Home Main Category Personal Defense

This happened here.

earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,852 Senior Member
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.denverpost.com/2021/06/25/olde-town-arvada-shooting-timeline/amp/

This area is familiar to me. I've lived there, shopped there, been there with my son.

A terrible traggedy.
Maybe it could have been avoided, maybe not. I think it is just the nature of the risk of taking up arms in defense of human life against the force of evil. Any blame died with the criminal seeking to murder.

Something maybe to learn for anyone that carries a gun. I don't claim to know any answers other than the inherent risk already mentioned.

My best to the survivors. I hope my wording avoids controversy. Not something that should be ignored, in any case.

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,541 Senior Member
    OMG! I have no words....

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,555 Senior Member
    No rioting, no burning or looting? Oh thats right, a white good samaritan with what I assume is a legally owned and carried firearm, meh.

I hope the cop that shot him gave him some commands to disarm and did not just shoot him. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,852 Senior Member
    I've not watched the video. I assume it was a instantaneous, lightning fast chaotic and confused situation. I've no experience, but read where similar mistakes happen in combat.

The Arvada PD Chief hailed the good samaritan as a hero that saved many lives. His name's in the news. I don't trust my spelling or media accuracy, so I didn't type it here.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,702 Senior Member
    Interesting that some folks (basement dwellers in the comments sections of other articles I've read) have said that the good samaritan was somewhat at fault because he was holding a gun when LE rolled up, thereby identifying himself as a "threat."  I don't know the exact instance of what happened, if he was challenged by the arriving LEOs, if the call said "man with long gun" or whatever.  It's a tragedy, for sure, and not necessarily the time for armchair quarterbacking.

It does show that the shooting isn't over when the last shot's fired, however.  You still have to manage the after-effects.  
    Overkill is underrated.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,852 Senior Member
    It's sure relevant and important for armed citizens, and LEO's.