Home Main Category General Firearms

Swap Meet? Haven't had one in a long time...

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Oh yeah, those too…
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,529 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    how many pieces of the 7mm WSM brass do you have?
    @sakodude, are you interested in the ammo?  It's Winchester Super-X silver box 150gr Power-Point.  Two brand new boxes.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

CHIRO1989 said:
    ruger mk 1-2-3 holsters, bullet molds too, focus hey
    I'm emptying out my office today so I should have the holster situation sorted out.

Ok let's try something different....  

I'm not going to be the only one posting stuff because I REALLY don't have the time to do this.  I have a whole house to pack up in a month and a half at MOST!!!  

How about YOU guys post something you want to trade?  Or PM me with it.  The worse I can say is no, I don't need one of those but you never know...

Assume I probably have something you need and we can sort it out if I need/want what you want to dispose off.  If I have to list everything I want to move I'll be here all week...

• JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,089 Senior Member
    I might have an extra set of 45 Colt dies for you.  I'll have to check when I get home. Can't remember if I still have them or not.
    If anyone here has a .300 WSM I have 2 partial boxes and one full box of ammo. 11 Rounds of the Federal and 26 of the Winchester + all the shot brass -1 case that I have no idea where it went.

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,288 Senior Member
    sorry, I’m on vacation this week so I haven’t been able to see what I have to trade. Might be interested in the 7 mmWSM ammo for my brother if I have anything you need.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 809 Senior Member
    Jay said:
    I might have an extra set of 45 Colt dies for you.  I'll have to check when I get home. Can't remember if I still have them or not.
    That would be absolutely EPIC!!!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    sakodude said:
    sorry, I’m on vacation this week so I haven’t been able to see what I have to trade. Might be interested in the 7 mmWSM ammo for my brother if I have anything you need.
    I'll set it aside for you.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 541 Senior Member
    I have an old mold a 32-40 x 165 I would like to do something with its probably worth more to someone that has that caliber to get use out of it I was thinking that maybe I can cast some then size them down to a 30 caliber but that would take out most of the lube groves so if anyone has use for it let me know I would even give it to someone who has a use for it
    Speaking of bullet molds...

Plus handles, egg sinker molds (fishing), sizing/lube dies, ya-da, ya-da, ya-da.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,089 Senior Member
    I do, in fact, have a set of 45 Colt dies for you. Shoot me a PM if you’re interested. I’m going to the post office this morning. If you get to it before I head over there, I’ll get them on the way. 👍

If you have a regular sinker mold I believe they are called bank sinker molds but if you can let me know what you do have bullet molds also
    gunner81 said:
    If you have a regular sinker mold I believe they are called bank sinker molds but if you can let me know what you do have bullet molds also
    Yes I have a sinker mold and as far as bullet molds go if you expand the pics I took you can read the labels of all the molds I have.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,899 Senior Member
    If you need a set of 41 mag dies I have a new set I have been meaning to list on gb. I also have a new lyman manual 39 I think. 
    I'm missing a post that disappeared somewhere or someone forgot to press send but I could use the 30-30 ones and the 32-20  and 7.62x39 I would have to buy them the sinker especially because I've been hunting a replacement for my mold that was stolen but I'm only a couple years into reloading so I don't have much in trade but I am still buying everything I will never use but you know the story you got to have more Not that I'd do it but they should have some kind of therapy for the confused ones that want to quit
    gunner81 said:
    I'm missing a post that disappeared somewhere or someone forgot to press send but I could use the 30-30 ones and the 32-20  and 7.62x39 I would have to buy them the sinker especially because I've been hunting a replacement for my mold that was stolen but I'm only a couple years into reloading so I don't have much in trade but I am still buying everything I will never use but you know the story you got to have more Not that I'd do it but they should have some kind of therapy for the confused ones that want to quit
    Ok let’s take this to PM.  I’m out in class all day today so I’ll ping you tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    If you need a set of 41 mag dies I have a new set I have been meaning to list on gb. I also have a new lyman manual 39 I think. 
    Don’t currently have a need for 41 mag but maybe someone else here could?  The manual would be handy.  All of mine are from the 80-90s.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    Ok, first successful swap has been accomplished and I no longer need .45 Colt dies and the .358 SWC mold is gone.  Still plenty of stuff left if you guys can scrape up some trading fodder.

I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 786 Senior Member
    Ok, first successful swap has been accomplished and I no longer need .45 Colt dies and the .358 SWC mold is gone.  Still plenty of stuff left if you guys can scrape up some trading fodder.

Waiting on a guy to check for those flappers. : :wink:

Oh yeah.  Tomorrow is holster day…
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    - All 6.5x55 ammo is gone.
    - Bullet Mold for .358 150gr SWC-HP is gone

I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    - The 2 .50 bullet molds and the .44 SWC for gas checked bullets are gone
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 786 Senior Member

Tomorrow tomorrow got to hang on till tomorrow 

Tomorrow tomorrow got to hang on till tomorrow 
    Sorry I got caught up with work and I’m in classes for the weekend.  Will be back to dealing with the swap meet on Monday.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,203 Senior Member
    edited July 24 #58
    I have a hundred cast , 164gr RFNGC from my LBT mould, sized 0.358" Lubed with LBT blue with Hornady GCs
    Cast from a "mixed" alloy, at "max" load of Li'l Gun into wet newsprint, the ones I tested expanded a LITTLE bit, to 0.375"
    Basically turned itself into a wadcutter
    Here they are right after casting

And here's a recovered 1

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 408 Member
    I'll trade you one of my daughters for an MP5
    knitepoet said:
    I have a hundred cast , 164gr RFNGC from my LBT mould, sized 0.358" Lubed with LBT blue with Hornady GCs
    Cast from a "mixed" alloy, at "max" load of Li'l Gun into wet newsprint, the ones I tested expanded a LITTLE bit, to 0.375"
    Basically turned itself into a wadcutter
    Here they are right after casting

And here's a recovered 1

Hummmm, I might be interested in those.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,596 Senior Member
    I've got several pounds of lead if someone wants to pay shipping on it...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."