Home Main Category Clubhouse

An almost vintage slashy, stabby thing

JayhawkerJayhawker ModeratorPosts: 17,645 Senior Member
edited August 3 in Clubhouse #1
Dug out this old CVA Bowie out of my gear this afternoon...Sorta forgot I had it....CVA sold them as kits back in the late 70s...As I look at it....it's a well designed blade...
Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Replies

• Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 476 Member
    I had one of those, a looong time ago.  When Michigan had no limit on deer bait volumes it came in pretty handy chopping up piles of carrots in the woods leading up to the bow season opener.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,012 Senior Member
    I just dug out a bunch of knives that were given to me by a good friend of mine that I had forgotten all about, including a high dollar Katana sword. I'll have to snap some pics and post them when I get a chance. Most of the knives are the larger type, much like you have above.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,473 Senior Member
    That will get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop.....
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 896 Senior Member
    I have one of those!!!  I’ll have to dig it up tomorrow.  First knife I “made”.  I did some file work in the blade.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,647 Senior Member
    I like I like that blade. Got me looking at Bowie knives to make again.

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,834 Senior Member
    Not my kinda knife but, cool none the less. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith