Home Main Category Clubhouse

The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,532 Senior Member
    I seem to shut down every thread that I comment on for some odd reason, except for this one. Everyone takes their ball and heads home.
    I thought I was the only one that happened to!!!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,604 Senior Member
    Happens to me too!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,501 Senior Member
    edited May 23 #29824
    I seem to shut down every thread that I comment on for some odd reason, except for this one. Everyone takes their ball and heads home.

... Or maybe you're just late to the party?🤔

On the bright side this thread refuses to shutdown. 🤣

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

A few casual observations that may or may not be true.
    If you make something political outside of the 2A forum, people tend to walk. If you talk all techy or mathematical, people tend to ignore you or walk. So now I'm down making whimsical, silly comments instead. 😁
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,748 Senior Member
    Sometimes.
    Different people take turns getting in the last word.

Other times. The stove top kettle whistles, and I forget what I was typing, reading, doing, or thinking.

For the past few years. I occasionally think to do something, and subsequently think that I did. When in reality, I didnt. That's the worst, and can have  unpleasant ramifications......

Sometimes.
    Different people take turns getting in the last word.

For the past few years. I occasionally think to do something, and subsequently think that I did. When in reality, I didnt. That's the worst, and can have  unpleasant ramifications......
    Time for that brain stuff so you can "Get your Einstein on."

Electrolysis may be my last best hope....
    :-) 
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,004 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    A few casual observations that may or may not be true.
    If you make something political outside of the 2A forum, people tend to walk. If you talk all techy or mathematical, people tend to ignore you or walk. So now I'm down making whimsical, silly comments instead. 😁
    I surely hope I've never come off as a know it all when I've tried to offer any expertise in my field, after all this is a gun forum. I've also been in a few debates regarding opinions and views of different topics but I've never taken anything personal or felt insulted by someone else having a different belief than me. I do recall a few people seemingly getting upset over some topics but just assumed they were grown enough to keep it at that. Theres not a single person here that I wouldn't break bread with, although it seems that maybe some people still view me as an outsider? I don't know. Life's too short to hold grudges or be judgmental, especially towards strangers.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
    I surely hope I've never come off as a know it all when I've tried to offer any expertise in my field, after all this is a gun forum.
    [I enjoy your posts, I just don't announce it to everyone. I suspect I'm not the only one.]

I've also been in a few debates regarding opinions and views of different topics but I've never taken anything personal or felt insulted by someone else having a different belief than me. I do recall a few people seemingly getting upset over some topics but just assumed they were grown enough to keep it at that.
    [Assume nothing!!!! 🤣🤣🤣]

Theres not a single person here that I wouldn't break bread with, although it seems that maybe some people still view me as an outsider? I don't know. Life's too short to hold grudges or be judgmental, especially towards strangers.
    [Amen Brother, Rock on and keep on posting 👍]

Tuesday nites I have a weird Belly Dance/Yoga/Bollywood/whatever class with "Bianca". Its ALWAYS strenuous, but tonite's class just about killed me. She was bouncing off the walls! I'm gonna hurt tomorrow...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    I may have seen that class.

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,405 Senior Member
    I surely hope I've never come off as a know it all when I've tried to offer any expertise in my field, after all this is a gun forum. I've also been in a few debates regarding opinions and views of different topics but I've never taken anything personal or felt insulted by someone else having a different belief than me. I do recall a few people seemingly getting upset over some topics but just assumed they were grown enough to keep it at that. Theres not a single person here that I wouldn't break bread with, although it seems that maybe some people still view me as an outsider? I don't know. Life's too short to hold grudges or be judgmental, especially towards strangers.
    Eh..... I am the youngest of six so I'm a little spoiled. Having 4 older brothers I am also sarcastic AF.......

I have said many times that some people obviously didn't have an older brother when butthurt so easily.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    That was very nice - and informative!
    I've been to the tomb of the unknown soldier in Athens, Greece. The guards wear skirts - and are VERY proud to do so!

Water pump on the Mercedes grenaded...
    Front bearing disintegrated...

Was it the original factory pump?
    Was it the original factory pump?

Hardly. It went in when the engine was rebuilt 4 years ago. Never saw one go out like this one did! They're cheap enough, but I figured I might as well refresh the hoses and belts while I was there - last done in 2013. I'm replacing the thermostat too.

Lasted quite awhile anyway.

My truck gets a new one with every timing belt......

I have no idea how old the pump on my car is.
    Should have lasted a lot longer than 4 years/25K miles - but it is what it is. No timing belt, thank Goddess!

• AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Looks like it has been running with plain tap water instead of coolant!. When I rebuilt the engine of my '81 300D changed the original one (Like 160K miles) and looked quite like that.
    Was it an OEM part? Aftermarket ones aren't as good as originals.
    There's a fluorescent dye you pour down in the coolant tank that in a dark area and with an purple light torch you'll be able to see any leaks after running the engine a few minutes. Great product! 

(I hardly post in this thread 'cause there's no way I'll get the .22LR brick shipped down here)
    Let's put it this way - it looked like coolant in the puke bottle - but I flushed a BUNCH of crap out of the bottom of the rad. Not sure what that's all about - perhaps it was in the engine when it was installed 4 years ago? Will be discussing this with my mechanic next time I see him...

Probably BS, but anyone else see this one going around?
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,454 Senior Member
    Really? They want to kill the sheep but keep the obstinate alive, good luck with that plan
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Really? They want to kill the sheep but keep the obstinate alive, good luck with that plan
    I'm assuming to them, bodies are bodies. Strength in numbers.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,454 Senior Member
    There is plenty O' folks that are not immunized for Covid-19
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    I would also argue that not everyone that got the vaccine are sheep. Hell, some of the folks here got it and I'd hardly consider them sheep, just ill informed.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    If .8% of the people who got the vaccine die within 2 weeks we’d be having massive casualties already and guess what… hasn’t happened.  That’s one in every hundred.  Total BS.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

In a world where people are ill informed. All information becomes suspect. No matter the source or content. No matter the slant or bias. Its all wrong all the time.
    GunNut said:
    If .8% of the people who got the vaccine die within 2 weeks we’d be having massive casualties already and guess what… hasn’t happened.  That’s one in every hundred.  Total BS.
    I'd be curious to apply that to particular age groups but I'm way too lazy for such things 😁
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    I'd be curious to apply that to particular age groups but I'm way too lazy for such things 😁
    Me too…
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”