to leave the skunk alone. So far so good....

The pole cat was roaming along the fence line of the neighbors with the loud dogs. I heard the barking start and then stop suddenly.

I can only hope........
    :-) 
    Spk said:
    zorba said:

Honest question for you @zorba
    Is dance sister what you call everyone? If you're on stage are you a dance sister or a dance brother? Or maybe they use a different name, trying to get a better understanding. Since I've never studied these things, I have no idea. Here's your chance to educate me on such stuff. Thx.

"Dance Brother". I had one teacher use the term "Dance Sibling" when she was referring members of the troupe - "Pair up with your dance sibling..." Me? I don't really care one way or the other - most teachers are so used to saying things like "Ladies", that I don't think anything of it. I've had workshop teachers actually apologize to me for their female-centric language, "Ovaries to the wall..." comes to mind. I just tell them that "In *THIS* context (and *only* this context!), I consider myself an honorary woman, it just makes it easier for everybody." Saying 'Ladies' doesn't make me feel excluded as I understand the reason and context.

The above "dance sibling" teacher actually changed the name of her troupe when I joined it. It was "Daughters of Damascus", she changed it to simply "Damascus" - even though I told her she didn't have to. Probably because a stage runner showed up at the dressing room at one large festival asking if there was "anybody from Daughters of Damascus in here?". She looked more than slightly confused when I called out "Yea, we're over here!". So the teacher changed the name when I became an official member.

Belly Dancers talk about "dance ancestors", usually "dance mother" or "grandmother", or "great (great...) grandmother - although here on the east coast many dancers are "descended from" Bobby Farrah, so it would be a (whatever) "father" - basically it means whomever you learned from, who did they learn from, back and back and so on until you encounter one of the pioneers of Belly Dance. Just about everyone who "grew up" dancewise on the west coast is "descended from" Jamilla Salimpour who only passed on about 2 years ago and her (biological) daughter and granddaughter carry on her legacy. So when asked who my ancestors are, I tell them "Jamilla" - they know immediately who I'm talking about.

There was actually another "Dance Brother" at the performance in question.

Probably more than you EVER wanted to know! ;)

)O(
    I told the cat to leave the skunk alone. So far so good....

The pole cat was roaming along the fence line of the neighbors with the loud dogs. I heard the barking start and then stop suddenly.

I can only hope........
    :-) 

Good luck with that. We had a little dog that just would NOT leave the funny black cat with the white stripe the hell alone. Every. Single. Night. This skunk was driving the entire neighborhood nuts - sometimes it was so bad we could barely breathe. Until one night, it was particularly bad at about 0300, then there was a loud "BLAM!" from further up the hill...

)O(
    Thanks for the explanation. Kinda like when I was in school talking to my friends (both guys and gals) and I'd say, "So, you guys ready?" Addressing everyone, not just the guys. Usually just before we set off on some thing we were doing that evening.
    As to the polecats, you just gots to shoot them. Haven't had one around here in a while but I do get opossums from time to time. I leave them alone since they're on snake detail.

Spk said:
    Thanks for the explanation. Kinda like when I was in school talking to my friends (both guys and gals) and I'd say, "So, you guys ready?" Addressing everyone, not just the guys. Usually just before we set off on some thing we were doing that evening.

Exactly.

)O(
    I seem to shut down every thread that I comment on for some odd reason, except for this one. Everyone takes their ball and heads home.