Home Main Category Clubhouse

Update on move…

Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 801 Senior Member
I officially accepted my new assignment and have been introduced to some of my new partners in my region.  The meetings were well received, they are starving for attention.  I’ll be doing less training and a bit more business type activities but it’s all good.  It’s actually better for me time and money wise.  Will probably end up with more free time out of the deal.  My colleague who manages the region we are splitting (too big for him by himself) and I have decided Mondays and Tuesdays will officially be hunting/fishing time!

Met with the local real estate guy yesterday, he was the last one we used when we were looking for a house here and he’s number 1 in this area.  Young man, very smart, professional  and aggressive!  

He laid out the marketing plan for the house and showed me some comps.  I thought I was going to try to set my price high, he corrected me and drove my price HIGHER!  Just on that he earned his commission.  Last three comparable houses he sold here sold in less than 3 days for asking or above.  Folks are buying houses here sight unseen via FaceTime or Zoom.  Interesting!!!

House is getting “staged” on Monday for indoor pictures, video and drone aerial shots to show the golf course/pond in my yard.  He said from listing to close I’m looking at 30-45 days at most!!!  I better get hustling looking for a damn roof to move under.  If all goes to plan, I’ll be in the mountains by October!
I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,252 Senior Member
    Hoping for a smooth move!!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 801 Senior Member
    Big Al1 said:
    Hoping for a smooth move!!
    Thanks!  So far so good.  Just updated my boss and he’s good with the game plan.  They even have a potential replacement for me on the wings!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,863 Senior Member
    edited August 5 #4
    Mountains, huh? Any particular county or city area you thinking about specifically? If you want "real" mountains, you have to go from a bit east or south of Asheville, to further west and north of there.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I’m avoiding Asheville and Boone.  Too touristy and getting crowded.  Somewhere in between those two cities.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,739 Senior Member
    Get the place with all the woods next to the alfalfa field.
    :-) 
    That’s the plan! 🤣 

I’m getting old and lazy… 
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,403 Senior Member
    edited August 6 #8
    My wife has a final tour/ interview Tuesday. Might be move seven since 2015...... Still in Ohio, but opposite side of state. Could be in Indiana in 10 minutes.

Crap
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    jbp-ohio said:
    My wife has a final tour/ interview Tuesday. Might be move seven since 2015...... Still in Ohio, but opposite side of state. Could be in Indiana in 10 minutes.

Crap
    Fun ain’t it?  We went through a period of a couple of years when we lived in basically furnished vacation rentals and all our stuff was in 3 PODS…. I really don’t want to do this anymore.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    edited August 6 #10
    Wife and I drove over last weekend and checked the area. This is also accurate of the North of Dayton area......

Throw in the random dairy and a soybean field
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,436 Senior Member
    Grreeeennn acres is the place for me......

keep Zsazsa happy hey
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Current area...... Trees and hills

Western Ohio...... They have to pay farmers to leave little tiny tree plots....

Flat as a pancake...... 

jbp-ohio said:

Crap
    Fun ain’t it?  We went through a period of a couple of years when we lived in basically furnished vacation rentals and all our stuff was in 3 PODS…. I really don’t want to do this anymore.
    This will be a 'half' move. Stay in  rental till we sell and figure out whee I will work to pick a house to buy.... and move again
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,984 Senior Member
    Sounds like things are coming along nicely. Good Luck and keep us posted.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
    jbp-ohio said:
    jbp-ohio said:

Crap
    This will be a 'half' move. Stay in  rental till we sell and figure out whee I will work to pick a house to buy.... and move again
    That’s the plan for us here too.  Money is going in the bank and we’re looking for a temporary place (hopefully fully furnished) until we find a suitable new place!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    edited August 6 #16
    bhl2506 said:
    Sounds like things are coming along nicely. Good Luck and keep us posted.
    Thanks brother!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    I’m avoiding Asheville and Boone.  Too touristy and getting crowded.  Somewhere in between those two cities.

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't suggesting either of those places to live in, but if you get 5 to 10 miles outside of those areas, there are wide open spaces and beautiful vistas to see. I've been in both those towns, and besides the nice restaurants, these places are crowded with liberals hogging all the seats in the restaurants anyway. Boone is one large traffic jam, and you have to pay for using the off-street city parking lots. If I were to look there for property, I would love to be in a valley near the Blue Ridge Parkway. Outside of Waynesville-Maggie Valley is not bad. They have a city for shopping and restaurants, and I-40 nearby  and US 74 going right through town. It's hard to make a choice, because there are so many places worth looking at.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't suggesting either of those places to live in, but if you get 5 to 10 miles outside of those areas, there are wide open spaces and beautiful vistas to see. I've been in both those towns, and besides the nice restaurants, these places are crowded with liberals hogging all the seats in the restaurants anyway. Boone is one large traffic jam, and you have to pay for using the off-street city parking lots. If I were to look there for property, I would love to be in a valley near the Blue Ridge Parkway. Outside of Waynesville-Maggie Valley is not bad. They have a city for shopping and restaurants, and I-40 nearby  and US 74 going right through town. It's hard to make a choice, because there are so many places worth looking at.
    I like Asheville and Boone.  But as soon as I drove into town I knew it was not for me.  They are BIG towns in nice locations.  When I drove into Boone my first thought was, what am I doing here?  4 lane highway-like road with a big Hilton Hotel (where we stayed).  Then I went all the way into downtown and liked it much better.  Found one of the best Indian food restaurants I've ever been to just outside of town.  Same as Asheville, we were staying within walking distance of the Biltmore and it was fun doing all the tours and such, but I doubt if I'll ever go back except with family when they visit or to shop with the wife.

BUT you are right, they both have great restaurants, a must for wife and I, and the surrounding areas are BEAUTIFUL!  I'm trying to strategically locate myself between them and still be within striking distance of Charlotte.  That will allow me free roam of my new territory and still be able to work in Charlotte when I'm needed to back up other team members.

I'm finding a LOT of land, especially since I'm specifically looking for lots with elevation that makes them particularly unsuitable for subdivision  >:)
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,595 Senior Member
    edited August 6 #19
    Have you considered hopping the line into Tennessee? Or you could even take a bit of a drive up to Harlan, Ky! :D
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    Have you considered hopping the line into Tennessee? Or you could even take a bit of a drive up to Harlan, Ky! :D
    I have but that would put me outside of Charlotte striking distance.  BUT I'm keeping that in my back pocket just in case.  The tax advantage is real.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,692 Senior Member
    We will be moving next year also.  Only difference is that we are not concerned about work.  We are retiring.  Fishead and Big Al will be neighbors
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    We will be moving next year also.  Only difference is that we are not concerned about work.  We are retiring.  Fishead and Big Al will be neighbors
    I’ll have to come down to visit!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,619 Senior Member
    My only real prerequisite for a new place to dwell is an absence of neighbors....1/4 mile is about right
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker said:
    My only real prerequisite for a new place to dwell is an absence of neighbors....1/4 mile is about right
    That’s a little tough around here but I’ll do my best.  As long as I can shoot off my back porch I’m happy!  A bear “problem” is HIGH on the list of wants 😁
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    ..................Found one of the best Indian food restaurants I've ever been to just outside of town.  Same as Asheville, we were staying within walking distance of the Biltmore and it was fun doing all the tours and such, but I doubt if I'll ever go back except with family when they visit or to shop with the wife.

BUT you are right, they both have great restaurants, a must for wife and I, and the surrounding areas are BEAUTIFUL!  I'm trying to strategically locate myself between them and still be within striking distance of Charlotte.  That will allow me free roam of my new territory and still be able to work in Charlotte when I'm needed to back up other team members.

I'm finding a LOT of land, especially since I'm specifically looking for lots with elevation that makes them particularly unsuitable for subdivision  >:)
    If you are in Asheville again, try "Juicy Lucies" restaurant. The food is good and service is excellent.
    I just happen to have driven from Asheville to Charlotte last weekend, and it's about a 2- 2.5 hour ride from there. Just stay off US 74 between Hendersonville and Charlotte. The western end of the road is a dream, but you get into a reduced speed limit and a city like environment in Shelby, and the traffic is jammed up and takes a 45 minutes to get through. I-26 from Hendersonville to Asheville is awful. Entire road is being torn up and traffic sucks. Take northern route to Asheville from Charlotte

JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    ..................Found one of the best Indian food restaurants I've ever been to just outside of town.  Same as Asheville, we were staying within walking distance of the Biltmore and it was fun doing all the tours and such, but I doubt if I'll ever go back except with family when they visit or to shop with the wife.

If you are in Asheville again, try "Juicy Lucies" restaurant. The food is good and service is excellent.
    I just happen to have driven from Asheville to Charlotte last weekend, and it's about a 2- 2.5 hour ride from there. Just stay off US 74 between Hendersonville and Charlotte. The western end of the road is a dream, but you get into a reduced speed limit and a city like environment in Shelby, and the traffic is jammed up and takes a 45 minutes to get through. I-26 from Hendersonville to Asheville is awful. Entire road is being torn up and traffic sucks. Take northern route to Asheville from Charlotte

Good to know.  I’ll be driving mostly on weekends and my route will be from Asheville to Boone but since I’m hitting ranges and guns stores I’ll be on local roads most of the time.  No “rush hour” traffic anymore for me.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 408 Member
    Was just up that way last weekend, pigeon forge.  Crowded as usual but more so cause of the labor shortage.  Saw a sign that said "Are you breathing?, apply here 16.50/hr."  Pretty country, I loved Ashville years ago, but as has been said, to many liberals now.
    I was in Pigeon Forge a week ago on Thursday. Very crowded.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,882 Senior Member
    Sounds like it's time for you to get into snowboarding...
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    Part of the plan!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    Part of the plan!
    A motorcycle maybe????

JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT: