Home Main Category Clubhouse

The. . ."Duties" of Wal Mart Security

BigslugBigslug Senior MemberPosts: 9,391 Senior Member
Wal Mart's camping section stocks seats and chemical liner bags that allow you to convert a 5-gallon Lowe's or Home Depot bucket into a camp toilet.  I went in for a resupply of liners after a 2-year hiatus - - the 2020 Covidiocy having thrown more than one wrench into the usual deer season camping trip.

Wal Mart - my local one at least - now keeps both seats and liners in their locked, ask-an-associate-for-help display cabinet.

I'm sure there's a story here.  Big Chief's knack for this kind of investigative journalism would undoubtedly find the answer for us.  As it is, I'm 50/50 on whether I really want to know. :# 
WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    You know that you can use kitchen garbage bag in the bucket ..... Right?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,514 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Or a Walmart bag with the smiley face!!😎
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Once upon a time, a person could accurately opine that the world was going down the toilet.

Now. Were left with a bag lined pale. Kept slightly out of reach.

Not to mention the great TP debacle of recent memory.

Walmart, the third world, and the evening news. A three legged stool?
    :-) 
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,286 Senior Member
    Three S's, Shovel, S**t, Shut Up  ;)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,037 Senior Member
    "Covidiocy". LOVE IT. *steals*
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,559 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    👆🏻
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

You and Zee are classless heathens! It is so much more sophisticated to poop in a bag, in a bucket. I am sure you could get away with just a bucket, but my friend Linefinder advises against it.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,225 Senior Member
    edited August 2021 #9
    CHIRO1989 said:
    If you’re feeling devilish, strategic placing into a shallow grave and a thin sprinkling of dirt on too creates a great land mine…
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    CHIRO1989 said:

You and Zee are classless heathens! It is so much more sophisticated to poop in a bag, in a bucket. I am sure you could get away with just a bucket, but my friend Linefinder advises against it.
    Pfft, Linefinder IS the reason you don't use a bucket. I will say though, we did have someone wearing coveralls at deer camp and there was a pooping in ones hood incident....
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    If you’re feeling devilish, strategic placing into a shallow grave and a thin sprinkling of dirt on too creates a great land mine…
    That will be a fun ride home in the truck.....
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 603 Senior Member
    The Catch-22 of Loss Prevention.

If you only keep the Air Jordan shoes and Black Ice car air fresheners under lock and key, it could be considered racist.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,391 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    I selected the Home Depot bucket that says "Let's DO This".  Seemed appropriate. :D

The point to the thread is not the technicalities of doing your business in the woods, but that Wally World sees the need to lock up the supplies they sell for doing so.

Ammo?  OK

Spray paint?  Sure.

Camp toilets?  Really?  I'm forced to wonder if one of their classy customers assembled and used one in the middle of the store, resulting in the current stocking situation.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    edited August 2021 #14
    Bigslug said:
    Jayhawker said:
    I selected the Home Depot bucket that says "Let's DO This".  Seemed appropriate. :D

Ammo?  OK

Spray paint?  Sure.

Camp toilets?  Really?  I'm forced to wonder if one of their classy customers assembled and used one in the middle of the store, resulting in the current stocking situation.
    Don't be flushing down a good poop thread, been awhile since we squeezed out a good one, gets the juices flowing around here....

It is Walmart, I assume too many folks were posing for smart phone pictures....
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,746 Senior Member
    All you ever need for the DIY.

Then there's the deluxe upgrade for only $5 bucks more .

👍
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,694 Senior Member
    The chair makes me think about Red Green 
    Spk said:
    All you ever need for the DIY.

Then there's the deluxe upgrade for only $5 bucks more .

👍
    And, it doubles as a rifle rest, in a pinch.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,073 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    If you know anyone that metal detects- drop a penny in the hole before you cover it up
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JaphyJaphy Posts: 288 Member
    Bigslug said:
    Wal Mart's camping section stocks seats and chemical liner bags that allow you to convert a 5-gallon Lowe's or Home Depot bucket into a camp toilet.  I went in for a resupply of liners after a 2-year hiatus - - the 2020 Covidiocy having thrown more than one wrench into the usual deer season camping trip.

Wal Mart - my local one at least - now keeps both seats and liners in their locked, ask-an-associate-for-help display cabinet.

I'm sure there's a story here.  Big Chief's knack for this kind of investigative journalism would undoubtedly find the answer for us.  As it is, I'm 50/50 on whether I really want to know. :# 
    Watched a report on a news channel last evening that mentioned this topic. The buckets are used against LEOs. The report was from Austin. 
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,437 Senior Member
    When my wife and I first started dating we were at her friends ranch. A bunch of us were sitting around the campfire.  Nature called and I had to take a dump!  I said I'll be back in a few, need to find a good secluded place in the woods for a few min.  One of her friends said we have a toilet in our camper.  Many thanks and off I went.  I didn't turn any lights on and found the bathroom.  When I went to flush nothing happened.  I shined my light down and toilet was bone dry and there were a box of trash bags I was supposed to use.

Well heck, I turned on some lights found a gallon plastic bag to put my hands in and paper towels and filled the toilet bag with my stuff.  I cleaned up my mess and rejoined the group.  The said you left in such a hurry we were going to tell you to put a bag in as we have no water.  I said no worries, I figured it out.  I told my wife that night when we went to bed and she was laughing her rear end off!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    The type of bag is important, especially on a C-130 aircraft since the facility is really a bucket in the back
    of the aircraft. So on a flight requiring customs inspection such as an out and in flight to the Azores there is one container ie bag that the customs inspector will not open and inspect.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,746 Senior Member
    edited September 2021 #22
    NN said:
    Jayhawker said:
    The type of bag is important, especially on a C-130 aircraft since the facility is really a bucket in the back
    of the aircraft. So on a flight requiring customs inspection such as an out and in flight to the Azores there is one container ie bag that the customs inspector will not open and inspect.
    C141 cargo planes with a community commode right behind the cockpit out in the open (zero privacy). I knew some guys had to go but no one would use it. We had WM's onboard. Dang, overseas flights are fun.  🤣

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    edited September 2021 #23
    Spk said:
    NN said:
    Jayhawker said:
    C141 cargo planes with a community commode right behind the cockpit out in the open (zero privacy). I knew some guys had to go but no one would use it. We had WM's onboard. Dang, overseas flights are fun.  🤣

Yeah, I left out the part that you have to carry your own bag off the A/C and across the flightline.

Sometimes it is better to be from the old Corps than the new Corps, hey.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,225 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    If you know anyone that metal detects- drop a penny in the hole before you cover it up
    I keep getting this feeling you and I were separated at birth… 🤣
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,930 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    NN said:

Spk said:
    NN said:

For the shy type probably could have used the crew toilet on the right hand side under the cockpit with a privacy door.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,188 Senior Member
    rberglof said:
    Spk said:
    NN said:

Spk said:
    NN said:

For the shy type probably could have used the crew toilet on the right hand side under the cockpit with a privacy door.
    Also it's amazing what could be done with a poncho liner.  
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5