Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,555 Senior Member
    It is an embarrassment it took 30 years to reverse.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,084 Senior Member
    I wonder how long they'll hold off with injunctions and all.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,434 Senior Member
    I'm sure, when it makes it to the 9th appelate court, this ruling will be overturned
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,544 Senior Member

knitepoet said:
    I'm sure, when it makes it to the 9th appelate court, this ruling will be overturned
    Wouldn’t surprise me at all. 
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,814 Senior Member
    I think Benitez's strategy with this, as well as his reversal of the 10-round mag limit, is to present his rulings with lengthy, well-written, highly-defensible backed-by-precedent documentation.

The ultimate goal is to get it to the SCOTUS.  Given the patchwork of extremes we have from state to state and the restrictions and resistance to same are grounded in the the nation's core document, landmark rulings WILL be required at some point in the future.

This ruling is unlikely to do much for the short-term liberation of California, but it's damn good ammunition for prosecuting the case up the chain.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    I think Benitez's strategy with this, as well as his reversal of the 10-round mag limit, is to present his rulings with lengthy, well-written, highly-defensible backed-by-precedent documentation.

The ultimate goal is to get it to the SCOTUS.  Given the patchwork of extremes we have from state to state and the restrictions and resistance to same are grounded in the the nation's core document, landmark rulings WILL be required at some point in the future.

This ruling is unlikely to do much for the short-term liberation of California, but it's damn good ammunition for prosecuting the case up the chain.
    This!!!  It is the time when the challenges need to be forced on to the SCOTUS.
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,146 Senior Member
    edited June 5 #8
    It will end up there and it's about time. The NRA has abandoned California! I lived there and could tell a lot of horror stories.

Then there's the new head of the ATF......
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink: