Home Main Category Clubhouse

AWESOME show on Prime! Clarkson’s Farm

GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
Jeremy Clarkson (of Top Gear fame) has a highly unlikely show called Clarkson’s Farm.  It is a HOOT!  He owns a 1,000 acre farm in England and the guy that ran it for him decided to retire so he decides to run it himself, even though he knows NOTHING about farming!

First it’s quite an education on modern farming but he is just so freaking FUNNY and he injects his humor into every episode and adventure on the farm.  It’s a really good show!!!  Worthwhile watching!
Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Replies

• AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    edited July 7 #2
    Have seen some previews in YouTube and seems very good. Firing him and the rest of the former Top Gear crew is the 3nd. stupidest thing Brits have ever done (1st. was the red coats shooting their muskets against the crowd in Boston and the 2nd. sending Chamberlain to convince Hitler that invading Germany's neighbors was poor form)
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,260 Senior Member
    “that’s as straight as a roundabout “!  This show is cracking my wife and I up!  Not bad at all
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Wife and I just finished season one and it was awesome!  Hope there’s another one!!!

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,407 Senior Member
    Nice Lambo....... Everyone was making fun of his tractor but did you see how excited his help got when he first saw it?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    jbp-ohio said:
    Nice Lambo....... Everyone was making fun of his tractor but did you see how excited his help got when he first saw it?
    Not a lot of folks know that the reason we have Lamborghini super cars is because the owner/founder of the Lamborghini tractor company wanted a Ferrari and Enzo Ferrari would to build what Lambirghini wanted.  Enzo was the Ford of his time.  When he decided that his cars would all be red if you asked for a black one that year you were crap out of luck.

So Lamborghini said, screw him, I'm going to build a better sports car and here we are.  So a tractor company spawned one of the best super cars in the world.  My buddy collects Lamborghini and besides his cars he has restored several vintage tractors to use on his property.

• PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,600 Senior Member
    Yeah, on your recommendation the wife and I watched them all.
    Excellent show!  Doesn't look like a 2nd season is in the works yet.
    I love how the guy NEVER wondered why no one else is doing things the way he's about to try. 😄
    That's all I got.

Paul
    edited July 15 #8
    PFD said:
    Yeah, on your recommendation the wife and I watched them all.
    Excellent show!  Doesn't look like a 2nd season is in the works yet.
    I love how the guy NEVER wondered why no one else is doing things the way he's about to try. 😄
    Glad you enjoyed it!  Yeah, that did occur to me at times 🤣

I REALLY want to hold him down and........

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    This has been a great show!  We were bummed when it ended.  It was just so genuine for the most part.  With all his money and bright ideas on how to make more money...most of which were a total bust.  It just kept us in stiches laughing.  Kaleb pulled no punches with him. He would kill us laughing when he'd call him a f***Kn idiot or something of that sort.

Too bad there won't be a season two, but this is a must watch if you're looking for a new series!

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,865 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    ........Enzo was the Ford of his time.  When he decided that his cars would all be red if you asked for a black one that year you were crap out of luck.

So, there's nobody named Ferrari in your family tree? >:)
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 896 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    ........Enzo was the Ford of his time.  When he decided that his cars would all be red if you asked for a black one that year you were crap out of luck.

So, there's nobody named Ferrari in your family tree? >:)
    You have no idea how hard I've tried to find a connection...
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    This has been a great show!  We were bummed when it ended.  It was just so genuine for the most part.  With all his money and bright ideas on how to make more money...most of which were a total bust.  It just kept us in stiches laughing.  Kaleb pulled no punches with him. He would kill us laughing when he'd call him a f***Kn idiot or something of that sort.

Too bad there won't be a season two, but this is a must watch if you're looking for a new series!
    Oh Kaleb was ALMOST my favorite cast member!  My wife and I were in tears with the stuff that came out of his mouth...
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,534 Senior Member
    edited July 16 #14
    Just watched the 1st episode. Not bad at all. 

