Home Main Category Clubhouse

Looks like it's anchors up again...

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,595 Senior Member
    The real question is, "Will the new house have stainle..., I mean STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES?!". ;):D
    Seriously, good on you with the move. Its funny how things just work out, isn't it!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    The real question is, "Will the new house have stainle..., I mean STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES?!". ;):D
    Seriously, good on you with the move. Its funny how things just work out, isn't it!
    Thanks, and if it doesn’t my wife will be changing them out.  Actually I’m thinking going to a restaurant supply place and getting a used commercial kitchen appliances 😁
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,287 Senior Member
    Congrats on the move to a better lifestyle. Still not close enough for me to take your class though 😝
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,692 Senior Member
    Another option is a "damaged in transit" one. Family member got a nice one for pretty inexpensive  that had some damage to the back. Sent back because of damage to a part you would never see...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,738 Senior Member
    A loading press could be made to clamp to a deck rail.

Just sayin.
    :-) 
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,485 Senior Member
    Amigo, this is really cool. You sound just as excited as I was when moving to Colorado 17 years ago. When it still feels new every morning when you wake up....well....you landed in the right place.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    sakodude said:
    Congrats on the move to a better lifestyle. Still not close enough for me to take your class though 😝
    Zoom… 😁

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Another option is a "damaged in transit" one. Family member got a nice one for pretty inexpensive  that had some damage to the back. Sent back because of damage to a part you would never see...
    Got the garage fridge that way.  Basically brand new for a song!

A loading press could be made to clamp to a deck rail.

Just sayin.
    :-) 
    Right now it’s just clamped to my bench.  That sucker is ready to travel 🤣

Amigo, this is really cool. You sound just as excited as I was when moving to Colorado 17 years ago. When it still feels new every morning when you wake up....well....you landed in the right place.

Mike
    That was the way I felt the first morning I walked on to my front porch on the ranch and spent an hour sipping coffee and looking at leaves on trees, and every morning after that.  I really thought I’d be buried in that place, but God had something else in mind for me for a bit.  Now it looks like he’s given me a chance to go back, and I can’t wait for that moment to recreate itself…..

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,691 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Wambliville in the mountains, I like it, Wambliville in a gated community seemed harder to defend :D

That's over now, so back to being Wambli Ska.  Hell I might revive that user ID...
    YES  Do it!!!!!!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 796 Senior Member
    edited July 15 #43
    Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Wambliville in the mountains, I like it, Wambliville in a gated community seemed harder to defend :D

That's over now, so back to being Wambli Ska.  Hell I might revive that user ID...
    YES  Do it!!!!!!
    Do what????  Dear Lord, I go away for a bit, this place goes to hell…. Take your damn feet off the coffee table for crying out loud.  Were you raised in a barn! 😁
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 796 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    HA!!!!

feet on coffee table  pffff   we have a reclining sofa

Been a bit since Ive seen my old friend
    He’s back… time to kick the evil twin out… 😁
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,249 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    I knew this was not going to be my final address but I was thinking it'd last a little longer than the 5-6 years we've been here.  It just got confirmed today that I'm headed to the western side of the state!  Good thing I sold my boat a while back!

After my FIL passed I have very little (spelled n-o-t-h-i-n-g) holding me here in south, NC.  MIL is good but she has her own life and she's probably moving up to NY to live with her son (my BIL) in the future so that leaves me with no ties to this area and I'm by far the youngest guy in this community, so I've been itching to scoot out of here so I can meet more folks with similar interests to mine and resume my active outdoor life.

An opportunity has opened up with my company to move to the mountain region on the Western side of the state, and wife and I have been lusting for a bit of breathing space for a while, so it looks like I'll be able to shoot off my back porch and even have a rather short drive for skiing again before the end of this year!!!  

Lord, I'm glad I never sold my saddle!!!  B)
    This is outstanding news, congratulations my friend!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
    GunNut said:
    I knew this was not going to be my final address but I was thinking it'd last a little longer than the 5-6 years we've been here.  It just got confirmed today that I'm headed to the western side of the state!  Good thing I sold my boat a while back!

After my FIL passed I have very little (spelled n-o-t-h-i-n-g) holding me here in south, NC.  MIL is good but she has her own life and she's probably moving up to NY to live with her son (my BIL) in the future so that leaves me with no ties to this area and I'm by far the youngest guy in this community, so I've been itching to scoot out of here so I can meet more folks with similar interests to mine and resume my active outdoor life.

An opportunity has opened up with my company to move to the mountain region on the Western side of the state, and wife and I have been lusting for a bit of breathing space for a while, so it looks like I'll be able to shoot off my back porch and even have a rather short drive for skiing again before the end of this year!!!  

Lord, I'm glad I never sold my saddle!!!  B)
    This is outstanding news, congratulations my friend!
    Thank you brother!

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,197 Senior Member
    edited July 15 #48
    Make up your freakin' mind will you :rage:
    GunNut/Wambli.... Wambli/GunNut..

Pick one :p;):D 
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

:D 

How about Wambli Nut or Gun Ska? ;)

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    New guy!  Hey do you like Gladiator movies?  

I heard he spent some time in a Turkish Prison - and enjoyed it... ;)

• waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 883 Senior Member
    Good luck with the move.
    Hopefully you can get back to doing what you love, I take my hat off to you for taking care of business.
    BTW,  The prices and demand for horses has gone through the roof.  We have a FB group called "Horses for Central Texas" where you can buy/sell horses.  Great site, though a few scam sellers but they get weeded out pretty quick.  You might check your state and surrounding states to see if they have something similar which they probably do.  There's also a website called Changing Saddles.  They sell thoroughbred horses that didn't make it racing.  They're very honest about the horse and any issues it might have.  They are well ridden and would make great trail horses.  Most of those sell in the $2 to $3K range with some a tad higher.  Hope it helps!

waipapa13 said:
    Good luck with the move.
    Hopefully you can get back to doing what you love, I take my hat off to you for taking care of business.
    Thanks brother!   Maybe some day the Kiwi team can come to the USA as a tour group and I can host you guys and have some fun!

BTW,  The prices and demand for horses has gone through the roof.  We have a FB group called "Horses for Central Texas" where you can buy/sell horses.  Great site, though a few scam sellers but they get weeded out pretty quick.  You might check your state and surrounding states to see if they have something similar which they probably do.  There's also a website called Changing Saddles.  They sell thoroughbred horses that didn't make it racing.  They're very honest about the horse and any issues it might have.  They are well ridden and would make great trail horses.  Most of those sell in the $2 to $3K range with some a tad higher.  Hope it helps!
    Off the track is not an issue.  My wife and I used to kind'a specialize in making decent trail horses out of nutty thoroughbreds that never had any decent training.  These horses tend to be basket-cases.  They are taught to load in the chute and when the gate pops it's 0-60 in 2 seconds and that's ALL they know.  Breaking one to proper saddle is thrilling!

BTW did I mention my wife and I are actually certified horse trainers?  We trained under Bob Jeffreys, one of John Lyons trainers.  I actually wrote the foreword, took all the pictures and edited Bob's book and I have a copy of John's original book with a dedicated to me!

GunNut said:
    Off the track is not an issue.  My wife and I used to kind'a specialize in making decent trail horses out of nutty thoroughbreds that never had any decent training.  These horses tend to be basket-cases.  They are taught to load in the chute and when the gate pops it's 0-60 in 2 seconds and that's ALL they know.  Breaking one to proper saddle is thrilling!

BTW did I mention my wife and I are actually certified horse trainers?  We trained under Bob Jeffreys, one of John Lyons trainers.  I actually wrote the foreword, took all the pictures and edited Bob's book and I have a copy of John's original book with a dedicated to me!
    That's outstanding on the horse training.  PM sent!

My wife and I both grew up with horses - and don't want anything to do with them now. But kudos to you for following your dream! Get a couple or three good ones!

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,403 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    My wife and I both grew up with horses - and don't want anything to do with them now. But kudos to you for following your dream! Get a couple or three good ones!
    What? A 1500# animal with a brain the size of a walnut? Lets jump on it, what could go wrong?

Any animal that can stomp you into a mudhole, I keep my distance......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Horses are the most mentioned animal in the Bible for a reason.  When you create a partnership with a horse he can read your thoughts.  And when you trust one implicitly he can save your life.  

I was running up a hill on a seldom used trail when a vine snagged me right across my neck.  My only thought was “Great, this is how I buy the farm.”.   My horse, with no cue from me, felt me falling backwards and came to a sliding stop and took 3 steps back.  He just knew I was in trouble…

I remember reaching a nice meadow and thinking this would be a great place for a nice slow easy canter, and right then, again without a cue, my horse just picked it up.  We were so in tune that a change of direction was accomplished by me just looking in the new direction of travel.

When a horse is your partner he is just an extension of your body…. I wish everyone could experience that thrill once in their lives.

jbp-ohio said:
    zorba said:
    What? A 1500# animal with a brain the size of a walnut? Lets jump on it, what could go wrong?

Any animal that can stomp you into a mudhole, I keep my distance......
    I used to tell prospective trainers, “You have to be a little nuts, climbing on the back of a 1/2 ton plus animal that has his own mind.  But you have to be outright crazy to want to train a horse, a 1/2 ton animal with his own mind, and he’s scared, and has NO CLUE what you’re asking of him!”…