I’m kinda surprised he didn’t lose a body part working around the implements 
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,899 Senior Member
    I liked it but I have to remember it is a reality show and try to ignore obvious things wrong. The one thing I really didn't understand is why did his advisor let him buy such little equipment to go with a big tractor. Makes for better tv I guess. I hope there is a season 2.
    I liked it but I have to remember it is a reality show and try to ignore obvious things wrong. The one thing I really didn't understand is why did his advisor let him buy such little equipment to go with a big tractor. Makes for better tv I guess. I hope there is a season 2.
    Every time you watch a “reality show” and yours an expert on the subject you’re in for some disappointments and puzzled looks at the TV.  It’s almost mandatory to try to remember it’s only entertainment.  I think they already decided no season two but I hope they change their minds!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    if you remember the pond fiasco. You can tell they brought professionals to clean it up and make it look really good. Kaleb could not do that with a mini excavator. Still a funny and very entertaining show. 

The Lambo was a prop. They probably did most of the work with Caleb and his bothers tractors.....
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,473 Senior Member
    RugerFan said:
    Just watched the 1st episode. Not bad at all. 

I’m kinda surprised he didn’t lose a body part working around the implements 
    The logger holding up his hand minus a few fingers elicited a roar of laughter from my crew :D
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,256 Senior Member
    Wife and I tried watching it this past weekend. Couldn't even get through the 2nd episode before we'd had enough

I couldn't get past that point.

I imagine that any reality TV that the viewer has real life experience with is similar
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,600 Senior Member
    I almost wet myself any time Jeremy talked with the rock fence builder.
    He could get a few barely inteligeble words out then drift into some sort of weird mumbling and Jeremy would just nod and say "Uh huh".
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 647 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    The Lambo was a prop. They probably did most of the work with Caleb and his bothers tractors.....
    Around here that’s a tractor for small jobs. 
    PFD said:
    I almost wet myself any time Jeremy talked with the rock fence builder.
    He could get a few barely inteligeble words out then drift into some sort of weird mumbling and Jeremy would just nod and say "Uh huh".
    I know!!!  He was one of my favorites and I have no clue what he said…..  ever.. 🤣
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    jbp-ohio said:
    Around here that’s a tractor for small jobs. 
    Funny I was thinking of you when I watched that show!  😱
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    Then the mumble talking uncle is driving the combine and he has to position himself to receive the wheat listening to instructions in totally foreign language of mumbles.  It was priceless, my wife and I were howling with laughter!  

jbp-ohio said:
    round here that’s a tractor for small jobs. 
    There is an outfit around here that has fields spread all over several counties. They haul one of these around with a Peterbuilt and a flatbed.....

• N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 647 Senior Member
    edited August 5 #27
    jbp-ohio said:
    jbp-ohio said:
    round here that’s a tractor for small jobs. 
    There is an outfit around here that has fields spread all over several counties. They haul one of these around with a Peterbuilt and a flatbed.....

Those are common around here my brother in law runs one on his farm. 

If you want to see something truly impressive head to Montana and check out the Big Bud 747. It’s freaking amazing and could really only work on the big open wheat fields. It just got put back into service after it had special tires made just for it. 

Damn that’s a beast….
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    Wife and I were over in Western Ohio last week. If I were to describe it........ 

Corn, corn, corn, soybeans, corn, corn, corn, soybeans, corn, corn, corn.....
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 489 Member
    Loving the show...those sideways glances from Jeremy are priceless - and that mumbling guy with the (mullet?) haircut is a riot to listen to. I have no idea what he's saying but I could listen to 30 minutes of it.

And that Big Bud 47 from above - I wonder if a mower attachment is available. 
    jbp-ohio said:
    Wife and I were over in Western Ohio last week. If I were to describe it........ 

Corn, corn, corn, soybeans, corn, corn, corn, soybeans, corn, corn, corn.....
    It's funny you say that.  In '81 my buddy and I went to Montana for our first mule deer/elk hunt. When we hit the Iowa state line we came across a corn field, we joked we never saw a break in that corn field until the South Dakota state line!